Make your EP4 tiers list

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Make your EP4 tiers list

Post by Rikikipu »

Hello everyone ! Some stats about the EP are going to come really soon in Esoc. Instead of just displaying it, I've found it funny and intersting to take the bets before releasing it. Let's let the community (you guys !) make a list about the winning rate of the 14 civs for EP4 (from 27th October 2017 until now). Although there were so minor patch changes, let's assume it didn't change that much the winning rates, and let's take it as a whole for EP4. Serious thread please, you have approximately 24h before the stat release.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Make your EP4 tiers list

Post by InsectPoison »

All i know is that tedere12 is tier 1 dont @ me
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Bump !
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Russia #1. Can't believe that overpowered piece of shit hasn't been nerfed into the ground yet.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Does this include team or solely 1v1?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Tier 1: Sioux, Brit (on good maps, mediocre map tier 2)
Tier 2: France, Germany, India, Dutch
Tier 3: Haztecs, China, Spain, Porto
Tier 4: Iro, Otto, Russia, Japan
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

No one has found the top 1 civ still :unsure:
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

It's Ottomans?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Tier 1: Sioux, Brit, India, Dutch
Tier 2: France, Germany, Aztec
Tier 3: China, Spain, Port, Iro, Otto, Russia
Tier 4: Japan
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Assuming a mix of 3 TP stagecoachable and unstagecoachable maps. No 4/5 stagecoach available tp maps or no-tp maps taken into account:

Tier 1
Sioux (that's what people say)
British (very map dependant though, but with )

Tier 2

Dutch, France, Germany, Aztec

Tier 3
China, Spain, Ports, India

Tier 4
Otto, Russia, Japan

Tier I wouldn't have a clue how strong this civ is
Iro

Brits don't have a weakness if the map is good and relatively high hunt (standard) imo. Sioux is apperantly really strong, the civ was changed so much from RE that I don't really know but I can see how they are really good.

I think Dutch, France, Germany and Aztec are in a fine spot where they can deal with most civs quite effectively and probably just have fair match ups all around with some nice match ups against the weaker civs (which puts them above average probably). Dutch is OP on no TP maps I think, but on TP maps civs like France, germany, spain, ports, Otto and sioux stand a much better chance than on no TP maps. France seems very well rounded and is fine. I think germany ends up still being a little strong despite uhlans having been nerfed, although I could see it cause a drop to tier 3. Aztec is a civ that I've always considered pretty well rounded with some surprisingly good match ups in the mix and few really bad ones, but the mappool Im taking in mind is relatively low hunt I suppose, and I could see them be weak-ish to some civs (ports, otto, france, germany, dutch) although I honestly don't think they're truly bad in all those match ups and I'm not sure if they don't just straight up beat dutch. I feel like Aztec basically gets 50/50 match ups (or just a bit worse) with some nice match ups (china, india, Japan, spain are ones I like).

Tier 3 is the civs that can do fine, can play most match ups but are just a bit on the weak side or have some iffy match ups. China is nice, but I feel like they can struggle with rushes (aztec, russia, even otto) while in the end I don't think they do really well against the semi FF civs so they're kinda left with some weaknesses. Spain is nice but I feel like in some match ups they pull the short end of the stick and I also think british is unbeatable. Ports seem fine, just a bit weak against the semi FF/boom civs Dutch, British, Germany, France, China, Japan, probably sioux and they lose to spain. But there's some compensation in that they are nice against the civs that rely on aggression (aztec, otto, russia, probably still india).
India might be the controversial one, but I am calling placebo on this one. They used to be fine, and then people cried because they were so weak, and then you interchange some things and now people have decided they're really strong while they're still basically just fine. On no TP maps, it's a lovely civ, but on TP maps they're just average. Versus brits they're surprisingly good though, but there are many civs that do really well against india (and don't tell me 50w houses suddenly flips some match ups because that's just nonsensical): Dutch, France, Aztec, Japan, Otto and I'd say ports are fine too. If I would take a guess, I'd say that iro is also pretty great against india. In return, they do get a great match up against russia (although still not a free win) but I fail to pinpoint match ups that are actually greatly in favor of india on tp maps. So then they'd be tier 3.

Otto is just sad to be honest. I think they might be relatively okay against Brits and sioux, maybe they can hang in there against aztec and russia, they used to be pretty nice against spain and india too, but the nerfs have made me feel a bit sad about them and there's a bunch of hard match ups to match it. It's not terrible, they're playable for sure. Russia also has many rough match ups: India, France, Germany, probably Aztec, Ports, and otto probably isn't great either. They're some nice ones though: Japan, China, they're not as bad vs brits as some and pretty okay against dutch. But russia is also a little bit sad.

Japan might be the saddest civ here. I don't even know what civs they could beat. Brits, France, Germany, and even Dutch (they used to counter dutch) can probably reliable outscale japan, although I could see them vs dutch being okay. Russia, Aztec and Otto, seriously do work with a rush. Spain's FF isn't even easy to hold and I'm pretty sure if spain gets a 3 TP line that can be stagecoached they win the match up easily. Sioux probably beats them too, and china is a fair match up. India and ports are basically the hopes for japan I think, both too slow to hurt japan in age 2 and also a bit slow to age 3 to prevent japan from being the powerhouse that they are. But even those match ups aren't badly in favor of japan while japan has some seriously dead match ups. It's just FeelsBadMan
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Rikikipu wrote:No one has found the top 1 civ still :unsure:

Does this mean goodspeed is intending to buff some civ you find OP and thus you're trying to get the public to admit that they're OP so that you can then tell mart he's wrong?
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

While that's a great post and all I think people are slightly missing the initial intentions of the thread.

I suspect Ottomans is the highest, not because I think it is the strongest but for other reasons.

We already have a EP balance poll for balance tier lists.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

WickedCossack wrote:While that's a great post and all I think people are slightly missing the initial intentions of the thread.

I suspect Ottomans is the highest, not because I think it is the strongest but for other reasons.

We already have a EP balance poll for balance tier lists.

Could you elaborate why that is what you are thinking, if you would be so kind.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Hmm hard to predict.
I think Ger/China have highest winning rates. Then perhaps Iro/Aztecs. Iro probably has quite high winning rate because whenever someone decides to use it he knows what he is doing.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Oh its actual winrate. Wheres the data from?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

I can reveal that :
There is 1 civ > 55% win rates
There are 4 civs < 45% win rates
I laugh a lot when I see some tiers list ^^ (I wouldn't have done better though :flowers: )
Response tonight !

WickedCossack wrote:Does this include team or solely 1v1?

Yes, both 1v1 and unrated 1v1 except 1v1 unrated with obs (can't gather who wins in this type of game)
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

momuuu wrote:Oh its actual winrate. Wheres the data from?

From the deep web.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I wonder what's the median PR of these games.

In low level plays "noob rushes" tend to win because they are easy to execute and rush civs have too high win ratios.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

momuuu wrote:Oh its actual winrate. Wheres the data from?

From jp/esoc ladders. Each civ got between 600 and 2000 games (mirror games are obviously already removed)
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

last chance, you still have some minuts !! ;)
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I can't believe it's Butifle!
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Are you sure Aiz has that win rate?
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Cool stats
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Garja wrote:Are you sure Aiz has that win rate?

It's recorded 207 games for 70 wins :cry: