What's wrong with the 5 mameluke shipment?

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Really, i never wondered about reducing -1 mame in the age 3 shipment, Anyways thanks for explaining, Umeu, Diarouga, DB and Forgin :) 4 mames really doesn't imbalance otto. I have tested it just now. On both online and bots. I hope that stretlet should have added range. Atleast +2? we can get the result of a perfect and balanced russia
oranges.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

16 range strelets in age 2 might be a bit too much. maybe if it was attached to their vet upgrade or strelet card or AA or something that could be cool
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

subzero wrote:
marco1698 wrote:3 mams are fair. 4 mams makes otto still op. Anyway I wont pay 1000 gold for 3 mams, I think. Abus guns should be nerfed a bit, really Otto is unbeatable if played well. Jans abus is unstoppable
3 mame is worse than 5 huss and 3 mahouts for 1k food because the fact that it cost 1k coin.?

Abus gun should be nerfed. They dont need the +2 range in veteran. So were giving a unit which is a cheat extra range with veteran upgrade, while EP is not doing anything for a strelet. It is unfair to buff abus range and do nothing to strelet.?

3 mams is not worse than 5huss
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

4 mams is pretty balanced. Its equal with 6 stradiots... So its okey with 1000 gold price i think.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

marco1698 wrote:
subzero wrote:3 mame is worse than 5 huss and 3 mahouts for 1k food because the fact that it cost 1k coin.

Abus gun should be nerfed. They dont need the +2 range in veteran. So were giving a unit which is a cheat extra range with veteran upgrade, while EP is not doing anything for a strelet. It is unfair to buff abus range and do nothing to strelet.

3 mams is not worse than 5huss
If it cost 1k coin it is.

Why would you even pay 1k coin for 3 mames if you can get 5 free huss?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

subzero wrote:
marco1698 wrote:3 mams is not worse than 5huss
If it cost 1k coin it is.?

okay I got the point. I meant as good card or not, not the cost
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

marco1698 wrote:
subzero wrote:If it cost 1k coin it is.

okay I got the point. I meant as good card or not, not the cost
Yeah exactly. 3 Mames beat 5 huss in combat ofc, but I meant it isnt better that 5 huss in terms of cost efficiency of the card.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

rdx wrote:Really, i never wondered about reducing -1 mame in the age 3 shipment, Anyways thanks for explaining, Umeu, Diarouga, DB and Forgin :) 4 mames really doesn''t imbalance otto. I have tested it just now. On both online and bots. I hope that stretlet should have added range. Atleast +2? we can get the result of a perfect and balanced russia

If you boost their range, you will need to increase strelets cost to keep them balanced. 40 resources for a unit with the stats of a skirm is OP.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

I kinda begin wondering whether 5 spahi for 1000 food is better than the 4 mams. In fact even 6 stradiots seems like a better choice (test 4 mams vs 6 stradiots in scen editor). Even if neither of those units have the meatshield power/value mams do.

In addition to removing 1 mam from the shipment, I would reduce shipment cost from 1000 coin to 800 coin.
Each mam costs 400 coin, making the shipment worth only 600 res (which is the standart for colonial, but not for fort).
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

benj89 wrote:I''m pretty sure 5 spahi beat 10 jaegers too, my 2 cents
food is more easy waste than gold so if i get to choose thw nap and lets say 200 wood on top with jaegers shooting behind 3 walls.. no wait spahi still win..
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

ivan wrote:I kinda begin wondering whether 5 spahi for 1000 food is better than the 4 mams. In fact even 6 stradiots seems like a better choice (test 4 mams vs 6 stradiots in scen editor). Even if neither of those units have the meatshield power/value mams do.

In addition to removing 1 mam from the shipment, I would reduce shipment cost from 1000 coin to 800 coin.
Each mam costs 400 coin, making the shipment worth only 600 res (which is the standart for colonial, but not for fort).

to be fair :)... mams is still age 4 unit.. and sometimes a tanky unit is much healthier to.. 4 mams imo is just fine
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

if strelet get 2 more range, jeesus
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ivan wrote:I kinda begin wondering whether 5 spahi for 1000 food is better than the 4 mams. In fact even 6 stradiots seems like a better choice (test 4 mams vs 6 stradiots in scen editor). Even if neither of those units have the meatshield power/value mams do.

1mam costs 400c but we all know it is worth 4-5huss (800-1000ressources).
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Post by Good ol Ivan »

diarouga wrote:

1mam costs 400c but we all know it is worth 4-5huss (800-1000ressources).
Merc units in fortress are slightly more valuable than their cost suggests, yes. Nevertheless 3 huss can beat 1 mam, so I wouldnt place their value that highly.

Lets look at other mercs. 1 stradiot can beat 2 unupgraded huss. If you place a mams value in 4-5 huss, it only makes sense to consider a stradiot 3-4 huss.
6 stradiots should be worth ~21 huss (for 1000 coin). Pretty nice deal, yet its not a card I see often in otto or spanish decks.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

3-4 huss not 4-5, sorry.
So a 5mam shipment is 16-20 huss. A stradiot is 2huss so 6 stradiot=12-15huss, while you can have 10 huss with 1k c+5huss but you don t need to wait so that s k.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

u sure a stradiot is 2 huss?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'd say it's a fair estimate. Naturally all units are more or less different. Stradiots are fast as shit and have 30% RR as well...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think the stradiot shipment is probably one of the better merc shipments.

But mams really are OP for their cost. Just look at the mongo10 vs samwise12 game (third or fourth game iirc, a china mirror) of summer championship. The mams absolutely destroy to a point where full mam seemed to be the optimal composition.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

papist wrote:
rdx wrote:Really, i never wondered about reducing -1 mame in the age 3 shipment, Anyways thanks for explaining, Umeu, Diarouga, DB and Forgin :) 4 mames really doesnt imbalance otto. I have tested it just now. On both online and bots. I hope that stretlet should have added range. Atleast +2? we can get the result of a perfect and balanced russia

If you boost their range, you will need to increase strelets cost to keep them balanced. 40 resources for a unit with the stats of a skirm is OP.
Its true while youve just 48 resources and good skirm type is OP. But russia isnt OP and also needs it. we may think of comparing the cost and effectiveness of a unit. why dont you assume as a block? Russia always trains in blocks. so you cost 480 of resources for this unit which dies easily and takes up pop. youve to keep building houses to train them. cozz each unit takes one pop as they are 10, houses support the same 10 pop. And for each stretlet block you spend 100 wood which is slow to gather. where you need +50 wood to build a blockhouse, and to spam bunch of strets, also stables and houses.the 5 pop which blockhouse supports becomes useless, as you wont keep building it above 2 of numbers. Also for another stret block you spend 480+480= 960 of res. Even 3 cuirs, which beat 20 strets dont cost this much. This why russia is imbalanced. Instead of changing the whole damn thing, giving +2 range for strets is not wrong. But if you increase the cost, increase only on food like 45 f and 10 w for each stret. Comparing the unit with the civ is more better than comparing their cost and effectiveness.
oranges.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Strelets are one of the strongest units ingame (price/value). Plus you can train them in age2, plus they cost no coin (which is matter a lot lategame when civs runs out coin mines), plus they have multiplier vs heavy inf, plus they are in big numbers and no area damage cav needs a lot of time to kill them (which is very important again if russia has anti cav no need to micro good cause 4-5 strelets die just doenst matter) plus they have speed advantage which helps them kiting more than any light inf.
I dont understand why should it be more op...
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

ivan wrote:
diarouga wrote:1mam costs 400c but we all know it is worth 4-5huss (800-1000ressources).
Merc units in fortress are slightly more valuable than their cost suggests, yes. Nevertheless 3 huss can beat 1 mam, so I wouldnt place their value that highly.

Lets look at other mercs. 1 stradiot can beat 2 unupgraded huss. If you place a mams value in 4-5 huss, it only makes sense to consider a stradiot 3-4 huss.
6 stradiots should be worth ~21 huss (for 1000 coin). Pretty nice deal, yet its not a card I see often in otto or spanish decks.

You cant test how good cav is by having it fight other cav. The strength of mams is the high hp low damage mechanic which is perfect for cav and also the ridiculous 40% rr.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

rdx wrote:
papist wrote:If you boost their range, you will need to increase strelets cost to keep them balanced. 40 resources for a unit with the stats of a skirm is OP.
Its true while youve just 48 resources and good skirm type is OP. But russia isnt OP and also needs it. we may think of comparing the cost and effectiveness of a unit. why dont you assume as a block? Russia always trains in blocks. so you cost 480 of resources for this unit which dies easily and takes up pop. youve to keep building houses to train them. cozz each unit takes one pop as they are 10, houses support the same 10 pop. And for each stretlet block you spend 100 wood which is slow to gather. where you need +50 wood to build a blockhouse, and to spam bunch of strets, also stables and houses.the 5 pop which blockhouse supports becomes useless, as you wont keep building it above 2 of numbers. Also for another stret block you spend 480+480= 960 of res. Even 3 cuirs, which beat 20 strets dont cost this much. This why russia is imbalanced. Instead of changing the whole damn thing, giving +2 range for strets is not wrong. But if you increase the cost, increase only on food like 45 f and 10 w for each stret. Comparing the unit with the civ is more better than comparing their cost and effectiveness.

Even if Russia was weak, Im pretty sure we have enough Russia is weak threads.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

It has one Mameluke too many.

/thread