Reasons why ESOC patch is NOT for noobs

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

papist wrote:
incog wrote:The actual changes which took place were first and foremost (and only) balance changes and they were very slight at that.

What kind of changes would the lower level players like to see in the EP, which would make them switch over? These are the sort of questions we asked ourselves, but no answers were found.
If you want to know what kinds of changes lower players wanted, why didnt you ask them? Here are a few many 3v3 Deccan players would agree on (that wouldnt kill mainstream game balance):

1. Make a couple high-resource maps (like Deccan) that are a bit more diverse. Maybe a pseudo-Orinoco map with a smaller walking distance, or an improved version of Indochina. In another thread, someone suggested an Oasis map, which would be phenomenal as well.

2. Make it so gendarmes, jinetes, and longbows can not so easily be lamed and spammed. Attach a slower train time to their respective guard upgrades.

3. Nerf slinging via a large penalty (25% or so). Currently, it is viable to sling an Azzy teammate wood and food so he can throw up a warhut at 60 seconds because there are so many extra resources to give away.

4. Enlarge the tc building radius so that people cant side-rush on Deccan.

5. Diversify the Deccan natives pool. Add rattans and sohei to the pool.

1. A good idea but it would be stupid to add such a map to the standart teamgames maps. But who should make that map? Garja has probably better things to do than creating maps which he probably wont use at all. You need to make it yourself or find someone who has the same idea and wants to make it. Also you have to find support in the community. Adding a map to the pool is also work which someone has to do.

2.You want to nerf civs which actually arent that good in teamgames? Also since walls have less hp now its harder to get to the point where you can spam.

3.Improving is part of this game aswell. Its very easy to defend a fed azzie rush:P Just save your vills, send them to your teamates for godsake. The most annoying thing for me is to play with players who dont save their vills and think the games is over when they lose their tc. Losing a tc is 600 wood which is nothing in a team game. Vills are worth much more. All 3 players have to time their minuteman and send them to the player who is attacked by the azzie player. If you change the tribute rate for sending resources you would also ruin a lot of different strategies. Its normal to send your teammates resources if the game goes on for a long time. Sitting on you resources when you reached V is just stupid when your teammates are still in IV.
4. Why would they change that?! It would affect every map. And side rush brings variety to the game.
5. You have to be very carefull which natives you add. The winning strategy shouldnt be who ever gets mid first will win the game. There should still be a chance to recapture mid.

Only one of your points is reasonable but hard to execute.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

bobabu wrote:
noissance wrote:Alright. Problem solved, Ill tell my friends that.
I didnt want to be rude. But like I already said you really dont gain anything by playing the fp atm. For beginners the normal game is much more interesting. Since you can win even if you are not playing standart strategies. Also its a lot easier to win against better players since the maps are unbalanced and can be in your favour. Even if not everyone is playing the fp, its fullfilling its purpose. In the next tournament we will be able to play in a fair environment. Im postive that you will get better in this game and maybe feel the urge to play the fp at some point. Btw its impossible to balance the civs for beginners. I can explain you why but I dont feel like it since this text is already very long. You should be able to find the reasons on your own anyways. Else you can write me a personal message.
I would say civs are more balanced for noobs than for better players, since they dont know about strengths and weaknesses of the civs as much and cant abuse them properly.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

fitosone wrote:
diarouga wrote:1. Yeah, what can we do?
2. Yeah, I personnaly play with people whore 10 pr lower so idk why lt don t play with ms.
3. That s totally normal, that way we have a good balance.
4. What do you suggest?
5. Nilla version means some work for 20 people and splitting the community even more if it works.
in reggard of the number 4 you need to contact the page of Age of Empires on Facebook they would probably share the news (even talk about it, to make it official like the forgotten empires), try to make lobbies for lower players named FAN ESOC PATCH and take time to explain even if you only spend an hour a day explaining this you might make community move there.

Not sure they would like it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

diarouga wrote:
fitosone wrote:in reggard of the number 4 you need to contact the page of Age of Empires on Facebook they would probably share the news (even talk about it, to make it official like the forgotten empires), try to make lobbies for lower players named FAN ESOC PATCH and take time to explain even if you only spend an hour a day explaining this you might make community move there.

Not sure they would like it.
Nooit geschoten is altijd miss.

Just try, wont hurt if they dont want to right?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:
diarouga wrote:Not sure they would like it.
Nooit geschoten is altijd miss.

Just try, wont hurt if they dont want to right?
Not shot is always miss.

Dutch truly is the clown nazi-talk...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

We have a saying in America a lot like that too.... "you miss 100% of the shots you never take" or "failure isn't bad bc the only reason you failed is because you tried in the first place" or something like that
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

papist wrote:The EP was designed for pr25+ , just like the last one. Notice that no non 1v1 <'pr30 players were consulted.

not true at all, most of the balancing discussions have been won by zoi aka zoom, who is like pr12... which proves ones and for all that its more important to be obnoxious and irritating to talk to rather than good at the game in order to get ones way.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
papist wrote:The EP was designed for pr25+ , just like the last one. Notice that no non 1v1
not true at all, most of the balancing discussions have been won by zoi aka zoom, who is like pr12... which proves ones and for all that its more important to be obnoxious and irritating to talk to rather than good at the game in order to get ones way.?

he also is pr30 and used to be a colonel..... Not saying that being iirratating and obnoxious isnt important lol, but no one would ever listen to a master sergeant or probably even a captian no matter how irritating and obnoxious they were......
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

well zoi is massively overranked then, i wouldnt rate him higher than p12...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You ok umeu? Did he call you names?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

im fine gs, ty, and the ZOOOO knows its all in good spirit.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:We have a saying in America a lot like that too.... "you miss 100% of the shots you never take" or "failure isn''t bad bc the only reason you failed is because you tried in the first place" or something like that
That''s a Gretzky quote rofl.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
gibson wrote:We have a saying in America a lot like that too.... "you miss 100% of the shots you never take" or "failure isnt bad bc the only reason you failed is because you tried in the first place" or something like that
Thats a Gretzky quote rofl.

I assume you mean the second one? I have no idea who Gretzky is lol I just know my basketball coach told it to me once
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

The ignorance is real.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:The ignorance is real.

aye man I''m from merica I know everything!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Well if you're a fucking pig then you should know who Gretzky is, that's all I'm saying...