44%

Total votes: 66

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Should russia get a buff?

Post by Hazza54321 »

Russias strength is one of the most controversial civ strength in the game, i was wondering whether the majority of the community think that russia needs changing or staying the same
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

i think adding one more villager at the start and/or giving strelets +1 range for every upgrade would be good while nerfing their lategame (oprichniks).
on this way they can use strelets more while not hoping only on succesful raids from oprichiks.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'm not going to vote because I'm not certain by any means but I would lean towards a slight buff. Starting with Hunting Dogs is not something I'd consider slight, however.

At this point we need more play-testing to reach a conclusion.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Why does everybody want to improve strelets range (zzz)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

edeholland wrote:Why does everybody want to improve strelets range? (zzz)

I would assume because they are russias only skirmisher type unit and every other civ except I believe Aztec has a unit with 18+ range
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

edeholland wrote:Why does everybody want to improve strelets range (zzz)
Because they are "CRAP" unit...
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

medinos wrote:
Because they are "CRAP" unit...
Could you tell me why exactly?
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

thebritish wrote:i think adding one more villager at the start and/or giving strelets +1 range for every upgrade would be good while nerfing their lategame (oprichniks).
on this way they can use strelets more while not hoping only on succesful raids from oprichiks.
Strelets are also OP late game, because they are just so cheap and cost effective, and with the upgrades. And early game you mostly just overkill them, making them very effective for their low cost.

And the fact that the infantry costs less and is trained in batches is very good in every stage of the game...
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Because people want to start learning micro using strelets.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dermaxinator wrote:
thebritish wrote:i think adding one more villager at the start and/or giving strelets +1 range for every upgrade would be good while nerfing their lategame (oprichniks).
Strelets are also OP late game, because they are just so cheap and cost effective, and with the upgrades. And early game you mostly just overkill them, making them very effective for their low cost.

And the fact that the infantry costs less and is trained in batches is very good in every stage of the game...

No the fact that they are trained in batches is one of the main reasons why Russia is a shitty civ.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

gibson wrote:
dermaxinator wrote:Strelets are also OP late game, because they are just so cheap and cost effective, and with the upgrades. And early game you mostly just overkill them, making them very effective for their low cost.

No the fact that they are trained in batches is one of the main reasons why Russia is a shitty civ.
True. But its (at least for me) a better trait late game than in early game.
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

dermaxinator wrote:
gibson wrote:No the fact that they are trained in batches is one of the main reasons why Russia is a shitty civ.
True. But its (at least for me) a better trait late game than in early game.

which is generally only relevant in 3x3 deccans
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Strelet range isnt the main issue however it is an issue vs goons, why should a counter have equal range. The main issue is russias eco is too slow, past the 12-15minute mark theyre a good civ, however most games finish by then
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Russia is good. Strelets are freaking cost-effective. Cossack : 1 pop uhlan-slayer. Oprichniks : mortars with legs that rape the settlers without lube. Many civs envy Russia.
Maybe Boyar should be active for musks but that's it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

shaolinstar wrote:Russia is good. Strelets are freaking cost-effective. Cossack : 1 pop uhlan-slayer. Oprichniks : mortars with legs that rape the settlers without lube.

uhlan slayer? You drunk? Uhlans win coss before boyars and they cost the same and have more uhlans, and by the time boyars is sent vet uhlan has been researched
Jaeger

hazza54321 wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Russia is good. Strelets are freaking cost-effective. Cossack : 1 pop uhlan-slayer. Oprichniks : mortars with legs that rape the settlers without lube.
uhlan slayer? You drunk? Uhlans win coss before boyars and they cost the same and have more uhlans, and by the time boyars is sent vet uhlan has been researched
Yeah I didnt mean vet uhlans ofc. But cossacks do rape uhlans in age2 because you are more likely to outmass germans.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

shaolinstar wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: uhlan slayer? You drunk? Uhlans win coss before boyars and they cost the same and have more uhlans, and by the time boyars is sent vet uhlan has been researched
Yeah I didnt mean vet uhlans ofc. But cossacks do rape uhlans in age2 because you are more likely to outmass germans.

if ger stays age 2 they will outmass uhlans, in age 3 they have vet uhlan, 3 uhlan with every shipment, and 9 and 8 uhlan. Reasons like this is why aa needs changing and russia having a musk up in age 2 imo if not, better eco to nake more musk, no point in weaker but cheaper musks if you cant afford them in the first place
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The main issue with Russia in my eyes is that due to not having settler shipments and having batched units they don't have the eco when they hit age 2 to que up a batch of vils as well as a batch of musk/stre. Also because of batches they aren't able to consistently create units from more than a 1 military building for a while while civs like French brit just about any other civ is able to maintain production from two buildings from basically the time they age onward.
Jaeger

I assume you've never watched BlackStar playing Russia.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

shaolinstar wrote:I assume you''ve never watched BlackStar playing Russia.

lol despite how hard you macro, in 90% of games you cant afford musks and vills, whilst french for example can do 2 rax musks easily
Jaeger

hazza54321 wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I assume youve never watched BlackStar playing Russia.
lol despite how hard you macro, in 90% of games you cant afford musks and vills, whilst french for example can do 2 rax musks easily
gimme strelets, I give you [strike]xb [/strike]french musks :counting:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

shaolinstar wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: lol despite how hard you macro, in 90% of games you cant afford musks and vills, whilst french for example can do 2 rax musks easily
gimme strelets, I give you [strike]xb [/strike]french?musks?:counting:

there is no possible way that you can afford a batch of strelets and a batch of vils upon aging if you did any eco things at all during transition.....
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

One of the Russian weakness is musketeers.

They cost 76% of a standard musketeer and their HP are 80% and ranged damage 75% so only a bit more cost efficient, but you need more resources to start training the only anticav unit they have in colonial.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Im not sure how much I agree that russia's early game is where the issue is at. You have great cossack shipments and blockhouses to compensate for it. I like the strelet range because Russia basically can't compete in fortress games untill very late.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Strelets beat skirms, jesus...
Image Image Image