Should russia get a buff?

Post by zoom »

Hence the term: "5 Cossacks".
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

noissance wrote:Make cossack cost 100 food 50 coin
They can''t afford that amount of food. Well they can but you know what I mean.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Food is easier to gather than gold right? As russia I tend to overgather food.
Error 404: Signature not found
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

True but that way, they run out of herd faster. That's why Indians herds last longer, because of the resource distribution and that's also why Germans are so mine-dependant.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:Hence the term: "5 Cossacks".

5 Cossack are gonna be out of the picture raiding so Russia first 5 musk are just gonna die. Even if you bring back five Cossack when your next 5 musk pop 10 hussar or 13 uhlan still way better then 5 musk 5 Cossack
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i bet between you guys you played like 5 russia games =_______________=
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:i bet between you guys you played like 5 russia games =_______________=

iv only been maining Russia as my 1x1 civ for the past three months.....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pr?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:pr?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

How do you have 5 musk 5 cossack out when your opponent has 10 huss.

You must truly suck at this game then.
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

Maybe you try to not raid immediately with the 5 coss and trap his 5 huss when he engages your 5 musks? U should be able to snowball after that. But well I'm pretty new to sup but at least that's what I like to do and it works from time to time
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:How do you have 5 musk 5 cossack out when your opponent has 10 huss.

You obviously haven''t kept up with the conversation. If you go for a market or tp in transition russia doesn''t have enough food to create a batch of vils and a batch of muskets when they age. Assuming you prioritize eco, you will be getting out your first batch of muskets at the same time your opponent gets out his first batch of huss. He then goes and kills your muskets, which can be done easily with a little bit of cav micro. Your cossack are raiding so their irrelevant at this point. Your next batch of musk will pop at a similar time to his next batch of huss, resulting in him having 10 (albiet low hp) huss and you having 5 musk and 5 cossack. Funny because I beat you with russia too so I''m pretty sure I don''t truly suck :P
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

magnam wrote:Maybe you try to not raid immediately with the 5 coss and trap his 5 huss when he engages your 5 musks? U should be able to snowball after that. But well I''m pretty new to sup but at least that''s what I like to do and it works from time to time
You can do that but if you don''t use the 5 cossack to raid you its kind of a wasted shipment. The cav player isn''t gonna engage if he sees 5 cossack either. Also a civ like french is gonna be able to get out more then 5 cav per batch not so long after he shipped 700w if he has decent macro.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:pr?

yah so its hardly optimal play :/
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:26
yah so its hardly optimal play :/
And yet another display of top player arrogance, If youre not a top 100 player your opinion can just be dismissed without giving any reason why.

Id love to see you go for a market /tp and blockhouse in transition and have enough resources to que up a batch of vils and a batch of musks right when you age. Im sure since youre pr 35 you can do it.
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:yah so its hardly optimal play :/
And yet another display of top player arrogance, If youre not a top 100 player your opinion can just be dismissed without giving any reason why. ?

Well this is kinda true. Maybe it should nit be dismissed complete but when ppl tall about balance or march ups they talk about the best possible play. Using the full potential etc. So the experience worse players make should nit be taken too serious because their gameplay/decision is not at the highest lvl. At least thats how I think about match up/balance discussions in treaty. Should be the same for sup
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

magnam wrote:
gibson wrote:And yet another display of top player arrogance, If youre not a top 100 player your opinion can just be dismissed without giving any reason why.

Well this is kinda true. Maybe it should nit be dismissed complete but when ppl tall about balance or march ups they talk about the best possible play. Using the full potential etc. So the experience worse players make should nit be taken too serious because their gameplay/decision is not at the highest lvl. At least thats how I think about match up/balance discussions in treaty. Should be the same for sup
Yes Im not saying that better players dont know better than me. They do. Im just saying that they arent right just because of their rank and Im not wrong just because of my rank, and if they have the time to say your wrong because of your rank Im sure they could take 30 extra seconds to give a reason other than their rank.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:yah so its hardly optimal play :/
And yet another display of top player arrogance, If youre not a top 100 player your opinion can just be dismissed without giving any reason why.

