EP 4.2.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: EP 4.2.x Beta [2018-02-05]

Post by pecelot »

will @ypUnitDiscipleAura be taken into account in further EP progress?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP 4.2.x Beta [2017-02-05]

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:I agree. ezlee

User was banned for a day for continuing to post this after numerous warnings
First you warn me for a post that is directly contributing to the topic, then you ban me for another that is expressing my opinion in response to another user, on the grounds of "shitposting", presumably because I wrote "ezlee" instead of "easily". What is "shitposting" even supposed to mean? Are you saying my opinion is shit?? I realize we're dealing with ESOC moderating, but how thick are you? I only understand you have some severe sort of complex regarding the letters "e" and "z", for you to undertake such reverse moderating ā€“ even by esoc moderating standards.

ez
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The Sioux changes, I feel (after only a few games) make only a little difference in terms of their overall economy but the Sioux player's base is no longer an unimpenetrable, nomadic fortress. So that's nice

I understand this change isn't meant to directly balance them, rather more to test the mechanic, but it seems to balance Sioux in the right direction.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Are those changes any serious? @Goodspeed

Tipi distance is a bandaid on a foundamentally bad idea.
Tipi build limit is arguable. Further tipi build limit is even more questionable.
No trace of nerfing tipi % effect which is the number one problem.
No trace of disabling the eco boost from the start, which is a dumb forcing design (sioux is meant to have like the worst eco in the game but hey let's give them 20 tipis for lategame).
No trace of revrting the ability to build tipis with infantry units which was given to a card for a reason.
No trace of reverting wakina speed which is incredibly lame, especially vs maces and strelets.
Quite frankly, why people that don't even play Sioux are deciding what is good for Sioux? I find those changes quite crap both from Sioux and other civs perspective. As a sioux player I'm not happy because you're forcing me to play Sioux just like any other civ. As a player of other civs I'm not happy because I get shitted by speedy wakina and because I can't bank anymore on Sioux main weakness (eco).

Orchard obstruction radius was there for a reason. Among the few weaknesses of Japan it was a legit one.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

LET THE RAGE OUT
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Are those changes any serious? @Goodspeed

Tipi build limit is arguable. Further tipi build limit is even more questionable.
No trace of disabling the eco boost from the start, which is a dumb forcing design (sioux is meant to have like the worst eco in the game but hey let's give them 20 tipis for lategame).
No trace of revrting the ability to build tipis with infantry units which was given to a card for a reason.
No trace of reverting wakina speed which is incredibly lame, especially vs maces and strelets.
Quite frankly, why people that don't even play Sioux are deciding what is good for Sioux? I find those changes quite crap both from Sioux and other civs perspective. As a sioux player I'm not happy because you're forcing me to play Sioux just like any other civ. As a player of other civs I'm not happy because I get shitted by speedy wakina and because I can't bank anymore on Sioux main weakness (eco).

Orchard obstruction radius was there for a reason. Among the few weaknesses of Japan it was a legit one.
Please note that the minimum distance change results in a significantly lower end effect, so don't claim that the effect isn't nerfed or that you can stack 20 Teepees. Neither one is true.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Clarifying on the orchard change; this does not come from the balance team, but from myself as a bugfix. The aim is to make the obstruction consistent when rebuilding orchards, not to directly buff it, or to necessarily make it overall lower at all. The values on current beta are not final, I've thrown the fix in to test it out and will be fine-tuning those values further. I've discussed the change with others such as Garja, who suggested to actually increase the overall obstruction radius from RE to compensate for the fix, while keeping things consistent, which seems reasonable to me.

If anyone has more thoughts on this, let's hear them.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:Are those changes any serious? @Goodspeed

I must completely agree with garja on this one
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah! Make Sioux shit again!
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

How were they shit before though? BSOP would win all the time with them in tourneys and even beat H2O with them in the finals (twice i believe)
De Funk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah! Make Sioux shit again!

They were never shit.

Just now sioux is stupid and more broken than before, you can't even rush them. Everygame you only gotta prepare to take shitpile of cav and usain bolts wakinas to your base.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

stimpack wakina op
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

somppukunkku wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Yeah! Make Sioux shit again!

They were never shit.

Just now sioux is stupid and more broken than before, you can't even rush them. Everygame you only gotta prepare to take shitpile of cav and usain bolts wakinas to your base.
That's exactly what these changes address. Please think about it.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Third Beta iteration rolled out. This is likely to be the last iteration before live release.

