Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Reasons why ESOC patch is NOT for noobs

Post by noissance »

1. Most of esoc patch games are hosted by lt+
2. These players kick everyone lower
3. The patch was tested by high level players, not the average player
4. Poor advertising
5. People dont download external files, and the patch is for TAD only (nilla vers. Plz)
Error 404: Signature not found
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

It was never intended to be for noobs
The eye is greedy
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

bobabu wrote:It was never intended to be for noobs
The eye is greedy

Alright. Problem solved, Ill tell my friends that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

To be fair it was intended to be for anyone who enjoy playing on a better envinronment than the official one. That said balance aspects of the patch may not be that important for the noobs but the rest certainly is an improvement for anyone.
It was never intended to be for nilla, that's for sure.
Image Image Image
No Flag 88baronrojo88
Crossbow

Post by 88baronrojo88 »

I do not understand why a patch that balances civilizations should be only for pros, this benefits everyone, you do not want to see the reality is that the majority of players are playing in teamgames and this patch even more unbalanced team games, because it is focused for 1v1, should analyze the civis in both styles of play and make a single patch which is even more complex , impossible i think, FP is great work for 1v1 only.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

noissance wrote:
bobabu wrote:It was never intended to be for noobs
The eye is greedy
Alright. Problem solved, Ill tell my friends that.
the patch was intended to be for everyone. And yea it is true that their are mainly higher level players playing on it atm but this could be fixed if only some of the lower ranked player started to actually host 3v3 rdm games on the patch and actively trying to get people to switch to EP.
Also just because the majority of players on the EP is lt plus , that doesnt mean that the patch is only for high level players it only shows that higher ranked players are more willing to try out new things than lower level players

Furthermore we are thinking about ways to encourage lower level players to start playing on the patch. But not all work can be done by the team themself we need players who are actively "recruiting " people to play the EP. U could also make a thread or message us here or on eso and tell us what would have to be done to give enough incentive for lower players to switch over to EP.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

88baronrojo88 wrote:I do not understand why a patch that balances civilizations should be only for pros, this benefits everyone, you do not want to see the reality is that the majority of players are playing in teamgames and this patch even more unbalanced team games, because it is focused for 1v1, should analyze the civis in both styles of play and make a single patch which is even more complex , impossible i think, FP is great work for 1v1 only.

In what way are teamgames less balanced by esoc patch? Only team balance issue I can see is maybe dutch being slightly too strong, but nerfing iro/Sioux and fixing jap age 4 as well as having more balanced maps seems to be an overall improvement for team games.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

88baronrojo88 wrote:I do not understand why a patch that balances civilizations should be only for pros, this benefits everyone, you do not want to see the reality is that the majority of players are playing in teamgames and this patch even more unbalanced team games, because it is focused for 1v1, should analyze the civis in both styles of play and make a single patch which is even more complex , impossible i think, FP is great work for 1v1 only.
the balance for teamgames is by no means worse than on the RE patch, however it isnt really better either. BUT their are Garjas 1v1 maps which have been converted to team maps and can thus be played rated on team ( on RE u cant even play unrated on team with them ) and also their is a new team games mappool whihc features only the best RE rated maps in teams whihc allows a much better game experience to be reached than on the RE maps where games were often decided by the maps. SO overall the EP patch provides a better experience for both 1v1 and team games in comparision to the RE patch.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's not the the esoc patch is not for noobs, it's just that it's mostly irrelevant for noobs so they have no reason to switch.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

gibson wrote:It''s not the the esoc patch is not for noobs, it''s just that it''s mostly irrelevant for noobs so they have no reason to switch.
Well said. Lower level players do not really care about a patch because balance is different from their point of view.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

So bad this patch doesn't work no?
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Well my only experience with the EP is that I get kicked off. The reason... he said "no jap" lol
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Are you implying nilla players are noobs?

@Aizamk get him
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

adv wrote:Well my only experience with the EP is that I get kicked off. The reason... he said "no jap" lol
well that has nothing to do with the EP tho, but rather that certain ppl are just dumb
Image Image Image
No Flag 88baronrojo88
Crossbow

Post by 88baronrojo88 »

Yes is most unbalanced in team games because in team games japan, british, france , russia, and now port and dutch are OP . In my opinion in team games eco is more important and this eco civs are totally OP. medium ranks only play team games 3vs3
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

gibson wrote:It''s not the the esoc patch is not for noobs, it''s just that it''s mostly irrelevant for noobs so they have no reason to switch.
Well there''s no change for noobs. Balance changes don''t benefit them since they aren''t playing at a lvl where it starts to matter. Lazerbear cheaters were only a problem for a higher players since they had a high lvl aswell.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

noissance wrote:1. Most of esoc patch games are hosred by lt+
4. Poor advertising
5. People dont download external files, and the patch is for TAD only (nilla vers. Plz)
1. Yeah, what can we do?
2. Yeah, I personnaly play with people who''re 10 pr lower so idk why lt don t play with ms.
3. That s totally normal, that way we have a good balance.
4. What do you suggest?
5. Nilla version means some work for 20 people and splitting the community even more if it works.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Nilla version is out of question because in 2015 nilla shouldn't even be a thing.
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

bramboy wrote:Are you implying nilla players are noobs?

@aizamk get him
Nobody be hatin'' on us nilla skrubs pls.
oranges.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Even at the captian level to get a team game I regularly have to play with people who completely out class me in every way imaginable. I mean what's the point of playing a game where the outcome is predetermined. I mean, I don't play the game with winning being my primary purpose, but it sucks when you're team is completely outmatched. The patch has split the community so much that high level players are willing to play with people as low as pr 23 just to get a 3x3 going. I'm starting to think it wasn't a great thing tbh.
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

88baronrojo88 wrote:Yes is most unbalanced in team games because in team games japan, british, france , russia, and now port and dutch are OP . In my opinion in team games eco is more important and this eco civs are totally OP. medium ranks only play team games 3vs3
How can 6 of 14 civs be op? That seems pretty fair to me tbh if that''s your opinion.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

diarouga wrote:
noissance wrote:1. Most of esoc patch games are hosred by lt+
4. Poor advertising
1. Yeah, what can we do?
2. Yeah, I personnaly play with people whore 10 pr lower so idk why lt don t play with ms.
3. That s totally normal, that way we have a good balance.
4. What do you suggest?
5. Nilla version means some work for 20 people and splitting the community even more if it works.

Can you guys get a mod of game to make a chat room for mods/patches section? If not then try to get them to use the in-game announcement feature.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

yurashic wrote:
gibson wrote:Its not the the esoc patch is not for noobs, its just that its mostly irrelevant for noobs so they have no reason to switch.
Well said. Lower level players do not really care about a patch because balance is different from their point of view.

I have talked to many of my friends (pvt) and they told me they kinda know about the patch but dont use it cause they fear the abundance of lieutenants on it in the first place. Also, a couple of them kept getting kicked for "too low, sry" or "gtfo smurf"
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Hlep me understand, do they fear the presence of too strong players or?
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Noobs are stupid, you have to understand that.
Theh want to improve but they also want to win, so they kick people who're 5pr higher.