Level 100 Home Cities

No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by purplesquid »

Could you make it so that all new home cities made in the patch are at least at level 100? One of the things that I was looking forward to doing with the new patch was playing India/China but I do not want to waste my time leveling up all the home cities. This would not only save myself time but I think it would provide the community with two tangible benefits:

[ol type="decimal"][li]Would decrease the ability for noob bashers to get inflated ranks (would not have the HC level delta in the calculations)[/li][li]Would provide lower level players with another reason to switch over to this patch[/li][/ol][div]
Is this is feasible to do from a technical standpoint? I think that this would be something that would make the fan patch better with very few downsides.[/div]
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by noissance »

+1

Another thing you could do is to include the EXP mod in the FP, but just adjust XP values for shipments to compensate. This would make people level to 100+ whether they like it or not.
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by forgrin »

I kinda like levelling up home cities myself. Wouldn't want it to be automatic, but yeah I could see how people would like that. Gotta admit those first 14 levels with India without wood trickle were rough :p
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by purplesquid »

forgrin wrote:I kinda like levelling up home cities myself. Wouldn''t want it to be automatic, but yeah I could see how people would like that. Gotta admit those first 14 levels with India without wood trickle were rough :p

Even if is not automatic at least make it an option. I have no interest in playing India without wood trickles and being forced to ship cards like 5 pet tigers :p
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by Marco1698 »

purplesquid wrote:Could you make it so that all new home cities made in the patch are at least at level 100? One of the things that I was looking forward to doing with the new patch was playing India/China but I do not want to waste my time leveling up all the home cities. This would not only save myself time but I think it would provide the community with two tangible benefits:

[ol type="decimal"][li]Would decrease the ability for noob bashers to get inflated ranks (would not have the HC level delta in the calculations)[/li][li]Would provide lower level players with another reason to switch over to this patch[/li][/ol][div]
Is this is feasible to do from a technical standpoint? I think that this would be something that would make the fan patch better with very few downsides.[/div]

this move could kill all noobs who use 10 hc for rank faster
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by britishmusketeer »

I agree that this should be implemented if it can be.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by edeholland »

Yes, this is possible. Napoleonic Era also does this.

However, a major drawback is that smurfs can now smurf more easily, because they can make a new account and have a level 100 to start with.

We have thought about it and I think most of the team was not in favor of this idea, but we can discuss it again sometime.

Meanwhile, use XPMOD if you don't wanna level up.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

We talked about it and for some reasons, the fp team didn't want to had this in the first version.
I can be added in a next update tho.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by aoefan4life »

If the fp team truly wants a competitive environment then all home cities should start at level 100.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by momuuu »

This might revive deathmatch a tiny bit. Nobody plays it because your homecities are lvl 10 Q.Q
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

If you already have 100 level with any European metropolis does not have to start at level 10 of an Asian civ. I should start right at the 100 also. Save time to level and release the necessary letters ..
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by purplesquid »

pikadasgalaxias wrote:If you already have 100 level with any European metropolis does not have to start at level 10 of an Asian civ. I should start right at the 100 also. Save time to level and release the necessary letters ..

This would be another good idea. If I have a level 100 European home city I should be able to get a level 100 asian civ. It works the other way. This is the best compromise I have heard. . .
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Level 100 Home Cities

Post by princeofcarthage »

IF you have lvl 100 euro civ you start with lvl 100 native civ and lvl 10 asian civ, if you have lvl 100 native civ you start with lvl 100 euro civ and lvl 10 asian civ and if you have lvl 100 asian civ you start with lvl 100 eurociv and lvl 100 native civ.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Re: Level 100 Home Cities

Post by purplesquid »

princeofcarthage wrote:IF you have lvl 100 euro civ you start with lvl 100 native civ and lvl 10 asian civ, if you have lvl 100 native civ you start with lvl 100 euro civ and lvl 10 asian civ and if you have lvl 100 asian civ you start with lvl 100 eurociv and lvl 100 native civ.

I know. What I am saying is that I think it should be 100 across the board and also apply to death match. Would love to try DM but not going to spend the time required for a game mode I might not even like. . .
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

purplesquid wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:IF you have lvl 100 euro civ you start with lvl 100 native civ and lvl 10 asian civ, if you have lvl 100 native civ you start with lvl 100 euro civ and lvl 10 asian civ and if you have lvl 100 asian civ you start with lvl 100 eurociv and lvl 100 native civ.

I know. What I am saying is that I think it should be 100 across the board and also apply to death match. Would love to try DM but not going to spend the time required for a game mode I might not even like. . .

Use xp mod :D
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

princeofcarthage wrote:
purplesquid wrote:

Xp mod is quite a hassle in that you have to find someone to do it with though.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Jerom wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Xp mod is quite a hassle in that you have to find someone to do it with though.

That's basically my view. Also, I do not think that I am the only one in this boat. Having DM/Asian level 100 home cities will get some more people (especially lower levels) to switch over to the patch.