EP 5.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: EP 5.0.x Beta [2018-05-08]

Post by Garja »

Hazza54321 wrote:if you spent half the playing rather than discussing maybe youd fine out ;)

By the way, I'm testing stuff constantly, even right now.
What was the last time other EP members tested anything?
How can you even have an assestment of a civ if you don't play outside of optimal conditions. Ye, it's easy to infer that Iro are better on a TP map but to which extent should be extensively tested.
One of the problems with the current patch, which is in part a matter of method, is that by going for simplifications and then changing iteration rather frequently it's impossible for the playerbase to even try an unusual situation.

None but me tested extensively : China colonial, Iro on no TP, Russia TP play. They all just assumed those things are bad by default. Whether this is a misconception or just a practical simplification to go on, it is a bad approach.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
umeu wrote:Thats why you open beta. A beta patch that can switch to easily like you can switch between ep and treaty patch would be a good start.

We had betas in the past. Since nobody played it there's no beta anymore.
However, if you suggest some changes, ask the devs to open a beta, and test it, I'm sure they'd do it :)

maybe i am missing something, but I thought we are discussing in the current beta thread right now. so surely there must be a beta right?

Well to be honest I don't know :D
I haven't heard of a beta channel actually, maybe there's no beta.
If I were a dev though, considering nobody is goona play on the beta, I wouldn't waste time creating one.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

seriously ill donate 20$ for the winner if we can see diarouga vs garja in the next Master of 14, BO27
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Of course a Beta channel exists, the infrastructure is already implemented and you folks are right in the thread where its latest releases are announced...
Also, yes, there is a button for launching Beta channel much like launching ESOC Treaty Patch. It has the same color and everything.

For whoever missed the first line in the OP, I'll paste it here:

See the EP Beta FAQ for general information about EP Beta and details on how to participate.

If there's still something unclear after reading that, let me know and I'll try to clarify. I have both the current Beta thread and FAQ threads pinned and reference each other, not sure what more can I do.

umeu wrote:it could still be made easier, but i'm not sure how difficult that is.
Please be more concrete. What improvements would you like to see? From my perspective, the Beta support seems quite solid right now.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Of course a Beta channel exists, the infrastructure is already implemented and you folks are right in the thread where its latest releases are announced...
Also, yes, there is a button for launching Beta channel much like launching ESOC Treaty Patch. It has the same color and everything.

For whoever missed the first line in the OP, I'll paste it here:

See the EP Beta FAQ for general information about EP Beta and details on how to participate.

If there's still something unclear after reading that, let me know and I'll try to clarify. I have both the current Beta thread and FAQ threads pinned and reference each other, not sure what more can I do.

umeu wrote:it could still be made easier, but i'm not sure how difficult that is.
Please be more concrete. What improvements would you like to see? From my perspective, the Beta support seems quite solid right now.

what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

umeu wrote:what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure

Hmm, so you mean having both Stable and Beta versions installed at the same time? Indeed that sounds hard to accomplish I'm afraid.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

sudmakmak wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, he dodged the showmatch because he knows he has no chance.

LOL , Fear?

what is your reaction to Japan buffs???
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
umeu wrote:what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure

Hmm, so you mean having both Stable and Beta versions installed at the same time? Indeed that sounds hard to accomplish I'm afraid.
How is that, given that you can switch between EP and TP?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:
sudmakmak wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, he dodged the showmatch because he knows he has no chance.

LOL , Fear?

what is your reaction to Japan buffs???
"Fuck your ass them"?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

The only way to achieve pure balance is to remove half the civs!
- Thanos, somewhere
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

rsy wrote:The only way to achieve pure balance is to remove half the civs!
- Thanos, somewhere

The only way to achieve pure balanced is to play on Vanes Patch
-Vane Stoilov (while eating fish burrito)
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

We need a beta channel to validate that the patch we push works before pushing the final out. Being able to test balance on it is a plus, not the reason it exists.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Re: EP 5.0.x Beta [2018-05-07]

Post by blackwidow »

zoom wrote:de_stroyed

de_nice2

Also: hooray for way of the bow, a good step towards making japan great again
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

de_dust2
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Darwin_ wrote:It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.

That's a huge nerf tbh
Sowar cost change is a buff actually because they are super horseshit and now less tempting to make. Just make sepoys instead.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

Darwin_ wrote:It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.

great lets make russia another semi ff civ!
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I don't see how that change would make them a semi ff civ whatsoever. 5 cossack to 4 is not ideal though.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lol get out of here with ur logic
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

deadrising78 wrote:

great lets make russia another semi ff civ!

assuming they arent already :hmm:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

My favorite idea (to be test) so far was to enable the 200g+1bh age up. But contrary to what the guy who talked about this said, I don't think this would just be a way for russia to ff, it would give them plenty of other new builds in age 2 aswell.
I like this because I don't think russia are especially weak but rather that they do always almost the same build : like 5cos/700w/700g is the build to go too often.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.

does anyone even play eeeeepeeeee?
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

umeu wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.

does anyone even play eeeeepeeeee?

iamshurk told me he would love to play with you.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Honestly Russia would still age with 400w and never use this 200c+1bh age up :D.
On TP maps you just want a TP from the 400w so it's a no brainer, and in general you need a lot of wood as Russia for market/houses/strels, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense.