Post by tedere12 »

I dont think noobs care about balance they enjoy the game the way it is
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Reasons why ESOC patch is NOT for noobs

Post by Garja »

diarouga wrote:Noobs are stupid, you have to understand that.
Theh want to improve but they also want to win, so they kick people who''re 5pr higher.

It just seems very odd to me that there are ppl like that on the FP, especially that 1lts kick ppl under their level.
Image Image Image
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I have played many games as a 2nd lt and I have not had any problems with people kicking me. Of course I usual play people 5-10 pr higher but I feel I am getting better
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

How ironic that at the very best, one of the five points has anything to do with your argument.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

zoom wrote:How ironic that at the very best, one of the five points has anything to do with your argument.

This "ESO community" should be renamed with a * at the end, which says for lieutenants and above only. Moat of you are arrogant "insert insult here"''s who pretend to care about rhis fame, as long as it''s your own pals, not the majority of the players.
Error 404: Signature not found
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

err..what's the matter really
Image Image Image
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Garja, I get kicked from most of fan patch fames cause im only pr 16. I cant join any other games because when im on all these kickers play.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

noissance wrote:
zoom wrote:How ironic that at the very best, one of the five points has anything to do with your argument.
This "ESO community" should be renamed with a * at the end, which says for lieutenants and above only. Moat of you are arrogant "insert insult here"s who pretend to care about rhis fame, as long as its your own pals, not the majority of the players.
Are you implying that my post is an insult? It is not.

Are you calling me arrogant? That is an insult.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

noissance wrote:Garja, I get kicked from most of fan patch fames cause im only pr 16. I cant join any other games because when im on all these kickers play.

is your eso noissance? Ill message you when I see you online for some ep games!
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Ok I will add you as well jerom, you are such a gentleman!
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

zoom wrote:
noissance wrote:This "ESO community" should be renamed with a * at the end, which says for lieutenants and above only. Moat of you are arrogant "insert insult here"s who pretend to care about rhis fame, as long as its your own pals, not the majority of the players.
Are you implying that my post is an insult? It is not.

I did not spcify the name so why do you take it personaly? This was aimed at thar other guy who posted earlier (bababu). This was a misquote.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I am a 2nd lt and have not been kicked from any games. I think the fan patch has lots to offer to "noobs" and I think that in time more lower level players will switch
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Moderator, Please Delete this thread. I do not want to cause bad publicity with this patch, and i did not mean to sound too pessimistic, i was just enraged at those who kept kicking me.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

noissance wrote:
zoom wrote:Are you implying that my post is an insult? It is not.

I did not spcify the name so why do you take it personaly? This was aimed at thar other guy who posted earlier (bababu). This was a misquote.
Because you replied to my post. I perfectly understand your frustration by the way, however your five points have little relevance to your argument.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

The EP was designed for pr25+ , just like the last one. Notice that no non 1v1
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

papist wrote:Notice that no non 1v1 <'pr30 players were consulted.
That doesn''t make sense to you? Obviously the best players are going to make the patch. You don''t need a scrub like MCJim nerfing Japan.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

bramboy wrote:
papist wrote:Notice that no non 1v1
That doesnt make sense to you? Obviously the best players are going to make the patch. You dont need a scrub like MCJim nerfing Japan.

If the patch was made with only the opinions and ideas of top players in mind, why on Earth would low level players want to use it. This has been said before, but low players arent going to use a new patch when the minute changes made are not ones that affect them, or that they agree with.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

noissance wrote:Garja, I get kicked from most of fan patch fames cause im only pr 16. I cant join any other games because when im on all these kickers play.
add me, i''m r4go, i can play and help you to be better if you need, just whisper me. I''m a team player, 1v1 is not my poker
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:
papist wrote:Notice that no non 1v1 <'pr30 players were consulted.
That doesnt make sense to you? Obviously the best players are going to make the patch. You dont need a scrub like MCJim nerfing Japan.
afdafa patch notes:

Mr Hond FF - plus + 5 hond
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Post by abbadan »

noissance wrote:
This "ESO community" should be renamed with a * at the end, which says for lieutenants and above only. Moat of you are arrogant "insert insult here"s who pretend to care about rhis fame, as long as its your own pals, not the majority of the players.

Totally disagree! Im a pretty low-end player, even after playing for several years. But I have asked questions of and received friendly replies from: Interjection, Mitoe, Musketeer Jr., and others. No one has made me feel bad, even when i asked a question like "How do you make a Russian cav square?" (turns out there was a video...)
The reason for the fact they dont want me in their game is obvious: they ARE out of my league, and i would drag their game down as surely as any of us would drag down a doubles match with professional tennis players.
I do wish more Serg and lowers were online with the ESOC maps and the patch,though. Maybe itll just take time for it to "trickle down."
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

papist wrote:
bramboy wrote:That doesnt make sense to you? Obviously the best players are going to make the patch. You dont need a scrub like MCJim nerfing Japan.

