Changing Pop Cap and Max Deck Size

Malaysia hxazgalor
Crossbow

Changing Pop Cap and Max Deck Size

Post by hxazgalor »

Hi there, newbie to the forums. Would like to ask, is there a way that I can get the ESOC patch to use the UnHardcode Patch's customizable settings for deck size and pop cap? Or is there a way to do so without having to extensively modify any of the patch's (or the base game's) base files?

Thanks in advance :chinese:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Changing Pop Cap and Max Deck Size

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hey, you should be able to apply UHC patches onto ESOC path (age3f.exe) just fine akin to the regular game. Of course by doing this you modify your exe file and have a different version of the game, so you will not be able to play with other players.
Malaysia hxazgalor
Crossbow

Post by hxazgalor »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Hey, you should be able to apply UHC patches onto ESOC path (age3f.exe) just fine akin to the regular game. Of course by doing this you modify your exe file and have a different version of the game, so you will not be able to play with other players.

Thanks for that. Could I know how to apply it? I've already done so prior to installing the ESOC patch, and it worked alright with vanilla TAD. However, whenever I run the ESOC patch from the launcher, the settings I've keyed in to the UHC config file don't seem to load. I've followed the instructions as per the UHC readme, but does this work with the ESOC patch? What do I need to do to get it to work?

Again, many thanks for the assistance :grin:
Malaysia hxazgalor
Crossbow

Post by hxazgalor »

UPDATE: I tried using the UHC Patcher to patch the ESOC Patch executable, but that didn't work (then again, I kinda guessed it wouldn't; the patcher even warned me that I was selecting a non-TAD executable). Every time I tried to open the Play screen to start a Skirmish match, the game crashes back to the desktop and I get the standard Win7 warning.

Can someone please tell me how I can get it to work with the ESOC Patch? :(
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Sounds like you are applying the UHC patches onto EP launcher (ESOCPatchLauncher.exe), but you need to apply them onto the age3f.exe file instead. You will find this file in the same folder as ESOCPatchLauncher.exe and the regular age3y.exe (your main AoE3 installation folder).
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Malaysia hxazgalor
Crossbow

Post by hxazgalor »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Sounds like you are applying the UHC patches onto EP launcher (ESOCPatchLauncher.exe), but you need to apply them onto the age3f.exe file instead. You will find this file in the same folder as ESOCPatchLauncher.exe and the regular age3y.exe (your main AoE3 installation folder).

I did that, actually, but I get the error I described in the previous post. Am I doing something wrong? :sad: My copy of AoE III is the Collector's Edition, BTW.

EDIT: The message I get is: "The supplied executable doesn't seem to be a valid AoE3 TAD executable. Do you want to proceed with patching this file, anyway?" When I press Yes and launch the game, and try to open the Skirmish lobby (after pressing Play in the Skirmish screen), I almost immediately get sent back to the desktop with the standard Windows "this executable has encountered an error" message.