ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:Logically rice paddies should cost way more than mills and plantations (>'1200w) because you can alternate food and coin production. I mil(l)itate in favour of a new change that would decrease the plantation''s cost. 400w for plantations seems a reasonable option (I agree with n0eL on that) and 800w for the rice paddy because of the reason I stated above. It''s not like TAD civs couldn''t afford that.

Also I''d like the fp team to fix schooners. 40w is insanely ridiculous !
Your logic is... lacking.

One Rice Paddy accomodates 10 gatherers' not 20.
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

ovi12 wrote:
lusas wrote:Plantations cost 600 w

Rice paddles cot 500w

Halberdiers +10 fire resistance .

Grenadiers reduce cost by 10 %

Nerf India and china , still thiking the best way

AA card brings 20 % reduce cost for their tecnologies.

I love the idea of AA giving reduced cost
great idea!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'd like to throw out there that rice paddies don't gather as quickly as mills or plantations.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

zoom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Logically rice paddies should cost way more than mills and plantations (>'1200w) because you can alternate food and coin production. I mil(l)itate in favour of a new change that would decrease the plantations cost. 400w for plantations seems a reasonable option (I agree with n0eL on that) and 800w for the rice paddy because of the reason I stated above. Its not like TAD civs couldnt afford that.

Also Id like the fp team to fix schooners. 40w is insanely ridiculous !
Your logic is... lacking.

Yeah but NO. My logic is quite solid, let me explain : If you are playing a Nilla or a TWC civ and if you want to switch from one resource to another, you have to spend 1200w + walk distance. But yeah I forgot we had to favour TAD civs no matter what. :mean:
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I just noticed that in the patch notes, the FP quicksearch map pool has 20 maps total, having 11 ESOC Maps and 9 RE Maps.

Whilst the RE quicksearch map pool had 24 maps total.

Unfortunately ESOC FP QS map pool don't have Araucania, Silk Road, Yucatan, Himalayas and Great Lakes '(

Is it possible for next time to add 4 out of these 5 great maps to the QS map pool?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Jaeger

incog wrote:I''d like to throw out there that rice paddies don''t gather as quickly as mills or plantations.
It doesn''t matter. You just need them asap. By the time you get your plantation, your enemy will build 2 rice paddies and put 20 f*cking vills on them !
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yes, it is possible that some more RE maps will be fixed. Don't think it's going to happen anytime soon tho. I'd say if anything, Yucatan and Himalaya are the next candidates.
It is also possible however than new custom maps will be created and included.

About the rice paddies and plantation cost, it may very well be that the proportion is a bit off, but all the comments that do simple math (800w vs 400w) are simplistic.
Not only rice paddies gather slower but TAD civs also need more gold than other civs in colonial.
Image Image Image
Jaeger

subzero wrote:I think that nerfing India and China will be bad. I just like to see them original. They aren''t very OP, they are just hard to play and hard to play against.

Ofcourse China is too OP in age 4, so nerf old han reform card.

Maybe if you want to do something for India, just give sepoy 180 HP and nerf urumi HP, buff sowar HP, nerf camel attack card. Maybe make infinite 9 urumi to infinite 8 urumi. Team 5 urumi to team 4 urumi.

I really want to see Russia getting buffed.
Dude these civs are scarier than otto.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

garja wrote:Yes, it is possible that some more RE maps will be fixed. Don''t think it''s going to happen anytime soon tho. I''d say if anything, Yucatan and Himalaya are the next candidates.
It is also possible however than new custom maps will be created and included.
I really want to see Araunacia and Ozarks too.

Andes is actually too OP, it is even more foody than GP lol.

Are you giving us for more new ESOC maps from you coming up? xDDD
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

shaolinstar wrote:
incog wrote:Id like to throw out there that rice paddies dont gather as quickly as mills or plantations.
It doesnt matter. You just need them asap. By the time you get your plantation, your enemy will build 2 rice paddies and put 20 f*cking vills on them !

I think that realistically, most games end depending on who has the control of natural resources. Regardless if youre Asian or European, the player with the most natural resources as his command should hold out and win the game (at very least make the transition easier).

Theres some give and take both ways, but ultimately its fine. Its design either way. Dont forget that euros have factories.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

shaolinstar wrote:
subzero wrote:I think that nerfing India and China will be bad. I just like to see them original. They arent very OP, they are just hard to play and hard to play against.

Ofcourse China is too OP in age 4, so nerf old han reform card.

Maybe if you want to do something for India, just give sepoy 180 HP and nerf urumi HP, buff sowar HP, nerf camel attack card. Maybe make infinite 9 urumi to infinite 8 urumi. Team 5 urumi to team 4 urumi.

I really want to see Russia getting buffed.
Dude these civs are scarier than otto.
Not at all, lol

Tell me how do you beat Otto with India, China and Russia?
Jaeger

incog wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:It doesnt matter. You just need them asap. By the time you get your plantation, your enemy will build 2 rice paddies and put 20 f*cking vills on them !
I think that realistically, most games end depending on who has the control of natural resources. Regardless if youre Asian or European, the player with the most natural resources as his command should hold out and win the game (at very least make the transition easier).

Theres some give and take both ways, but ultimately its fine. Its design either way. Dont forget that euros have factories.
Indeed but what if you run out of mine in age 3 (most likely to happen) ?

@_DB_ First China and India are not tp dependant. Their eco is way better which means they can continually produce units. If you lose your units as otto, its done unless you ff. In that case, mams are your second chance (if you lost your falcs earlier).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:
zoom wrote:Your logic is... lacking.