Id love to see you go for a market /tp and blockhouse in transition and have enough resources to que up a batch of vils and a batch of musks right when you age. Im sure since youre pr 35 you can do it.

actually i can. point is, you are not considering some things because you are not capable of doing it. which is fine. russia might still need a buff, but you have been stating are completely the wrong ones. you are complaining about not getting enough musk, while its quite easy to keep up musk production from 2 blockhouses + vils non stop.

at the same time, musketeer isnt the best unit in their arsenal, they are a support. and if you play it well, you wouldnt need more than 20 at any given time while you are massing strelet and cossack.

i dont know how you play russia, but chances are big that you play them wrong, that is, you are not playing towards the civ strength.
No Flag lukas2223
Crossbow

Post by lukas2223 »

Lol? Strelet Cossack is one good way to get fucked up vs any normal civ which has huss
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

the fact that you say that means you are clueless about russia. and its not just strelet cossack, but strelet cossack + 15-20 musk. but actually, when you have both upgrades on your cossack, you can basically just strelet cossack vs most comps.

and russia actually has a pretty good semi, which means in fortress they can access strelet cav archer with some cossack. which is very hard to beat, specially if they have kalmuck and manchu to strengthen the ranks.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:And yet another display of top player arrogance, If youre not a top 100 player your opinion can just be dismissed without giving any reason why.

actually i can. point is, you are not considering some things because you are not capable of doing it. which is fine. russia might still need a buff, but you have been stating are completely the wrong ones. you are complaining about not getting enough musk, while its quite easy to keep up musk production from 2 blockhouses + vils non stop.

at the same time, musketeer isnt the best unit in their arsenal, they are a support. and if you play it well, you wouldnt need more than 20 at any given time while you are massing strelet and cossack.

i dont know how you play russia, but chances are big that you play them wrong, that is, you are not playing towards the civ strength.
Oh Im positive I play them wrong. I rarely make more than a batch or 2 of strelets because I play with one hand, dont use control groups, and right click to attack. But thats besides the point, it is easy to maintain musk production from 2 blockhouses several minutes into colonial. However, if you go with a more economic build ( market with hunting dogs, placer mines, and possibly gang saw in transition along with a blockhouse) its just not possible to have enough resources to que up a batch of vils as well as a batch of musks. That would mean you would have to collect a total of over 1400 resources in transition, if you want to get steel traps right upon hitting age 2 its over 1500. Assuming a 14 vil age up, idle time for 2-3 vils walking to middle then building a blockhouse, even with distribuvism it doesnt matter how good your macro is, Im fairly sure thats not possible.

[span] [/span]They just have a subpar eco in early colonial, partially due to batched vils. While having batched vils is better in the long run, short term you end of loosing a lot of vil seconds vs a civ that creates one vil at a time. Having batched infantry also means that even though their musk are cheaper and train faster than standard musk, a musk civ like brit can get out the same amount of musk if not more than a standard civ. Strelets are even worse. You need roughly 500 resources just to start a batch. Its not that you cant que a batch of musk and a batch of vils right when you age, its that batch units and no vil shipments come together to equal a rather shit eco in early colonial.
No Flag lukas2223
Crossbow

Post by lukas2223 »

umeu wrote:the fact that you say that means you are clueless about russia. and its not just strelet cossack, but strelet cossack + 15-20 musk. but actually, when you have both upgrades on your cossack, you can basically just strelet cossack vs most comps.

and russia actually has a pretty good semi, which means in fortress they can access strelet cav archer with some cossack. which is very hard to beat, specially if they have kalmuck and manchu to strengthen the ranks.?

U still have the nerve to say that after all of the times I raped u with Russia? I guess some people just don''t learn. Maybe that''s why they''re still at or 35 :)
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

If they are going to be buffed you have to buff their age 3
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:How do you have 5 musk 5 cossack out when your opponent has 10 huss.

You obviously havent kept up with the conversation. ?If you go for a market or tp in transition russia doesnt have enough food to create a batch of vils and a batch of muskets when they age. Assuming you prioritize eco, you will be getting out your first batch of muskets at the same time your opponent gets out his first batch of huss. He then goes and kills your muskets, which can be done easily with a little bit of cav micro. Your cossack are raiding so their irrelevant at this point. ?Your next batch of musk will pop at a similar time to his next batch of huss, resulting in him having 10 (albiet low hp) huss and you having 5 musk and 5 cossack. ?Funny because I beat you with russia too so Im pretty sure I dont truly suck :P

so youve never considered not raiding with cossack lol. "Cossack are raiding" as if the game makes you raid with them. You are grossly overestimating the speed people get cav out. In my experience, the first musk batch is still finished before the huss batch of your opponent, and by the time he gets a second huss batch out, you should really have been able to train 10 more musk.

Russias start is not that smooth, but they have an insane 750 res shipment to compensate for it. Their musks are just musks, cheaper and weaker. Its like people saying china is weak to cav, which it really is not.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:i bet between you guys you played like 5 russia games =_______________=

obviously not talking aboht me