EP 4.2.0.0 Beta3 [2018-02-11]
changelog since EP 4.2.0.0 Beta2

ESOC Standard Supremacy Patch
- EP: Adjusted Cherry Orchard and Mango Grove placement obstruction radius to make them replaceable on the same spot. Added visual indication of obstruction radius.
- ESOC Malaysia: fixed an issue where the homecity water flag would not spawn for a player. Adjusted resource balance.
- ESOC Wadmalaw: fixed an issue where livestock would not spawn for a player.
- ESOC Paralel Rivers: adjusted resource balance, removed gold mines from the map.
- ESOC Great Basin: slightly increased number of treasures on the map.
- EP: Wakina speed reverted to 4 (down from 4.5).
- EP: Fixed Tomahawk's ability to build after sending Battlefield Construction.
- EP: Fixed Veteran Abus Gun tech to increase range properly for Stagger/Defend mode.

ESOC Treaty Patch
- TRP: Adjusted Cherry Orchard and Mango Grove placement obstruction radius to make them replaceable on the same spot. Added visual indication of obstruction radius.

Anti-cheat
- Expanded logging functionality.

Installer
- Custom ESOC map images are now also installed for use outside of EP.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Re: EP 4.2.x Beta [2018-02-11]

Post by Atomiswave »

When can we expect official release?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Atomiswave wrote:When can we expect official release?

Probably in a couple hours, unless someone finds an issue with the Beta that would need fixing.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Germany optimusprime
Advanced Player
ESO: optimus__prime

Re: EP 4.2.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by optimusprime »

@zoom 24/7 aoe thug life
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 4.2.x Beta [2018-04-28]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 4.2.1.0 Introduction

This update is primarily meant to lay the groundwork for easier development of future updates and to improve the updating process for users. 4.2.1.0 is aimed to be the final update released on the "Production 2" Release Channel, which has been in use since EP2. Further updates are to be released on new channel "Stable". A short FAQ on what does this mean:

What will be the effects of changing the Release Channel?
At least EP 4.2.1.0 will be required to receive further automatic updates, which means a currently outdated version might need a two-step update to get on the latest version. For example, a user launching old EP3 will first be prompted to download & install 4.2.1.0, after which the user will be prompted once again to download whichever the current version is. If you keep your EP up to date, you will not notice any difference.

So, do I need to do something special to get this update or continue getting automatic updates?
No, the process remains automatic. EP 4.2.1.0 will simply start using the new default channel on its own.

Why is this happening?
In order to change the compression algorithm of released updates, we must force older EP installations to first update to such a version that supports decompressing given algorithm. Otherwise, an attempted automatic update from a version older than 4.2.1.0 directly to a version newer than 4.2.1.0 would fail to decompress the update files, leaving the user with no choice but to download and install the latest version manually.

Is there anything to test here?
Yes! Please see if the Beta update installs properly for you, verify that EP still works and that you can get back on the stable version safe and sound. A seamless switch of the release channel is something that has never been done before, and it will only be seamless if we test it properly before the public release.

EP 4.2.1.0 Beta1 [2018-04-28]
changelog since EP 4.2.0.0

All ESOC custom patches
- Removed https://eso.com status check from ESO login process, thus allowing players to log onto ESO while https://eso.com is down.

Launcher
- Added support for decompressing updates in LZMA/7zip format, allowing for a significantly reduced download size of future updates (-64%).
- Default Release Channel switched from "Production 2" to newly created "Stable".
- Remove HIGHDPIAWARE compatibility flag from all custom executables, as it seems to cause lag for some players.
- Release Channel should now persist upon downloading an update from a different channel than the default. This prevents the confusing message offering a "downgrade" immediately when switching to Beta channel.

Internal
- EP build process vastly simplified and made more efficient.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

7zip yayy!!!
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

"Yes! Please see if the Beta update installs properly for you, verify that EP still works and that you can get back on the stable version safe and sound. A seamless switch of the release channel is something that has never been done before, and it will only be seamless if we test it properly before the public release."

How does one do this before I go ahead and install it?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

To get on Beta you go open the EP Launcher and click on Tools -> Check for EP Beta updates. When you're on Beta, simply restart the launcher to get offered the regular stable patch 4.2.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:To get on Beta you go open the EP Launcher and click on Tools -> Check for EP Beta updates. When you're on Beta, simply restart the launcher to get offered the regular stable patch 4.2.

Thanks
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

HEIL THE MUT GOD
thanks a lot
shit juice :hmm:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

• Fixed an issue where the update package could fail to extract on some systems. If you had experienced this issue, simply try again.

Going to release 4.2.1.0 live soon, no more changes planned.