United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Papist

09 Mar 2016, 18:14

forgrin wrote:Just make merc spawns static with map and remove mams from the saloon/monastery.

Mams already got moved to age 4, at which point aren't imba at all. And making mercs constant is a bad idea imo - we will just see Dutch and German guys playing on the same maps and using the same merc strat every single game.
"You build your future. It isn't handed to you." ~Frank Underwood
No Flag krijner
Crossbow

01 May 2016, 20:55

I dont know if it is possible, but i would really appreciate a hotkey to refresh the game browser :smile:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Lancer
Donator 02

01 May 2016, 21:01

krijner wrote:I dont know if it is possible, but i would really appreciate a hotkey to refresh the game browser :smile:

f5 or rito
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
ESO: Pezet

02 May 2016, 00:26

Hm, that'd be indeed really cool!
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
India drsingh
Skirmisher
ESO: drsingh

11 Jun 2016, 14:25

just a quick question-
Is it possible to add a Random Civ feature in Skirmish and Multiplayer.
So that out of all your created home cities randomly one gets selected.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

11 Jun 2016, 14:33

drsingh wrote:just a quick question-

Random civ is a cool idea! :)
Spain yoqpasa
Dragoon
ESO: yoqpasa

11 Jun 2016, 16:15

Dsy wrote:
drsingh wrote:just a quick question-

Random civ is a cool idea! :)

Rikikipu said it's probably impossible, sadly.
:pop: An average ESOican :pop:
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

11 Jun 2016, 20:41

You can download a civ randomiser from the internet if you are playing with friends though
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

12 Jun 2016, 07:47

you can roll 3 dices and stream it
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
India drsingh
Skirmisher
ESO: drsingh

15 Jun 2016, 21:16

What is the status of the next version?
Is there any post describing what changes will be seen in next version..

Also I want to know what is the scope of this patch.. Is it aiming only for 1vs1 Civ balance or also balance of units within a civ.
eg. there were some changes in the old Fan Patch which were appealing to low lvl players like me
Surgeon from Brit consulate get ability to build hospital.
Sowar gain a 1.3 multiplier vs Villagers. (Mansdbar Adjusted)
Rajput cost decreased to 80 food 40 wood. (Mansdbar Adjusted)
Build points for all Indian Colonial Wonders except Agra Fort reduced from 120 to 110 which causes them to build 10 seconds faster.
Mansabdar Elephant units now take up the same amount of population as regular elephants of the same type.
Howdah: (ypHowdah) Cost changed from 250 food, 350 gold to 350 food, 250 gold. Mansabdar Howdah (ypHowdahMansabdar) cost changed accordingly.
Mahout: (ypMahout) Population cost decreased from 7 to 6.
Zamburak: (ypZamburak) Range decreased from 12 to 10. LOS decreased from 15 to 13. Range +2 and LOS +2 after researching Disciplined Zamburak.
etc
I am not asking for these changes. Just want to know how much change to expect with the patch...
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
ESO: Garja

15 Jun 2016, 21:24

The patch was meant to have as little changes as possible. There might be a change of philosophy as some point tho, if there are the conditions to actually pursue that scope.
For sure, the upcoming update won't have those changes.
Ukraine Dance
Crossbow

15 Jun 2016, 21:31

next version will be having treaty patch configuration inside
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

19 Apr 2017, 20:59

It would be nice if the launcher included an option to play nilla or TAD. And to add the Treaty patch.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

20 Apr 2017, 10:45

The latter is already done in the newest iteration to be released! :flowers:
Brazil JoãoCésar
Crossbow
ESO: JoãoCésar

23 Apr 2017, 20:03

It would be nice if when you changed the attack mode of units (e.g. from volley mode to melee and vice versa) they dind't stop the action they were already performing.
Sweden Gendarme
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

23 Apr 2017, 20:06

JoãoCésar wrote:It would be nice if when you changed the attack mode of units (e.g. from volley mode to melee and vice versa) they dind't stop the action they were already performing.
Animations are a rather large part of Age of Empires 3. It is one of the things you will learn to take into your calculations as you get better. For example settlers reloading after shooting an animal, longbowmen taking a while before they start shooting their first arrow, and falconets... being falconets.
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

23 Apr 2017, 20:07

Although presumably it may be considered a bug, I don't think it's gonna be „fixed" since it's not really detrimental for user experience, whereas players got used to that already. Moreover, it could be impossible or not worth the time to change it. :idea:
Brazil JoãoCésar
Crossbow
ESO: JoãoCésar

23 Apr 2017, 20:57

Gendarme wrote:Animations are a rather large part of Age of Empires 3. It is one of the things you will learn to take into your calculations as you get better. For example settlers reloading after shooting an animal, longbowmen taking a while before they start shooting their first arrow, and falconets... being falconets.

Those examples are far from being the same thing
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
ESO: Garja

24 Apr 2017, 08:50

Changing stance is an action in itself so it acts like a command.
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger

24 Apr 2017, 09:34

Would be cool if vils didn't punch the bisons when they're blocking your way to a goldmine, for example
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

look wrote:Detail, garja was cattle for slaughter in my hands.

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

04 May 2017, 04:51

@Kaiserklein , does it really happen then? It never has for me in such circumstances, I recall vills punching bisons when the latter run to the former after being shot and when there's not enough time and space for vills to step aside — then they punch them. I tested the coin-mine scenario in editor and didn't „work". :?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Lancer
Donator 02

04 May 2017, 06:11

It can happen. In treaty it actually happens a lot.
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02

04 May 2017, 06:45

I tested it in a way that I put my vills underneath my TC, positioned bison around them so that they couldn't move and tasked them onto a nearby coin mine, but they just didn't move in the end :?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Lancer
Donator 02

04 May 2017, 07:11

pecelot wrote:I tested it in a way that I put my vills underneath my TC, positioned bison around them so that they couldn't move and tasked them onto a nearby coin mine, but they just didn't move in the end :?

They usually kill the hunts when they are blocking a spot right next to the gold mine.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”