If the patch was made with only the opinions and ideas of top players in mind, why on Earth would low level players want to use it. This has been said before, but low players arent going to use a new patch when the minute changes made are not ones that affect them, or that they agree with.

The actual changes which took place were first and foremost (and only) balance changes and they were very slight at that.

What kind of changes would the lower level players like to see in the EP, which would make them switch over? These are the sort of questions we asked ourselves, but no answers were found.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

incog wrote:
papist wrote:If the patch was made with only the opinions and ideas of top players in mind, why on Earth would low level players want to use it. This has been said before, but low players arent going to use a new patch when the minute changes made are not ones that affect them, or that they agree with.
The actual changes which took place were first and foremost (and only) balance changes and they were very slight at that.

What kind of changes would the lower level players like to see in the EP, which would make them switch over? These are the sort of questions we asked ourselves, but no answers were found.
If you want to know what kinds of changes lower players wanted, why didnt you ask them? Here are a few many 3v3 Deccan players would agree on (that wouldnt kill mainstream game balance):

1. Make a couple high-resource maps (like Deccan) that are a bit more diverse. Maybe a pseudo-Orinoco map with a smaller walking distance, or an improved version of Indochina. In another thread, someone suggested an Oasis map, which would be phenomenal as well.

2. Make it so gendarmes, jinetes, and longbows can not so easily be lamed and spammed. Attach a slower train time to their respective guard upgrades.

3. Nerf slinging via a large penalty (25% or so). Currently, it is viable to sling an Azzy teammate wood and food so he can throw up a warhut at 60 seconds because there are so many extra resources to give away.

4. Enlarge the tc building radius so that people cant side-rush on Deccan.

5. Diversify the Deccan natives pool. Add rattans and sohei to the pool.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

noissance wrote:
bobabu wrote:It was never intended to be for noobs
The eye is greedy
Alright. Problem solved, Ill tell my friends that.

I didnt want to be rude. But like I already said you really dont gain anything by playing the fp atm. For beginners the normal game is much more interesting. Since you can win even if you are not playing standart strategies. Also its a lot easier to win against better players since the maps are unbalanced and can be in your favour. Even if not everyone is playing the fp, its fullfilling its purpose. In the next tournament we will be able to play in a fair environment. Im postive that you will get better in this game and maybe feel the urge to play the fp at some point. Btw its impossible to balance the civs for beginners. I can explain you why but I dont feel like it since this text is already very long. You should be able to find the reasons on your own anyways. Else you can write me a personal message.
Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

Post by fitosone »

diarouga wrote:
noissance wrote:1. Most of esoc patch games are hosred by lt+
2. These players kick everyone lower
3. The patch was tested by high level players, not the average player
4. Poor advertising
5. People dont download external files, and the patch is for TAD only (nilla vers. Plz)
1. Yeah, what can we do?
2. Yeah, I personnaly play with people whore 10 pr lower so idk why lt don t play with ms.
3. That s totally normal, that way we have a good balance.
4. What do you suggest?
5. Nilla version means some work for 20 people and splitting the community even more if it works.
in reggard of the number 4 you need to contact the page of Age of Empires on Facebook they would probably share the news (even talk about it, to make it official like the forgotten empires), try to make lobbies for lower players named FAN ESOC PATCH and take time to explain even if you only spend an hour a day explaining this you might make community move there.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

papist wrote:
incog wrote:The actual changes which took place were first and foremost (and only) balance changes and they were very slight at that.

If you want to know what kinds of changes lower players wanted, why didnt you ask them? Here are a few many 3v3 Deccan players would agree on (that wouldnt kill mainstream game balance):

1. Make a couple high-resource maps (like Deccan) that are a bit more diverse. Maybe a pseudo-Orinoco map with a smaller walking distance, or an improved version of Indochina. In another thread, someone suggested an Oasis map, which would be phenomenal as well.

2. Make it so gendarmes, jinetes, and longbows can not so easily be lamed and spammed. Attach a slower train time to their respective guard upgrades.

3. Nerf slinging via a large penalty (25% or so). Currently, it is viable to sling an Azzy teammate wood and food so he can throw up a warhut at 60 seconds because there are so many extra resources to give away.

4. Enlarge the tc building radius so that people cant side-rush on Deccan.

5. Diversify the Deccan natives pool. Add rattans and sohei to the pool.
I dont like 3 and 4. Its annoying if we would have to nerf tribute just because some players havent grown out of losing to that yet. Its a valid strat, its not OP, jut learn to deal with it like you learn to deal with any other strat. Enlarging TC build radius would definately affect balance, it would make rush even less viable than it already is and it would nerf civs like spain hard in some matchups if you cant put the tower as forward anymore.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego