Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

Post by edeholland »

We won't be changing the ESOC Patch for some time now (at least after the winter tourney) so for now we will just use this one thread for everything regarding the ESOC Patch. Don't go off-topic please. :)

If you really don't know what I am talking about, read this: http://eso-community.net/thread/3381/fa ... tator-esoc
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

I think Bank of Amsterdam/Rotterdam should be age ii shipments now,
No Flag krijner
Crossbow

Post by krijner »

If after playing it really is balanced, i think a random civ option would be nice, like in aoe2
It seems hard to make though because of people having/not having decks :-(
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

richard wrote:I think Bank of Amsterdam/Rotterdam should be age ii shipments now,
Dutch wont have enough space for cards then they will only be able to do naked FF every game
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Offshore support should be nerfed. It's a big flaw to not change this card. I understand that you don't want to change water right now, but I think we can all agree that Offshore support is a broken card.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

edeholland wrote:We won''t be changing the ESOC Patch for some time now (at least after the winter tourney) so for now we will just use this one thread for everything regarding the ESOC Patch. Don''t go off-topic please. :)

If you really don''t know what I am talking about, read this: http://eso-community.net/thread/3381/fa ... tator-esoc
My personal opinion I think you should buffed Russia a little...

Something is just off with Russia...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I would really really like to see plantations cost 600w. Running out of mines is too big of a deal right now. And if you do, rice paddies are super broken.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:I would really really like to see plantations cost 600w. Running out of mines is too big of a deal right now. And if you do, rice paddies are super broken.
if plantantions got cheaper, mills will need to be cheaper because plantantions are supposed to be 2x more expensive.
if you leave mills at 400 wood and plantantions at 600, we are not talking anymore for a fanpatch ,but a mod because you are changing the gameplay.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
jerom wrote:I would really really like to see plantations cost 600w. Running out of mines is too big of a deal right now. And if you do, rice paddies are super broken.
if plantantions got cheaper, mills will need to be cheaper because plantantions are supposed to be 2x more expensive.
if you leave mills at 400 wood and plantantions at 600, we are not talking anymore for a fanpatch ,but a mod because you are changing the gameplay.
You could argue then that iro is supposed to be stronger because thats the way its designed. Yes I am talking about changing the gameplay because I think plantations being so expensive has a negative influence on the gameplay.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I agree plantations should be cheaper, 800 wood is insane

I think otto's silk road should be nerfed as I said in the other thread. 25% might be decent, but having it in discovery is way too op.
Also 80f for vils might be too cheap but I guess the FP team balanced that so we will see
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

I think what is even more insane is the amount of upgrades and their costs for plantations, mills, paddies.
it's just not proportional compare to any eco you can have at around 20mn.
Even in treaty, sometimes you don't have the resources to upgrade them and must wait, lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
if you leave mills at 400 wood and plantantions at 600, we are not talking anymore for a fanpatch ,but ?a mod because you are changing the gameplay.

I dont see why plantations couldnt cost 400w just like they do for asian civs...... Where are you getting that plantations are supposed to be 2x as expensive?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

the developers probably pictured every plantation as Oak Alley and costing a lot to build, which is surely a mistake. 600w seems much more reasonable than 800. I don't see how plantation are supposed to be 2x more expensive than mills. you go nowhere with this reasoning
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag billybadass1991
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by billybadass1991 »

European Explorer should have the ability to one shot the shogun in age 4. doesn't make sense that you can use it on any other unit but the shogun is exempt from the one shot.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

billybadass1991 wrote:European Explorer should have the ability to one shot the shogun in age 4. doesn''t make sense that you can use it on any other unit but the shogun is exempt from the one shot.

you can''t shoot villagers or explorers either, I think it''s reasonable to not be able to shoot shoguns with it.
No Flag billybadass1991
Crossbow
Donator 01

Post by billybadass1991 »

That makes sense that you cant one shot an explorer or a villager. shouldn't euro civs have a chance to counter the massive power spike of a shogun? I haven't tested every unit, but I imagine you can one shot mams bombards etc...Maybe im wrong, but I think its an issue. When I play Dutch vs japs this causes me to lose a lot. I mean shouldn't Dutch be able to hang with japs in age 4? that's when both nations peak ...right? I hate playing this matchup and always thinking I have to win in age 2. I'm not an expert by any means so any feedback is welcome.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

You can't shoot heroes, villagers, artillery and special units. You can shoot mercenaries. And this will stay this way.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

The Sioux changes need some work. They are meant to be a cav civ which reflects the history of the Sioux. The roles of Infantry and Cav are reversed with infantry being the support units. So the cav hit and run then retreat to a position where there are teepees and infantry. As the aura on teepees need to be small the speed bonus to cetans doesn't really make much of a difference because you aren't going to kite if you've built teepees. The reason why we don't see foward warhuts with teepees, cetans and raiding bowriders in colonial is because the Sioux economy is too weak to get all of that out. All you've done is reintroduced the possibility of cetan laming back into the meta. Also, rifle riders are not the age 3 projection of bow riders. They do different stuff and you should still want to make bow riders in age3.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Bow riders are still a premium units just not ZOMFG broken as they were :)
Cetan buff is an automatic compensation.
Further changes are possible for the future.
Image Image Image
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Plantations cost 600 w

Rice paddles cot 500w

Halberdiers +10 fire resistance .

Grenadiers reduce cost by 10 %

Nerf India and china , still thiking the best way

AA card brings 20 % reduce cost for their tecnologies.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I think all mill / plantation types should be 400w. It is ridiculous not to. I don't think the game design is meant to be plantations are 2x cost of mills. I am sure the original game design intended for more age 2 play with wood based units meaning that mines would last longer. Obviously things change.

Would also like to see more new maps to keep the pool fresh for every tournament season. New maps to shift balance and meta will be a huge part of keeping the game fresh and retaining players and viewers.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

mmcnoel wrote:I think all mill / plantation types should be 400w. It is ridiculous not to. I don''t think the game design is meant to be plantations are 2x cost of mills. I am sure the original game design intended for more age 2 play with wood based units meaning that mines would last longer. Obviously things change.

Would also like to see more new maps to keep the pool fresh for every tournament season. New maps to shift balance and meta will be a huge part of keeping the game fresh and retaining players and viewers.

agree with both parts of your post. Rotating map pool would be nice. How easy is map making? If its doable for someone with not too much coding experience Id maybe want to give it a try aswell.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Logically rice paddies should cost way more than mills and plantations (>1200w) because you can alternate food and coin production. I mil(l)itate in favour of a new change that would decrease the plantation's cost. 400w for plantations seems a reasonable option (I agree with n0eL on that) and 800w for the rice paddy because of the reason I stated above. It's not like TAD civs couldn't afford that.

Also I'd like the fp team to fix schooners. 40w is insanely ridiculous !
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lusas wrote:Plantations cost 600 w

Rice paddles cot 500w

Halberdiers +10 fire resistance .

Grenadiers reduce cost by 10 %

Nerf India and china , still thiking the best way

AA card brings 20 % reduce cost for their tecnologies.

I love the idea of AA giving reduced cost
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I think that nerfing India and China will be bad. I just like to see them original. They aren't very OP, they are just hard to play and hard to play against.

Ofcourse China is too OP in age 4, so nerf old han reform card.

Maybe if you want to do something for India, just give sepoy 180 HP and nerf urumi HP, buff sowar HP, nerf camel attack card. Maybe make infinite 9 urumi to infinite 8 urumi. Team 5 urumi to team 4 urumi.

I really want to see Russia getting buffed.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...