Yeah but NO. My logic is quite solid, let me explain : If you are playing a Nilla or a TWC civ and if you want to switch from one resource to another, you have to spend 1200w + walk distance. But yeah I forgot we had to favour TAD civs no matter what. :mean:
My point is that your logic is only partly solid, and partly biased. Im not favoring TAD civilizations by any means' you are favoring non-TAD civilizations in your argument.

I absolutely agree Rice Paddies are superior to Mills/Farms and Plantations, and personally advocate decreasing Plantation cost from 800w to 600w (bounties adjusted accordingly).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

incog wrote:Id like to throw out there that rice paddies dont gather as quickly as mills or plantations.
Actually I believe they do once you factor in walking time.

incog wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:It doesnt matter. You just need them asap. By the time you get your plantation, your enemy will build 2 rice paddies and put 20 f*cking vills on them !

In the Industrial Age.

In my opinion there really isnt a whole lot of "give and take" as far as Rice Paddies and Plantations go, although as Garja has already mentioned TAD-civilizations are relatively more coin-dependant, particularly in the Colonial Age.
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

subzero wrote:I just noticed that in the patch notes, the FP quicksearch map pool has 20 maps total, having 11 ESOC Maps and 9 RE Maps.

Unfortunately ESOC FP QS map pool don''t have Araucania, Silk Road, Yucatan, Himalayas and Great Lakes '(

Is it possible for next time to add 4 out of these 5 great maps to the QS map pool?

dear god no
Jaeger

zoom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Yeah but NO. My logic is quite solid, let me explain : If you are playing a Nilla or a TWC civ and if you want to switch from one resource to another, you have to spend 1200w + walk distance. But yeah I forgot we had to favour TAD civs no matter what. :mean:
My point is that your logic is only partly solid, and partly biased. Im not favoring TAD civilizations by any means' you are favoring non-TAD civilizations in your argument.

I absolutely agree Rice Paddies are superior to Mills/Farms and Plantations, and personally advocate decreasing Plantation cost from 800w to 600w (bounties adjusted accordingly).
Yeah ok thats cute but do you agree that rice paddies should cost more than plantations if they are indeed "superior" ?
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

shaolinstar wrote:@_DB_ First China and India are not tp dependant. Their eco is way better which means they can continually produce units. If you lose your units as otto, it''s done unless you ff. In that case, mams are your second chance (if you lost your falcs earlier).
You can''t constantly produce units as India in early age 2 and as china in early age 3, lol.

Everyone knows that Jan abus >'>' Otto FF. People overrate otto FF just because it has 2 pure chances to win.

You don''t see that you''ve no chance to lose as Jan abus. Vs china on a bad map you just jan rush and gg.

India lose very badly to jan abus np
Jaeger

subzero wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:@_DB_ First China and India are not tp dependant. Their eco is way better which means they can continually produce units. If you lose your units as otto, its done unless you ff. In that case, mams are your second chance (if you lost your falcs earlier).
You cant constantly produce units as India in early age 2 and as china in early age 3, lol.

Everyone knows that Jan abus >'>' Otto FF. People overrate otto FF just because it has 2 pure chances to win.

You dont see that youve no chance to lose as Jan abus. Vs china on a bad map you just jan rush and gg.

"Everyone knows that Jan abus >'>' Otto FF." Where did you read that ?
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

shaolinstar wrote:
subzero wrote:You cant constantly produce units as India in early age 2 and as china in early age 3, lol.

You dont see that youve no chance to lose as Jan abus. Vs china on a bad map you just jan rush and gg.

"Everyone knows that Jan abus >'>' Otto FF." Where did you read that ?
There are ways to deal with Ottoman FF, but there arent many against jan abus.

Otto FF has two timings that can win games. If both fail, youre very likely to lose the game. With Otto jan abus and late cav addition, there is no way to lose unless you dont micro.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

subzero wrote:I just noticed that in the patch notes, the FP quicksearch map pool has 20 maps total, having 11 ESOC Maps and 9 RE Maps.

Unfortunately ESOC FP QS map pool don''t have Araucania, Silk Road, Yucatan, Himalayas and Great Lakes '(

You realise that games on great lakes are decided by warship control right?
Howdah

shaolinstar wrote:
zoom wrote:Your logic is... lacking.

Or you could just build the correct amount of mills/plantations, therefore not needing to swap vills across.
Jaeger

britishmusketeer wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Yeah but NO. My logic is quite solid, let me explain : If you are playing a Nilla or a TWC civ and if you want to switch from one resource to another, you have to spend 1200w + walk distance. But yeah I forgot we had to favour TAD civs no matter what. :mean:
Or you could just build the correct amount of mills/plantations, therefore not needing to swap vills across.
You never know. Even at very high level. Being able to switch is a huge bonus.
Howdah

shaolinstar wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Or you could just build the correct amount of mills/plantations, therefore not needing to swap vills across.
You never know. Even at very high level. Being able to switch is a huge bonus.

You can usually work it out pretty accurately.
Jaeger

britishmusketeer wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:You never know. Even at very high level. Being able to switch is a huge bonus.
You can usually work it out pretty accurately.
Still, you cant neglect its a bonus.
Howdah

shaolinstar wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:You can usually work it out pretty accurately.
Still, you cant neglect its a bonus.

True, but not large enough that they should have to pay 1200w each for them lol