Counter to Dutch EP?

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Counter to Dutch EP?

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:cannons (which are expensive and the jap guy can just make 5 yabusame and be all gud).

Well, you can ship something like 1000 wood -> 1000 coin, though the latter might not even be necessary with all the banks you have. I'm pretty sure skirms deal with 5 yabusame rather easily, too.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:cannons (which are expensive and the jap guy can just make 5 yabusame and be all gud).

Well, you can ship something like 1000 wood -> 1000 coin, though the latter might not even be necessary with all the banks you have. I'm pretty sure skirms deal with 5 yabusame rather easily, too.

You could be right, but japan will also have flaming arrows left, and yumi are so strong you never really know what's going to happen.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

knusch wrote:yeah dutch bad, need back those 300/300 banks or maybe a free bank for every age up

Dutch got out of hand with cheap banks, that's why the change was reverted. I don't even want to know how ridiculous they would be if they were given free wagons with every age up.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I think he might've intended to be sarcastic, Papist.

@Darwin_ Personally I think that's one of the few matchups Dutch actually wins for sure on EP XD
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Why would you ever make yabs as jap lol. May as well just delete res
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Mitoe wrote:I think he might've intended to be sarcastic, Papist.

@Darwin_ Personally I think that's one of the few matchups Dutch actually wins for sure on EP XD

Oops :blush:

Where do you think Dutch stand in the EP civ tier, Mitoe?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Imo the best civs v dutch are azzy, china, spain and germany.
I don't think Ports do that well unless it's an 8TP map...

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Papist wrote:

Oops :blush:

Where do you think Dutch stand in the EP civ tier, Mitoe?

they are bad. Most people just dont have a plan vs them and they play to their strength.
Dutch loses to ger spain azzy brits, Russia (?), iro, sioux (?), port (?) and those are the mus they def lose. Its not like they win the other ones. Garja said it right, they basically lose marginal against every civ. They might be a decent pick vs ottos i guess.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:Why would you ever make yabs as jap lol. May as well just delete res

yabusame + wall op
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Basically what Raphael said. Many people just don't know the best way to play against them. Last patch was slightly different, just because you could get more out of your wood crates, which gave you some more breathing room when you had to adapt your build into something else: now you don't really have that option.

If I had to rate Dutch on a tier list, they'd be towards the bottom. I think the only civs they do well against are probably Japan and China, and they do ok vs Sioux and India with the correct build.

They can do well vs civs like France or Port if the other player doesn't understand how to play the matchup, and there are some cheese builds you can do that work pretty well if they go unscouted, but other than that it's pretty difficult to find yourself in a winning position a lot of the time.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

What do you do as dutch? Just like straight 5 bank ff?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:
pecelot wrote:

You could be right, but japan will also have flaming arrows left, and yumi are so strong you never really know what's going to happen.

Then you can add a culverin or two :flowers:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

macacoalbino wrote:Imo the best civs v dutch are azzy, china, spain and germany.
I don't think Ports do that well unless it's an 8TP map...

You'd be surprised really. Its probably sorta close though.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I'd have to play proper ports then... Most people i played against would try to win with mam timing or just lose the game...
@Mitoe what does dutch do vs china, i'm kinda curious... They outmass me so hard in age 3 all the time...