Why is there no new Patch Version before the the Autumn Tournament?

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Why is there no new Patch Version before the the Autumn Tournament?

Post by Darwin_ »

It is fairly evident from the data collected by Goodspeed and Pecelot concerning civ play/win-rates and public opinion on civ strength that there is a fair amount of imbalance in the current patch. Why, the question is, is there not a new patch version before the Autumn Tournament, as far as I am aware? Germany, Dutch, and British are incredibly powerful in the current patch while civs like Spain and Sioux are still not up to snuff. To me, I think it would be smart if we could get a new version of the patch out before the tournament really gets going to make sure that everyone gets the best experience they can. :flowers:
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Why is there no new Patch Version before the the Autumn Tournament?

Post by Goodspeed »

There is a list of wanted changes, it's not final yet but there should be a new patch before the tournament starts.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

That would be great. Hopefully with some margin to spare, too. Let's fix water, please!
:chinese:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

There will be a new patch with several new maps and bug fixes in a few days. If GoodSpeed has any balance changes planned then he failed to communicate that to the dev team as it's not known to them currently.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:There will be a new patch with several new maps and bug fixes in a few days. If GoodSpeed has any balance changes planned then he failed to communicate that to the dev team as it's not known to them currently.

Is it possible for you to delay the tournament and the patch by a bit so that any possible balance changes could be added for the next tourney?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:There will be a new patch with several new maps and bug fixes in a few days. If GoodSpeed has any balance changes planned then he failed to communicate that to the dev team as it's not known to them currently.
He said there's no balance update coming at this time. He thinks it will be live some time before the tournament, though. Don't worry about it.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Goodspeed wrote:There is a list of wanted changes, it's not final yet but there should be a new patch before the tournament starts.

Do you have the list of changes to share?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Darwin_ wrote:It is fairly evident from the data collected by Goodspeed and Pecelot concerning civ play/win-rates and public opinion on civ strength that there is a fair amount of imbalance in the current patch. Why, the question is, is there not a new patch version before the Autumn Tournament, as far as I am aware? Germany, Dutch, and British are incredibly powerful in the current patch while civs like Spain and Sioux are still not up to snuff. To me, I think it would be smart if we could get a new version of the patch out before the tournament really gets going to make sure that everyone gets the best experience they can. :flowers:
It would be sMart. It would be equally sMart, however, to not overanalyze limited and skewed data samples. I would certainly agree that British, Dutch and Germans are more powerful than most other civilizations.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Darwin_ wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:There is a list of wanted changes, it's not final yet but there should be a new patch before the tournament starts.

This just leaked:

Autoredacted

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Oh boy, looks like it's time to jump on #EP4 hypetrain! :export: :!: :export:
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Darwin_ wrote:

Not until it's final. A couple of changes are almost certain to be in there by now though so I guess I can share those:

Chinese
- Now also get the random extra food crate. This is the additional random food crate that currently civs other than China get on top of the first random wood or coin crate.
- Old Han Reforms cost removed

Ottomans
- Mosque cost reverted to 100 wood (down from 150)
(We also want to nerf some of Otto's more all in styles but aren't sure how yet).

Sioux
- Teepee aura range (attack, HP and gather rate) increased to 24 (up from 18)

Germans and India are likely to be changed as well.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Seriously? That's huge buff for China. And quite significant buff for Otto as well.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Interesting. It is a buff to China in 1/5, 1/4, or 1/3 (depending on just how crate spawns work) of cases, init?

Ottomans depends on what else is done, surely.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Goodspeed wrote:Sioux

this gonna be fun
oranges.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Indeed, my japbudy ā€“ our prayers to Goodspeed's Temple of Heavenly Balance have been heeded, at last! :chinese:

P.S. What a piece of shit!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:Interesting. It is a buff to China in 1/5, 1/4, or 1/3 (depending on just how crate spawns work) of cases, init?

Regardless they are free buffs, especially the China one where there is already the fixed crate mechanic (and a goat) that ensures a fair start.
As I suggested, the extra random food would be possible together with the other extra random crate, in order to have the classic good to shit range of starting conditions. This way China just gets an unfair advantage, and they don't even need buff in the current state of things.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I request an Aizamk buff:
-Teepees can now be used as a shipment arrival point

On a serious note, ottomans had a pretty good win ratio in the Spring Championship as well. I like the incentive for the mosque play but i still doubt ottomans will be picked on non TP maps, their TP builds are still strong so people tend to save their otto picks for the TP maps. It would be very interesting to see how the mosque buff plays out though, maybe i'm wrong. France instead, surprisingly enough, had a pretty low win rate but it's probably wise to wait before changing them, only one tournament might not be very indicative.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

Not until it's final. A couple of changes are almost certain to be in there by now though so I guess I can share those:

Chinese
- Now also get the random extra food crate. This is the additional random food crate that currently civs other than China get on top of the first random wood or coin crate.

Ottomans
(We also want to nerf some of Otto's more all in styles but aren't sure how yet).

Sioux

Which modder is to thank for figuring out the crate problem?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:
zoom wrote:Interesting. It is a buff to China in 1/5, 1/4, or 1/3 (depending on just how crate spawns work) of cases, init?

Regardless they are free buffs, especially the China one where there is already the fixed crate mechanic (and a goat) that ensures a fair start.
As I suggested, the extra random food would be possible together with the other extra random crate, in order to have the classic good to shit range of starting conditions. This way China just gets an unfair advantage, and they don't even need buff in the current state of things.
No, only the Chinese change could possibly be considered a free buff, given that Ottomans will be nerfed in another way, apparently. Also, that is exactly what is being done, iirc.

Chinese

ā€“ Now gets the secondary random crate (when other civilizations do, only).
ā€“ "Old Han Reforms" home-city shipment 1000f cost removed.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Chinese

Ottomans

Sioux

Which modder is to thank for figuring out the crate problem?
Memememememememememememe
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:Which modder is to thank for figuring out the crate problem?

The change is not yet implemented so.. we'll see.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Jerom wrote:Which modder is to thank for figuring out the crate problem?

The change is not yet implemented so.. we'll see.
I don't think he means it in that sense. I also don't think implementing the change will be hard whatsoever, unless it's hard-coded or some shit.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:

No, only the Chinese change could possibly be considered a free buff, given that Ottomans will be nerfed in another way, apparently. Also, that is exactly what is being done, iirc.

Chinese

ā€“ Now gets the secondary random crate (when other civilizations do, only).
ā€“ "Old Han Reforms" home-city shipment 1000f cost removed.

Ok, you must be joking.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

No, I mean that is the change. They are not getting an extra food crate. I've spent three posts already, trying to explain that. Currently, every fourth or third map spawn, all players except Chinese ones get 100f extra. With this change, Chinese players will no longer be discriminated against in that scenario.

I hope this resolves any confusion.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I totally understood what you mean and I was totally aware of that because I strongly suggested GS to not implement this.
You gotta understand China is already fine because they get a fixed extra 100w, which is the equivalent of the average of other random spawns that other civs get (probably better in fact).
Adding a random food crate is just a free buff. Adding a random food crate AND randomizing the 3rd wood crate would be the equivalent of what other civs get, in the same random fashion.

Im' not aware of any further otto nerf to compensate for a mosque that cost the same as RE but grant better xp trickle and cheaper techs (latter is fine, first shold come at some price).

As for teepee buff, it would be a pleasing buff if only there wasn't the possibility to build them with units from the start. Ability which should require a card worth 700 resources and clearly better than what you guys thought.
Image Image Image