Fanpatch Popularity and Acceptance

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Alot of lower level players like to play aoe3 like Aoe2. That's the main issue as they just don't know how the game actually works. This is why interjection's stuff (and BTM when he was active) is so important, because it helps educate people as to how to actually use shipments properly etc. 3v3 deccan is just an attempt to make it as much like aoe2 as possible because they don't understand aoe3.
Source: I was like this before about 1.5years ago. Shot up from pr5 to pr17 while only playing periodically but watching alot of vids/recs.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Continued...
Because of aoe2 perhaps the learning curve for aoe3 is definitely discontinuous. You can get decent at basic mechanics fairly easily but there's a massive gap between having some mechanics and actually using builds/shipments properly (that's the gap between serg/lieut imo). There's not really a good resource to learn how to do that from a noob standpoint. So none of the low PR players really even know what you can do in the game. Hence deccan.

United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

diarouga wrote:
packers24 wrote:I understand there is' but why would it matter to you? Your observation about the huge skill difference between 18 and 26 is insinuating that they should not be the same rank-since they should not play together. Ive had this same conversation with Corporals' you will never get better by playing people your own rank forever. Like I said, I am a PR21, and have played games against Aizamk before. Then I have people who are PR 23 kick me out of their games' part of the reason is because of that rationale. To have the community of 3,000 active players in 15 tiny different segments based on rank is not the most ideal scenario.
I totally agree that you should play vs people whore better than you to improve but imagine, youre a captain pr26 and youve the same rank as a MS, would you like it?
Would you feel like a lesser player if the name distinctions just didnt exist? i.e. your PR is a number only?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I bet the names contribute a fair bit towards the complete obsession over rankings that the average community member tends to have. Whenever I set a goal in terms of pr, its never pr28 or sth, its captain or major. Getting from like master sergeant to 2nd lt, and 2nd lt to 1st lt, and especially 1st lt to captain (thats where I personally draw some imaginary line) was much more special than just getting an extra pr. It felt so much more rewarding. And falling back a name felt much worse. I cant really judge anymore, I dont think Ive been at the pr reflecting my skill since 2013 or sth. Ive always liked to play unrated much more.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Havent seen any high lvl Asian players on fp yeat....
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

jerom wrote:
lordraphael wrote:btw i want to point sth out here we are talking about how to persuade low level players to adopt the patch while a big number of higher ranked players have refused to switch over to EP so far. I also see various player whom i would consider EP players rather switch over to RE patch and play their games there than trying to persuade the others to come over to the EP. By doing this they create absolutly no incentive for RE players to start trying out the EP.
I thought there were basically none? Thats the more important part, making those scrubs switch over. In the end its a high level player patch made by high level players but also aimed at the high level players. To totally change up the patch to make it more succesful, could mean you stop achieving the original goal and thus dont fix the original reason people wanted to make a patch. I guess what I am trying to say is that this patch was never meant to be adressed to the 3v3 deccan players. Itd be a pro if theyd also switch over, but with a 1v1 patch aimed at the better 1v1 players, I highly doubt that will be possible.
i can assure that a lot of decent players havent switched over yet or go back to re patch as soon as a lobby pops up there. and as prince pointed out NO jap player has even tried the EP out yet
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

lordraphael wrote:
jerom wrote:I thought there were basically none? Thats the more important part, making those scrubs switch over. In the end its a high level player patch made by high level players but also aimed at the high level players. To totally change up the patch to make it more succesful, could mean you stop achieving the original goal and thus dont fix the original reason people wanted to make a patch. I guess what I am trying to say is that this patch was never meant to be adressed to the 3v3 deccan players. Itd be a pro if theyd also switch over, but with a 1v1 patch aimed at the better 1v1 players, I highly doubt that will be possible.
i can assure that a lot of decent players havent switched over yet or go back to re patch as soon as a lobby pops up there. and as prince pointed out NO jap player has even tried the EP out yet
This is true for my level too ^^ I find if I open a lobby in the RE with EP/fanpatch in the title, I get people in and we chat then switch to the EP. Lots of people out there wanting to play, just no lobbies.

