ESOC Patch suggestions, comments and discussion

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:
zoom wrote:My point is that your logic is only partly solid, and partly biased. Im not favoring TAD civilizations by any means' you are favoring non-TAD civilizations in your argument.

I absolutely agree Rice Paddies are superior to Mills/Farms and Plantations, and personally advocate decreasing Plantation cost from 800w to 600w (bounties adjusted accordingly).
Yeah ok thats cute but do you agree that rice paddies should cost more than plantations if they are indeed "superior" ?
No. That would follow if all civilizations were identical, but they are not. Asian civilizations have certain bonuses, Euro trash and Naive Americans others.

Switching Rice Paddies comes into play so rarely at high skill levels that its virtually meaningless. The low cost for infinite coin production and the Colonial Age availability are the relevant factors.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

britishmusketeer wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Still, you cant neglect its a bonus.
True, but not large enough that they should have to pay 1200w each for them lol
In absolute terms they should but its not reasonable, I agree on that. Neither is the current plantations cost, if you ask me. :rolleyes:
Jaeger

zoom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Yeah ok thats cute but do you agree that rice paddies should cost more than plantations if they are indeed "superior" ?
No. That would follow if all civilizations were identical, but they are not. Asian civilizations have certain bonuses, Euro trash and Naive Americans others.

Switching Rice Paddies comes into play so rarely at high skill levels that its virtually meaningless. The low cost for infinite coin production and the Colonial Age availability are the relevant factors.
Thats why age3 mams, elemeti and lil bombards are unavailable for TAD civs ?

Much incoherence ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

subzero wrote:I just noticed that in the patch notes, the FP quicksearch map pool has 20 maps total, having 11 ESOC Maps and 9 RE Maps.

Whilst the RE quicksearch map pool had 24 maps total.

Unfortunately ESOC FP QS map pool don''t have Araucania, Silk Road, Yucatan, Himalayas and Great Lakes '(

Is it possible for next time to add 4 out of these 5 great maps to the QS map pool?
It''s actually rather fortunate as those maps were determined simply too horrible in terms of spawn-locations and resource balance. I would love to see them edited for acceptability and included in the future though!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:
zoom wrote:No. That would follow if all civilizations were identical, but they are not. Asian civilizations have certain bonuses, Euro trash and Naive Americans others.

Thats why age3 mams, elemeti and lil bombards are unavailable for TAD civs ?

Much incoherence ?
Clearly you are missing the point: They are (made) unavailable in the Fortress Age on the patch because they single-handedly present a major balance issue. Rice Paddies (at least with 600w Plantations) dont. On top of that the units availability is arguably likely to be a bug in the first place.
Jaeger

zoom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Thats why age3 mams, elemeti and lil bombards are unavailable for TAD civs ?

Much incoherence ?
Clearly you are missing the point: They are (made) unavailable in the Fortress Age on the patch because they single-handedly present a major balance issue. Rice Paddies (at least with 600w Plantations) dont. On top of that the units availability is arguably likely to be a bug in the first place.
Its just your opinion. Whos right, whos wrong ? ESO community decides !
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The repentant mams, elmeti and lil bomb was a bug. It was never intended to have those mercs available in age3.
Image Image Image
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

medinos wrote:
edeholland wrote:We wont be changing the ESOC Patch for some time now (at least after the winter tourney) so for now we will just use this one thread for everything regarding the ESOC Patch. Dont go off-topic please. :)

If you really dont know what I am talking about, read this: http://eso-community.net/thread/3381/fa ... tator-esoc
My personal opinion I think you should buffed Russia a little...

Something is just off with Russia...
totaly right
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:
zoom wrote:Clearly you are missing the point: They are (made) unavailable in the Fortress Age on the patch because they single-handedly present a major balance issue. Rice Paddies (at least with 600w Plantations) dont. On top of that the units availability is arguably likely to be a bug in the first place.
Its just your opinion. Whos right, whos wrong ? ESO community decides !
Thats perfectly true: Its just the opinion of the better players (one of whom I am not).
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

incog wrote:I''d like to throw out there that rice paddies don''t gather as quickly as mills or plantations.

Thats because vills dont move on them like they do on mills and plantations. On average vills gather as much on rice paddies as they do on mills/plantations
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

incog wrote:I''d like to throw out there that rice paddies don''t gather as quickly as mills or plantations.
Actually no! on rice paddies vills don''t move on mills they do the actual gather rates are 0.5 for paddy and .55 for mill you can test it
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Fine, fine, consider myself rekt.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Actually, plantations aren't even available in age 2 are they? That's pretty sad haha.
Jaeger

jerom wrote:Actually, plantations aren''t even available in age 2 are they? That''s pretty sad haha.
TAD civs favoured confirmed. [img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://l0o0l.com/emo/emo/jaune/231.gif"]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Still though, it's factual that natural resources are what win games and every civilization needs them, except for arguably Japan.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:
subzero wrote:I just noticed that in the patch notes, the FP quicksearch map pool has 20 maps total, having 11 ESOC Maps and 9 RE Maps.

Whilst the RE quicksearch map pool had 24 maps total.

Unfortunately ESOC FP QS map pool dont have Araucania, Silk Road, Yucatan, Himalayas and Great Lakes '(

Is it possible for next time to add 4 out of these 5 great maps to the QS map pool?
You realise that games on great lakes are decided by warship control right?
I agree, but was just saying that Ill miss great lakes, it was a fun map though. Anyway I love silk road and yucatan more. Yucatan isnt even bad tbh.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

shaolinstar wrote:
jerom wrote:Actually, plantations arent even available in age 2 are they? Thats pretty sad haha.
TAD civs favoured confirmed. [img]http://l0o0l.com/emo/emo/jaune/231.gif[/img]
In this respect, absolutely. In others, absolutely the opposite.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

incog wrote:Still though, it''s factual that natural resources are what win games and every civilization needs them, except for arguably Japan.
Japan still needs coin and wood. Sure you can survive with your starting mines &' shrines but after a while even Japan will have to push out for resources.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I would like that some units which costs too much/ are too weak become viable. The game would be more intersing, and having more options is always a nice aspect of any RTS.

So i would like to buff a bit :

- Outlaws : cause except Renegados, they aren't viable at all. Check their stats, this is such a joke.
- Mercenaries age 2 : no one use them cause they cost a bit too much.
- Spies / priest should have a buff or cost a bit less.
- Halbardiers
- Grens.

Don't make them as good as other units if you don't want to change the meta, but at least making them less bad than they are would be nice.

And nerf that fucking tomawhak iroquois which kill villagers age 1...
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

rikikipu wrote:And nerf that fucking tomawhak iroquois which kill villagers age 1...

+nerf lame scout and cherokee rifleman in age 1 too
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Nerf the france scout snare. Its so lame. But theres not really a reason to get the tomahawk if you're not gonna lame with it and try to kill vills :p
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I guess all military units should have a multiplier vs vils in age 1. Except maybe minutemen, tho I hate when people mm your fb
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag pingu
Crossbow

Post by pingu »

PINGU START CROWD SOURCE MISSION

SEND MONEY TO TRUEPINGU.GMAIL.COM

MONEY IS TO HIRE MATH TUTOR FOR USER "SOUND OF HEAVEN"

GOD BLESS
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yeah natives and mm should have a multiplier vs vills.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

jerom wrote:Nerf the france scout snare. Its so lame. But theres not really a reason to get the tomahawk if you''re not gonna lame with it and try to kill vills :p
There is, you can kill the enemy''s explorer or scout with it

Tho I must say 95% of time I take this toma it''s to prevent the enemy from taking it to lame my fb...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..