Why is there no new Patch Version before the the Autumn Tournament?

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Why is there no new Patch Version before the the Autumn Tournament?

Post by momuuu »

WickedCossack wrote:
Jerom wrote:If sepoy are 2 shot by town center then india can't rush ever again.

Well you can, but it would have to include a british consulate at some early point which is pretty restrictive in terms of your build and flexibility to adapt after.

Yeah you're right I forgot. So you basically change india into having 1 rush type instead of the 3 they have. I mean even if you call india's sepoy too strong I still dont get the idea. Regardless of my earlier post, I don't even agree with the change to begin with because india isn't at all limited or one dimensional. There are 3 very different sort of rush build orders, and then theres a bunch of match ups where its not even that much about rushing: Vs russia, aztec and otto you play defensively, and in the mirror too actually. I find that the other match ups are split between slow sepoy rush and consulate rush. Against Germany, British, Dutch and Ports for example I'd definitely consider a slow sepoy rush. France and Spain are ones where I think consulate rush is best. But overall theres plenty of variety in the strategical sense, and actually also some match ups where I think you transition into gurka/zamb if you don't win outright. It just feels very flexible altogether.

And yes maybe india is a bit weak in the match ups where they can't rush well. I'd not mind seeing india's boom options (like the karni mata age up) buffed, but I would mind seeing a sepoy hp nerf. I think Sepoys fall off once you can actually play eco/fortress styles. Gurka/zamb in age 2 is amazing, but it ends up not being viable because india cant be passive like that. If you actually insist on seeing more than just pure sepoy, then you must buff the more economic style which falls short in this meta.

Garja wrote:You can still totally rush. The 3 Tc shots thing is insane. China gets fucked hard by that I think for example, since even with 8 xbows first a sepoy run by is going to do decisive damage anyway. Japan is also doomed by a well done rush+contain. Most civs just struggle too much against sepoy evne if they make the exact counter to that (think about brits). That would be okish if that's all the civ has (think about otto jans) but all other India units are also very good and India can also go eco.
In fact I think that we some other compensation (e.g +100f at start which would be legit anyway) India could just do their normal colonial stuff and play colo vs fortress without being too far behind. In order for that to happen there must be some other nerf to the semi FF civs, which guess what I'm considering in my patch notes.

If you can still rush with 180 hp sepoys, then india is the best civ in the game right now. Which it clearly is not. Its not even above average I think.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

And by the way, the reason otto revolves so much around jannisaries is probably not because Jans are too strong and other units too weak, but because Otto can only affort one military building when doing a fast fortress style because they need res for mams/spahi. I'd reckon once you start producing from 2 buildings then abus guns might become viable, but by that point you've probably lost.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Otto rely on jans because that's the only infantry unit they have. And because they only have one unit from the barracks they gave it retarded HP.
Anyway, India can definetely rush with 180hp sepoy. It was the same nerf as AS FP and it's not like sepoy were weak. India is not the best civ right now but is indeed one of the best at rushing so that nerf wouldn't suddendly make sepoy useless.
Also by rushing I mean like contain. You're not going to rush and kill a civ like French, Dutch or Germans anyway on EP, even with 190 hp sepoy. Those MUs generally evolve in colo vs fortress where at 10 min you know if your rush has done enough damage or not. Right now most of times India loses. +100f at start would speed them up and make the TP start actually viable (not like now where the age up time is a big drawback).
Image Image Image
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Why do you talk about india rush if you dont know its crates start anyway?
Do you think
100f 300w 100c
200f 400w
is the same?