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Actually playing on the re is not good for the fp.
If every pr35+ only play on the fp (which is totally doable since there's like 20 colo up), pr30+ will switch too to find games vs better players and to improove etc.
People won't come if we just wait, we have to do something, and boycotting the re is the most effective way.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i have to play with colonel up players everyday. this is not good experience imo.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I still think it's more than possible to win or lose games with players with a PR difference of about 5. I've also never really cared about PR for representing skill, I look at what players can do in the game and see how they play.

That's why people should be open and just play with everyone.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

paul wrote:i have to play with colonel up players everyday. this is not good experience imo.
Agreed. Consistently playing with players much better than you, and never playing with people of your own ranking is frustrating. You could add me though, Im only playing on the EP.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

The thing that I experienced is that when i come online there is usually not a single Fanpatch lobby from 2nd lt to captain which is what i am looking for but when I host a game myself I always get a player joining within 3 minutes. This is way faster than on RE patch so if there are no lobbies open host one and you shell find opponents :)
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

If you had added in a way to get the campaign civs easier on ESOC patch (and fixed them), people would join. Learn from augustiello, why do you think he's so successful at noob bashing?
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag glenoidfossa
Crossbow

Post by glenoidfossa »

Stop calling luts noobs and maybe they won't be alienated and come to FP.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:Actually playing on the re is not good for the fp.
If every pr35+ only play on the fp (which is totally doable since there''s like 20 colo up), pr30+ will switch too to find games vs better players and to improove etc.
People won''t come if we just wait, we have to do something, and boycotting the re is the most effective way.

I like your idea tbh but that means people who have problems with the patch will not play aoe3, since everyone leave Re patch
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

aligator92 wrote:The thing that I experienced is that when i come online there is usually not a single Fanpatch lobby from 2nd lt to captain which is what i am looking for but when I host a game myself I always get a player joining within 3 minutes. This is way faster than on RE patch so if there are no lobbies open host one and you shell find opponents :)
glenoidfossa wrote:Stop calling luts noobs and maybe they wont be alienated and come to FP.

Two excellent points. I agree whole-heartedly!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

aligator92 wrote:The thing that I experienced is that when i come online there is usually not a single Fanpatch lobby from 2nd lt to captain which is what i am looking for but when I host a game myself I always get a player joining within 3 minutes. This is way faster than on RE patch so if there are no lobbies open host one and you shell find opponents :)

And btw that happens in the first place because people assume the RE as the default one and only switch if they see a game hosted. If none start hosting then none plays on FP.
I think people should just start using the EP as the default one, like just log in on that and sit there.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

garja wrote:
And btw that happens in the first place because people assume the RE as the default one and only switch if they see a game hosted. If none start hosting then none plays on FP.
I think people should just start using the EP as the default one, like just log in on that and sit there.
+1
When I log on the EP, nobody seems to be on but I just have to host and then some people switch.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm not playing on RE anymore.

If I log on to EP and there's no one to play (which almost never happens, tbh), then I go play some starcraft
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

If I log onto EP and there's no one to play, I host a game.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Currently sitting in my lobby on the EP waiting for people... I wish I had dual monitors for this lol

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

What rank are you what is your eso nick

i'd play you, however there's a showmatch on soon and after that it's wcs xD
Garja wrote:
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

pr17, eso Forgrin. But yeah I'm gonna be watching showdown too :P

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

i hosted some 1v1 on fp, using Dutch, but all join me and..."no dutch, too op semi ff ruy falc gg" so i switch whit german and "german too op,ulhans>>", finally i get russia..but " lol, you use the worst 1v1 civ?? you must be smurf, fuck you Darwin, stop noobashing". Sad story.....and all asked me if i'm a girl, lol ofc i'm, wtf
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

I don't think the new dutch is that good if you go greedy 6-banks etc. I just beat them with Port semi FI. People are definitely picking up on how to beat the new dutch but it's coming slowly.