Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 01
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

06 Feb 2018, 05:11

Cover mode is fine, but I think it's generally better not to sacrifice the damage. The two most likely scenarios are that you are being kited—in which case you need the speed—or fighting melee units—in which case most of the damage will come from hand damage and the extra hp you gain against ranged damage will be mostly negligible. Plus cover mode reduces the chances that one of your disciples will last hit a unit and convert it.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

06 Feb 2018, 05:17

Inst wrote:What about cover mode disciples? China has issues with having good meat shields, until Age 3, but Disciples, as pseudo-hussars, have a high HP line that's further extended once they enter cover mode. For cost, they resemble Hussars with 550 HP once put into cover mode.

It's like cover mode coyote. Is that good? No.
PR: 9
CC: 0

in the trance the lost often find
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

06 Feb 2018, 05:30

SirCallen wrote:
Inst wrote:What about cover mode disciples? China has issues with having good meat shields, until Age 3, but Disciples, as pseudo-hussars, have a high HP line that's further extended once they enter cover mode. For cost, they resemble Hussars with 550 HP once put into cover mode.

It's like cover mode coyote. Is that good? No.

:hmm:
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

06 Feb 2018, 05:32

It's not good exempting immediate niche scenarios.

Well, unless you are me and have those hotkeys mapped to mouse buttons in which my mechanics could easily exploit the ranged unit ROF but actually the hotkeys themselves lag too much for this -- Microsoft foresight patching...
PR: 9
CC: 0

in the trance the lost often find
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Skirmisher
ESO: Thomasgreen6

06 Feb 2018, 10:13

Mankles Disciple won the last tournament so I'm going to say no
"it feels good to be ze king"

www.Twitch.tv/spanishtom
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

06 Feb 2018, 14:56

Cover mode on disciples doesn't synergize with their ability to punch dead bodies into new disciples (disciples are basically necromancers).

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Greenland jesus3
Lancer

06 Feb 2018, 15:13

Finally some real arguments @momuuu thank you
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

12 Feb 2018, 04:41

Fast training on the battlefield units are great. Can’t just do math on that
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer

12 Feb 2018, 06:12

Mitoe wrote:Disciples were nerfed in an official patch a long time ago. Don't know which one, I wasn't around. Disciples are still great, but not overpowered. You should definitely be training them in fights; but definitely don't rush with them unless your name is Aizamk and you know the way.

Actually Boneng :P

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”