Changing water for EP 4

Choose the option that best reflects your opinion on the mentioned changes

The changes are (near) perfect
30%
The changes are the right idea, but I think the numbers should be tweaked (reply with how they should be tweaked)
8%
I am okay with these changes but I have a different idea on how to change water that I think is even better (reply with your idea)
3%
I agree with the fishing boat changes, but disagree with the war ship changes (reply with why)
11%
I disagree with the fishing boat changes, but agree with the war ship changes (reply with why)
6%
I disagree with the changes and I have a different idea on how to change water that I think is better (reply with your idea)
3%
I don't think we should change water at all
10%
I think we should try to balance water through maps alone
17%
I would uninstall the patch if these changes were implemented
11%

Total votes: 63

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Changing water for EP 4

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah don't worry no ones planning to remove the build limit on war ships.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

let's discuss aoe4 balance instead of ep4 now
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

What do you wish to discuss? It is pretty balanced imo.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Monitors are pretty crap on EP already, their long-range attack takes a lot of time to reset, I doubt it'd be that tough to break :?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It doesnt matter if you have 10... All you need is to do is use them in a cycle.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

these are great suggestions
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:It doesnt matter if you have 10... All you need is to do is use them in a cycle.

With no eco you will certainly be able to hold batches or artillery coming at you every 15 seconds :banana:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pecelot wrote:
umeu wrote:It doesnt matter if you have 10... All you need is to do is use them in a cycle.

With no eco you will certainly be able to hold batches or artillery coming at you every 15 seconds :banana:

right... yeah, if you assume the water player has no eco (which is a dumb assumption, cuz he has 10 monitors) and if you believe artillery trains every 15 seconds. then yes, i can see how you would be lead to believe it's not an issue. you are obviously completely delirious though. but hey, each his own reality... right? :maniac:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

10 monitors take full pop space, while you can have 99 vills gathering continuously. Obviously, artillery takes longer to be produced, but you can send them in waves, right? And who's gonna win overall?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pecelot wrote:10 monitors take full pop space, while you can have 99 vills gathering continuously. Obviously, artillery takes longer to be produced, but you can send them in waves, right? And who's gonna win overall?

why would 10 monitors take 200 pop?

you can send them in waves, but theyre not going to be effective if there are not enough of them. and in a normal game there is a timer on how long you can let water go untouched. so even if you send them in waves of 10. which means you need to have like 4 foundries and be able to pump from them non stop, 5 monitors is enough to special shot 10 units and deal with what remains of that 10. then the other 5 deal with the next wave. then you just camp out of range for 30 sec, till youre recharged, and repeat it.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Oh, right, my mistake. I went with the suggestion that monitors cost 10 population, must have confused those simple numbers :? Still, though, 10 monitors would block a lot of population that could be potentially used for land army, like cavalry and such.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

So whats the plan, is ep 3 still in works, or are waiting for AOE III definitive edition?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pecelot wrote:Oh, right, my mistake. I went with the suggestion that monitors cost 10 population, must have confused those simple numbers :? Still, though, 10 monitors would block a lot of population that could be potentially used for land army, like cavalry and such.

Yes, but the point was that the water player who can build 10 monitors wont need land army. It will be stalemate. Not that the land player cant build water army either probably, as if youre attacking with cannons in waves, there will be no room for water units, if you can even get a dock up
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

10 monitors won't deal with everything too quickly, but of course you can still switch to frigates. :?

Atomiswave wrote:So whats the plan, is ep 3 still in works, or are waiting for AOE III definitive edition?

EP 3 is, like, already here... :export:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Atomiswave wrote:So whats the plan, is ep 3 still in works, or are waiting for AOE III definitive edition?
Still in works
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

pecelot wrote:Leaksh :!: :hmm: :hehe: :ear:

My bad, I had next version of ep in mind.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Now that we are at it we could reduce the building time for outposts. It isn't exactly an anti-water change but it is something worth considering because outposts just build insanely slowly for basically no reason. I think the reason originally was to discourage tower spam (like tower rush) but that's not viable in aoe3 anyway. Currenly outposts are sort of underwhelming. Their up doesn't even increase the hp and their cost+build time is just expensive to start with.
50 seconds sounds like a lot compared to all other buildings (only TCs and fort take more than that). Perhaps 40 or 45 secs would be more appropriate. WH, BH and castle could be left at +5s secs due to their additional function. For the record noble huts take 40 secs to build so I can't really see the logic behind the building time of outposts. Probably, as I said, just an unjustified bias against them.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yeah outposts build slowly. their build time can be changed. but im not sure if i like to change warhut and blockhouse building time :/ nobles hut for 40 second could be straightened to match warhuts, but imo its not very significant either way, so i dont really care.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Alternatively we can just remove the 4 vill building cap so that they build marginally faster but at some cost.
Image Image Image