ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

Post by Garja »

Yes which is both good and bad. Right now schooer civs have pretty much no water advantage and that's not good.
Image Image Image
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Not sure if it's been discussed yet but has anyone tested giving Sioux steel traps and reverting back the eco buff of teepees?

Seems like that would be a good middle ground?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Warno wrote:Not sure if it's been discussed yet but has anyone tested giving Sioux steel traps and reverting back the eco buff of teepees?

Seems like that would be a good middle ground?

To be honest this would be a decent change. Not sure what the ep team view on currect sioux is.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Didn't fp already experiment with giving TWC civs ST?
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Or make the first indigenous-american farm tech researchable at the market for all TWC civs?
De Funk
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Steel traps is an easy way out that standardize TWC civs even more.
Image Image Image
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

richard wrote:I think Bank of Amsterdam/Rotterdam should be age ii shipments now,

just stop plz u even play dutch, how to put more available age 2 cards on deck, make 43 cards deck ?
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

ESOC patch is fan patch LOL
My Youtube channel

Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Hi all

Suggesting that port vills have a slight reduction in train time. I think that despite their TC bonus, they can be outboomed fairly easily in age 2/3 by many civs that are also superior militarily. The 85f reduction has helped, but I think a little bit more is needed.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon

Post by Kazamkikaz »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:Hi all

Suggesting that port vills have a slight reduction in train time. I think that despite their TC bonus, they can be outboomed fairly easily in age 2/3 by many civs that are also superior militarily. The 85f reduction has helped, but I think a little bit more is needed.

really, why you think 85f is not much, what civ can make villagers faster than PT ? PT tc wagon is good advantage to get good eco, :devil: outboomed u dont play PT i am sure about this, reduce vill prodution to 15 sec ?
Pt should keep with vill cost 100f not 85
My Youtube channel

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Ports are considered actually decent in this version of the EP. I also think that having 2 town centers is quite draining on the portuguese economy in early colonial so this change would make the portuguese eco even worse early on :/
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I agree. They might as well get the full Russian bonus.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Port don't get outboomed, not if they can survive early fortress with 3 TCs.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gamevideo113 wrote:Ports are considered actually decent in this version of the EP. I also think that having 2 town centers is quite draining on the portuguese economy in early colonial so this change would make the portuguese eco even worse early on :/

A 85 villager with steel traps pays off in 1 min 17 sec. Which is really nothing. So I don't think the portuguese eco would be so much slowed down if vils train faster. Or maybe it would be slightly slower for 1-2 min, but after that, it would pay off really, really fast. It's also wrong because if you want, you can just idle your tc from time to time (even if it would be a terrible idea), to make up for villagers training faster.

But yeah, ports definitely don't need a buff, and reducing the villager training time is a bad idea and it won't happen.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:Ports are considered actually decent in this version of the EP. I also think that having 2 town centers is quite draining on the portuguese economy in early colonial so this change would make the portuguese eco even worse early on :/

A 85 villager with steel traps pays off in 1 min 17 sec. Which is really nothing. So I don't think the portuguese eco would be so much slowed down if vils train faster. Or maybe it would be slightly slower for 1-2 min, but after that, it would pay off really, really fast. It's also wrong because if you want, you can just idle your tc from time to time (even if it would be a terrible idea), to make up for villagers training faster.

But yeah, ports definitely don't need a buff, and reducing the villager training time is a bad idea and it won't happen.

Vills training faster doesn't pay off very quickly usually. If ports trained vills every 20 seconds you would need to have 8 vills on food with steeltraps only to keep making villagers without tc idle time, and you age with 13... Obviously it doesn't take a lot for your eco to start "breathing", but still, as you say i think ports are already fine with the 85f vills
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Port eco builds up very quickly. Frankly vills should cost 100f and the buff should be somewhere else like unit stats or unit shipments. Cba stressing that once again.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Was moving the infantry combat cards to earlier ages considered?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yea I argued a lot of times for fortress infantry combat. Also could slightly buff cassadores, like +1 attack or +5 hp for example. Cassadores are weaker against units dealing melee or siege damage (mostly hand cav and cannons), due to their low hp and useless rr in that case. They do have a 0.5 speed advantage over regular skirms, but it's not enough to make up for it. So it would just be fair if they would do a better job in ranged fights. Atm, skirm vs cassa 1v1 is a draw; I think the cassadore should need 1 less shot to kill the skirm.

Maybe buff the 2 organ guns shipment in some way, if the other changes aren't enough.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

3 organs +200c cost? idk vills maybe 100f again or 90
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

3 organs would become a really good card. 2 organs lose to 2 falcs hard, sure, but 3 organs would become op vs no-2falc-civs. Not to mention port losing the artillery shipment war is OK because their eco should compensate.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

There are plenty of options:
- cassas cost reduction an rework to be less food heavy
- 3 organ shipment
- organs cost 100w 300g and 3 pop
- 9 cassador card
- besteiros 2000w again (or even less)
Image Image Image
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Ports are in a pretty good place right now, I don't really see any reason to change them.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

ports have semi defensive bonus in form of free town center though which is almost instant map control over one mine and one hunt which most other civs don't isn't it kinda fair they lack somewhat good artillery shipment in age 3
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

WickedCossack wrote:Ports are in a pretty good place right now, I don't really see any reason to change them.

This is kinda the reason why I cba arguing this again. But they are not really in good place. It's just that people focus is on other civs so they don't care if Ports are OP/UP at the moment.
In reality they're OP in team, they feel overwhelming in lot of euro MUs on the typical EP map and also their design with cheap vills is lame.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Imo the ability to upgrade musks in age2 and cassa in age3 would balance the civ alone from RE, even without the food discount on vills. (Note that cassa scale from veteran stats unlike skirms). After all on RE they suffered because of the low hunts which are now way better on EP and because their army was nothing special until age4 goons.
Organs are better than falcs at killing infantry, so imo the 2 organs shipment isn't that bad.
Maybe yeah 5 more hp (or some sort of slight buff e.g. cost to 70f 40g or +1 atk) to cassa can be reasonable.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?