The second one 30s earlier than the first. Ofc its not possible balance a civ this way...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Extra crates are the same for every civ. You have to watch at the base ones to make comparisons. And by doing that you can see India is short of crates to compensate for their wood costing vills (check Dutch or other asian civs).
Age up time is indeed important but it's just a variable for Asian civs since they can drop the wonder at any point (don't have a set number of vills to age). So for example the 100g will make india age slower but will help in the rush either with market ups or first batches of units.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:Otto rely on jans because that's the only infantry unit they have. And because they only have one unit from the barracks they gave it retarded HP.
Anyway, India can definetely rush with 180hp sepoy. It was the same nerf as AS FP and it's not like sepoy were weak. India is not the best civ right now but is indeed one of the best at rushing so that nerf wouldn't suddendly make sepoy useless.
Also by rushing I mean like contain. You're not going to rush and kill a civ like French, Dutch or Germans anyway on EP, even with 190 hp sepoy. Those MUs generally evolve in colo vs fortress where at 10 min you know if your rush has done enough damage or not. Right now most of times India loses. +100f at start would speed them up and make the TP start actually viable (not like now where the age up time is a big drawback).

India was considered the bottom civ on AS FP.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I understand that crates can spawn additionally for every civs.
But in both case i added those random crates. And 30s prepare time for a rush is game changing.
I will check out my these age up times until i installed the game. Im sure its huge...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:
Garja wrote:Otto rely on jans because that's the only infantry unit they have. And because they only have one unit from the barracks they gave it retarded HP.

Ye because they overnerfed them. Nerfing the agra, brit consulate down to 5% snd nerfing the big wood trickle. No surprise.
And funnily enough in team they were still good.
Sepoy nerf is legit since the unit is OP, they need compensation elsewhere.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Dsy wrote:I understand that crates can spawn additionally for every civs.
But in both case i added those random crates. And 30s prepare time for a rush is game changing.
I will check out my these age up times until i installed the game. Im sure its huge...

No starting TP for Germans or Fre is also game changing. And btw 100g sux for Germans too in terms of age up time.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:
Jerom wrote:

Ye because they overnerfed them. Nerfing the agra, brit consulate down to 5% snd nerfing the big wood trickle. No surprise.
And funnily enough in team they were still good.
Sepoy nerf is legit since the unit is OP, they need compensation elsewhere.

A unit can't even be OP. A unit can make a civ OP but it can't be OP by itself. Thats not how game balance works.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Isn't that precisely how game balance works?

RE Sioux was by no means considered OP but the bowrider was unanimously agreed to be a broken unit - it was their only style of play. So the civ received a bowrider nerf and subsequent buff in other areas.

In this case the sepoy rush is India's only style of play because the sepoy unit is too strong. Outside of the sepoy rush India is less viable because of their overall slowness. The civ wasn't OP but the unit was broken. The broken unit received a nerf. The overall civ received a subsequent buff. What's difficult to understand?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@momuuu

I agree with most of your points about game design and we do tend to choose more general nerfs over nerfing specific playstyles or units when trying to balance civs. Standardizing is not something we want to do. But there is still a point where a unit or playstyle becomes so prevalent that we find we are not seeing most of the civ's unique aspects, we are only seeing the 1 side of them. Every RE Sioux game is 100% bow rider. Almost every German game is 100% uhlan plus shipments. Every current India game seems to be (nearly) 100% sepoy, and every Otto game is 100% janissary plus shipments.

There is more to these civs than 1 unit and 1 playstyle. You may not care as much about that because you don't play these civs and are only looking at it from the perspective of facing them. You argue that we are hurting inter-civ diversity by nerfing playstyles that are unique to the civ, and to an extent this is true, but there is a balance to be found here. Intra-civ diversity, that is the diversity in options for any one civ, is also important. When there is good balance between the two, a civ is unique but also has multiple ways to play. When there is bad balance between the two, a civ has only one way to play or, on the other side of the spectrum, the civ is good at everything but not great at anything (looking at you France). You don't need 1 OP unit or playstyle to be unique. After our changes, Germans still have very different strengths than Indians, and Sioux are even more different.
There is also a problem with balance for civs who have 1 possible playstyle, as they become easily counterable by civs who counter that specific playstyle. Especially with civ-countering rules, this can be an issue.

Point being that it's not black and white. Inter-civ diversity is not all that matters, and when we see a severe lack of build diversity for any one civ, we will deal with it. For Sioux, Germans, Otto and India we saw/see this problem to enough of an extent to do something about it. Put simply, we have noticed that the aforementioned "balance" is off in those cases and we want to fix it. We're all about balance after all.

