Dutch - change proposals

Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Dutch - change proposals

Post by amiggo1999 »

1.) Every civ in the game either receives skirms in age 3, or has to research vet-upgrade for the full price. With dutch being one of the stronger civs on EP (correct me if this statement is outdates), I feel like this has to be accomodated for.

2.) Another entirely different concept, involves the ability to upgrade banks gather rate, for a fair price --> open for debate!
Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Dutch - change proposals

Post by tedere12 »

1) that would be a really large nerf for dutch I think. dutch don't have that much wood unless they ship 1k wood which isn't always available. maybe it needs to be tested.
2) Possibly, maybe after a card or a church tech. The issue is that dutch would outscale hard any other civ when natural resources run low on the map. And they already do to some extent.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

1.) maybe make it cost less wood than normal vet.
2.) I like the concept of improving them at the cost of a card, or perhaps at the cost of something else: e.g. 10% lower gather rate for plantations.
Image Image
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

What do you mean? I don't understand your first point. Dutch don't have musks which are all-purpose units, so their units aren't that strong in age2 apart from huss. Almost every civ gets vet-skirms in age3, except gurka (Really you want vet-gurka upgrade nerfed, just look at india). Brits and Japanese don't have skirms, but they have the best xbow units (lb/yumi). Are you suggesting nerfing the vet-lb upgrade???? Stronger is debatable but i don't feel there is a point discussing it now.

Bank cost at 350f+350w is too much (as it is on RE). Since the bank cost fix, dutch is finally a decent and playable civ. The problem lies with you if you let them 4-5bank boom and then spam units at you.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

It just seems a bit unfair, that dutch gets a light inf with 20 range, short shot animation, and decent multipliers in age 2, and simultaneously doesn't have to pay for vet. when advancing to age 3. But I suppose in the context of the civ not having access to a musketeer-type unit at all, it all changes quite a bit. Still I feel like it is something worthwhile to consider accomodating.
Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Dutch would be so awesome if they'd get musks, xbows and then skirms age 3, I'd wager.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

Dunno, I imagine they would have difficulties financing a food/wood heavy army
Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Nah thatd be epic. Then you really have better france, and they wouldnt even need to xbow/pike anyways. Just musk huss which would be insanely good and solve many matchups.

Germany is a hard match up and would possibly become a great match up since musk huss is good against them. Spain would be easy to beat with musk huss in colonial. I can see how youre steamrolling russia then and many match ups just remain a huss semi mu.