More specifically about India. They're a very interesting and well-designed civ, but I am not seeing that when I watch high level India games. I see them rush when most of their strengths and unique aspects make them an excellent civ later in the game. A strong unit composition, a civ bonus that slow-booms, a slow age up time, wonders that favour defense and/or contain strategies rather than all out rushes, etcetera. They are a rush civ for only one reason: Sepoy are too strong. It doesn't actually fit their civ design at all. They will still be able to rush, they will even be slightly faster with the house change, but they won't want to commit under a TC as much. They will want to contain, which in my opinion is more in line with their civ design.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Oh no, the civ who naked FF's is countered by a no eco rush???!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think your analysis with regards to india is extremely poor. I'm also curious: who is 'we'?
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I checked the time differences.
With 200f 400w i aged up exactly 30s earlier than 100f 300w 100c.

With the 200f 400w consulate rush felt much more stronger...
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dsy wrote:I checked the time differences.
With 200f 400w i aged up exactly 30s earlier than 100f 300w 100c.

With the 200f 400w consulate rush felt much more stronger...

Yep makes sense
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Called it, 30th October of 2015 viewtopic.php?f=159&t=3436#p72869

I am always right, though it takes a while sometimes.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Still a bit skeptical re india.

From my experience I feel like you need to do a bit of damage against the semi FF civs with early aggression, and on ESOC maps that means walking in range of TC fire. You don't have to walk behind the TC or anything crazy but usually to siege a house/market or shoot a villager you have to be in TC range and that doesn't seem cost effective anymore. (Excluding cons rush.) So your other option is to contain with no damage on the enemy semi FF civ, well they can just push out and win if they took no damage by 9 or 10 mins? You're not containing anything since they're not yet out of resources on I assume most maps.

Also how does it affect a MU like india/japan that seems finely tuned with the expectation atm that india is taking an insane amount of TC fire shots in the early game with sepoys? You can't do that anymore but at the same time I don't like giving japan any time.

On the plus side they will be the best water civ in the game so I guess you just play them really situationaly now.

I'm not against a Sepoy nerf but crossing the TC threshold will have very big consequences. :hmm:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I recall a time when India would contain with forward agra and economic investments in early colonial. With cheaper houses, their entire build is slightly sped up so this will be a stronger option. Alternatively they can go for early gurkha pressure, or their own semi-FF. Sepoy rush shouldn't be their only option. If it is, there is clearly a problem. And without nerfing it we couldn't have buffed India in the way that we did, because sepoy play would've been even better and that would've done little to encourage different play.

If it turns out India now lacks options against semi-FFs we'll look at further buffs. Sepoy nerf was step one though, because without that we won't even get to see how strong their other options are.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:@momuuu

I agree with most of your points about game design and we do tend to choose more general nerfs over nerfing specific playstyles or units when trying to balance civs. Standardizing is not something we want to do. But there is still a point where a unit or playstyle becomes so prevalent that we find we are not seeing most of the civ's unique aspects, we are only seeing the 1 side of them. Every RE Sioux game is 100% bow rider. Almost every German game is 100% uhlan plus shipments. Every current India game seems to be (nearly) 100% sepoy, and every Otto game is 100% janissary plus shipments.

I dont even begin to understand how every german game is 100% uhlan plus shipments. Thats just blatantly wrong. Not every sioux game is 100% bow rider either, I'm pretty damned sure we see them do semi FF with axe riders and wakinas almost more than half of the time if the map has decent hunts. You nerfed bow riders before we could even see sioux on EP maps (for your reference: https://youtu.be/sTxOealh_3U?t=33m28s ). Not even every india game is 100% sepoy, as I already said Russia/Otto/Aztec require defensive play and then against civs like Japan, Dutch, British, Germany, China and some others you need more than just sepoy. Actually in reality the only true thing about your statement is that a majority of match ups require you to start with a sepoy pressure, just like how France starts hussar in the majority of their match ups or how china does FF in the majority of their match ups or how Russia goes 5 cossack almost all the time or how spain almost always does an FF build. And then saying otto is 100% janissary plus shipments is such a biased way to describe the otto composition. Janissary mam or jan falc are not necessarily such one dimensional compositions. Thats like saying meh Dutch almost always goes skirm ruyter why don't they go halb hussar that'd be more fun lets nerf skirmishers and ruyters.

There is more to these civs than 1 unit and 1 playstyle. You may not care as much about that because you don't play these civs and are only looking at it from the perspective of facing them. You argue that we are hurting inter-civ diversity by nerfing playstyles that are unique to the civ, and to an extent this is true, but there is a balance to be found here. Intra-civ diversity, that is the diversity in options for any one civ, is also important. When there is good balance between the two, a civ is unique but also has multiple ways to play. When there is bad balance between the two, a civ has only one way to play or, on the other side of the spectrum, the civ is good at everything but not great at anything (looking at you France). You don't need 1 OP unit or playstyle to be unique. After our changes, Germans still have very different strengths than Indians, and Sioux are even more different.
There is also a problem with balance for civs who have 1 possible playstyle, as they become easily counterable by civs who counter that specific playstyle. Especially with civ-countering rules, this can be an issue.

Very petty of you to just claim I don't play these civs. For your information, india is my second most played civ. And yes, if civs have literally only one thing they can do then that is a bit boring maybe, maybe it'd be fun if there is some diversity. But look at China, realistically speaking a FF is their main strategy, yet its interesting in the details of making the FF work, and in those details there is a plethora of build order variations were just the idea is constant. Similairily, Dutch basically always does a boomy semi FF, and I find that their strategies are very diverse in trying to make that work within all the different things civs can do.

Honestly, the same applies to india. I do not understand how one can reasonably put all the different types of rushes in just one category. A slow sepoy rush is close to an eco build order really, it's hardly a rush, it's just making a few sepoy to harass the opponent and keep him from being greedy, to then go into woodtrickle/600w/300e yourself. For example, against british a sepoy rush into a boom is quite commonly considered to be the best option for india, where india ends up actually defending against a big push from the british player. In the german match up, I think it's the norm to sepoy rush, then mass up a bit and then try to hit a timing when germany goes for the age up with some sowars, while against france we see all out consulate rushes mostly. Against dutch I think going for a slow sepoy rush followed up by 4 sowar, or honestly even going for a 10/10 might be the best way about it, and I do feel anything less aggressive or a consulate rush is much less efficient. Against Russia you usually don't even start with a rush, you generally should go 600w 300e and boom, starting out with sepoys but then transitioning into gurka zamb. What about the match up vs Aztec, where you will struggle to allow the agra to survive and where you are usually supposed to start with gurka? Do you think you can get away with making only sepoys against Japan? In general, India does often start out with sepoys (note that there is a huge difference between slow sepoy rush and consulate rush) but from there on out you often start mixing multiple unit types, gurkas in particular, sometimes even replace sepoys with zambs, and go completely different strategical paths. I find that india are a civ where you are doing different builds a lot. And even if they were a one trick pony, I do not think it's necessarily right to remove that trick entirely; after all the sepoy rush has a unique place in the meta. If india cant rush anymore you're making them much more boring.

Point being that it's not black and white. Inter-civ diversity is not all that matters, and when we see a severe lack of build diversity for any one civ, we will deal with it. For Sioux, Germans, Otto and India we saw/see this problem to enough of an extent to do something about it. Put simply, we have noticed that the aforementioned "balance" is off in those cases and we want to fix it.

But why, time and time again, do you elect to nerf what makes the civ special, remove their identity? India players probably enjoy sepoy rushing by now, I bet lots of RE Sioux players loved going bow riders, I think German players enjoy trying to play around with this uhlan weakness, I think otto players enjoy their limited unit pool, trying to win the game off of key shipments. I could get behind at least opening up options; For germany, maybe going back to 9 xbow + 2 uhlan brings back germany's aggressive colonial, which used to be quite strong. For india, I could possibly get behind a tiny nerf to sepoys, maybe -1 attack or +5 food or something, but even that seems unwarrented since India is often considered weak or below average, but only if they'd get a legitemate buff to their eco. I'd propose buffing the karni mata or howdahs. Either of those might allow them to also semi FF from time to time. But be aware that if you nerf sepoys that much and only buff their eco style, that you then might aswell remove the civ.

More specifically about India. They're a very interesting and well-designed civ, but I am not seeing that when I watch high level India games. I see them rush when most of their strengths and unique aspects make them an excellent civ later in the game. A strong unit composition, a civ bonus that slow-booms, a slow age up time, wonders that favour defense and/or contain strategies rather than all out rushes, etcetera. They are a rush civ for only one reason: Sepoy are too strong. It doesn't actually fit their civ design at all. They will still be able to rush, they will even be slightly faster with the house change, but they won't want to commit under a TC as much. They will want to contain, which in my opinion is more in line with their civ design.

India rushes because any other style causes them to lose. Gurka zamb is a much better composition than Sepoys, and in the match ups where they actually get to play colonial (basically, only against russia and aztec) do they make gurka zamb. The other match up, against british, is dominated by sepoys because british is weak against sepoys. And pure sepoy in the midgame literally does not happen. In a few match ups India might elect to consulate rush which is rather all in, but I do not think its necessarily bad that a civ has the best chances with an all in strategy in a handful of match ups. I do not know how much you're reducing the house cost, but what I do know is that india cannot actually sustain a rush; they just get outecod, or civs just go to age 3 and destroy india. Containing on EP is worthless, the hunts will be safe under the TC and then safe nearby the TC up to 11 minutes, if not later. At that point, india is often dead. You can have fun containing but india can, in many match ups, only survive by going for the throat. If you'd play some india or properly analyze the civ, I think this seems quite obvious. You need to punish that age 3, or resign.

Goodspeed wrote:I recall a time when India would contain with forward agra and economic investments in early colonial. With cheaper houses, their entire build is slightly sped up so this will be a stronger option. Alternatively they can go for early gurkha pressure, or their own semi-FF. Sepoy rush shouldn't be their only option. If it is, there is clearly a problem. And without nerfing it we couldn't have buffed India in the way that we did, because it would've been even better and would've done little to encourage different play.

I recall a time where germany would most frequently go xbow pike. I recall a time where Japan would make mostly ashigarus. I recall a time where Aztec would age with 2 skull knights. And no, you cant go for gurka pressure because you cant even begin to deal with cavalry with that build order. The reason sepoy rush is the only option is because all other possibilities aren't viable. If you just specifically the eco build, like reducing karni build time, or making gurkas get auto veteran, or making howdah strong, then you don't actually limit india again. With this change you're killing sepoy rush, you're literally limiting india but then in the sense that you have arbitrarily decided is good, and maybe more notably, in the same way that the majority of popular civs are limited: To a boring, non interactive no rush 10 civ.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jerom wrote:Honestly, the same applies to india. I do not understand how one can reasonably put all the different types of rushes in just one category.
You just did: "Rushes"
It's the only thing we saw them do in tournaments. There is virtually unanimous agreement among high level players that the sepoy is too strong. I do see your point, but again there is a threshold where a unit goes from being a good option to the only realistic option. There's unique, and there's one dimensional. The sepoy went over this threshold to enough of an extent for us to do something about it.

A slow sepoy rush is close to an eco build order really, it's hardly a rush, it's just making a few sepoy to harass the opponent and keep him from being greedy, to then go into woodtrickle/600w/300e yourself.
This will still be perfectly viable, probably even stronger due to the house change. Perhaps your harass force changes from 12 sepoy to 5 gurkha 4 sowar and 2 sepoy. This was a common early harass strategy for India in the ASFP days, where there was not even a house cost buff.

For example, against british a sepoy rush into a boom is quite commonly considered to be the best option for india, where india ends up actually defending against a big push from the british player. In the german match up, I think it's the norm to sepoy rush, then mass up a bit and then try to hit a timing when germany goes for the age up with some sowars, while against france we see all out consulate rushes mostly. Against dutch I think going for a slow sepoy rush followed up by 4 sowar, or honestly even going for a 10/10 might be the best way about it, and I do feel anything less aggressive or a consulate rush is much less efficient. Against Russia you usually don't even start with a rush, you generally should go 600w 300e and boom, starting out with sepoys but then transitioning into gurka zamb. What about the match up vs Aztec, where you will struggle to allow the agra to survive and where you are usually supposed to start with gurka? Do you think you can get away with making only sepoys against Japan? In general, India does often start out with sepoys (note that there is a huge difference between slow sepoy rush and consulate rush) but from there on out you often start mixing multiple unit types, gurkas in particular, sometimes even replace sepoys with zambs, and go completely different strategical paths. I find that india are a civ where you are doing different builds a lot. And even if they were a one trick pony, I do not think it's necessarily right to remove that trick entirely; after all the sepoy rush has a unique place in the meta. If india cant rush anymore you're making them much more boring.
I don't think that's what we're doing. India will be faster to colonial, and making units will get more value out of the house cost change so it seems perfectly viable for them to make units early. Sepoy losing 10 hp does not remove their early pressure options.

But why, time and time again, do you elect to nerf what makes the civ special, remove their identity?
I don't think a musketeer with slightly better stats is what makes India special. I think colonial skirmishers, colonial ranged cavalry, well-designed wonders, a vill with every shipment, elephants, interesting consulate options and villager cost is what makes India special.

India players probably enjoy sepoy rushing by now, I bet lots of RE Sioux players loved going bow riders, I think German players enjoy trying to play around with this uhlan weakness, I think otto players enjoy their limited unit pool, trying to win the game off of key shipments.
It's true that players often enjoy abusive strategies. After all, they tend to make winning easier. But long term most players will grow bored of the civ more quickly because when there is an abusive playstyle, alternative playstyles tend to be weaker. To most players, and to balance as well, intra-civ diversity is important.

I could get behind at least opening up options; For germany, maybe going back to 9 xbow + 2 uhlan brings back germany's aggressive colonial, which used to be quite strong. For india, I could possibly get behind a tiny nerf to sepoys, maybe -1 attack or +5 food or something, but even that seems unwarrented since India is often considered weak or below average, but only if they'd get a legitemate buff to their eco. I'd propose buffing the karni mata or howdahs. Either of those might allow them to also semi FF from time to time. But be aware that if you nerf sepoys that much and only buff their eco style, that you then might aswell remove the civ.
A house cost buff is not only a buff to their eco style. It's a buff to all styles. In fact, it even encourages making units early because population is now cheaper.

India rushes because any other style causes them to lose.
Yes that is exactly the problem. But we can't buff the civ in a general way and keep the sepoy as is, because India will still rely too much on sepoy. They will be a better civ, but with the same issues when it comes to diversity.
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

@Goodspeed : Ok, so the EP team has a problem with India fast sepoy rush. Then I wud recommend a slight cost buff (+10 food or something as discussed in this thread linked by Bramboy). But I dont think (and as pointed by Mr Cossack and others) that a HP nerf is correct here. It removes the uniqueness (and the cover up that for this civ sepoys are strong , but their cav units are pretty weak) of the civ. Maybe the EP team can consider this and work something out. :D
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Goodspeed wrote:It's the only thing we saw them do in tournaments.

Well, to be fair that doesn't seem entirely correct. We've seen them do other things already, like the famous elephant build in Ryan vs mongo tournament game, which involves zero sepoys.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

We saw them do it too much* in tournaments
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

India as a civ just has its strongest potential in the colonial age. its just often not worth ageing. An elephant FF is very nieche and quite unexpected. A sepoy rush certainly isn't unbeatable. An FI can also be quite lovely, but the rush is just the strongest / best strategy with the civ, so why would you do anything else?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk