EP Update 1.00.5

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: EP Update 1.00.3

Post by musketeer925 »

Magnam wrote:After rebooting my pc a couple times something happend when I clicked on the exe. I came to the point where he tells u that he will unistall the old version and installs the new one. After that nothing happens again and I got 3 new prozesses unins000.exe which use 108 K RAM and I'm not able to shut them down. However the installtion setup is still active (icon in the toolbar) but it doesn't do anything

At what point in the installation did the installer's window disappear? Based on your description it may have installed and the installer is failing on the finishing-up tasks.

Try the following:

1. Reboot PC
2. Navigate to control panel, "uninstall a program", and uninstall Age of Empires III: ESO Community Patch from there. If this hangs or fails somewhere along the line, just move to the next step.
3. Reboot PC.
4. Open your game's installation folder (either C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Age of Empires 3\bin\) and delete any of the following files that exist:

age3f.exe
ESOCP1.dll
ESOCP2.dll
ESOCP3.dll
ESOCPatchLauncher.exe
RMF (folder)

And in the data subfolder:
protof.xml
protof_temp.xml
techtreef.xml
randommapstringsf.xml

5. Reboot PC.
6. Run the installer for 1.00.3 -- I'm almost sure it will work after following these steps.
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

Hmm things became weird now. Before u posted I already deleted the dlls and the ESOCPAtchLauncher.exe after that the installation worked fine. I was downloading the framwork c++ thing or sth. like that and everything worked fine till the end. When the Setup said Installation will be finished soon. I waited a pretty long time but the program did not respond so I closed it. The launcher did not work anymore after that. Then I decided to replace the whole Age of Empires III folder with a copy I had on my pc before I installed the first version of the patch. Now I have the same problem as I had in the beginning the installation exe does nothing and I get 3 prozesses named: ESOC Patch 1.00.3 , which are pretty much dead prozesses they use 104K ram and I'm not able to close them.

Really strange that the installation nearly worked one time, but now that I pretty much reinstalled the game it doesn't work :/
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Have you attempted to follow the steps I posted?
No Flag Magnam
Musketeer

Post by Magnam »

Yea I tried them after the nearly finished installation, but I think that failed installation made some problems. Now I use a version of aoe I saved before I installed the first version of the ep and got the problem I mentioned above

Edit: Also when I try to run the installation exe as admin nothing happens but my pc keeps doing something. At least I can't click on anything on my desktop anymore after I try to run the exe as adim. Have to restart my pc to be able to click on something on my desktop again. (firefox still works normal. Just everything on my desktop doesn't work anymore after running the exe as admin)
No Flag Balthazar
Crossbow

Post by Balthazar »

1.00.3 now works for me with 32bit. Great Job guys
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Magnam wrote:Yea I tried them after the nearly finished installation, but I think that failed installation made some problems. Now I use a version of aoe I saved before I installed the first version of the ep and got the problem I mentioned above

Edit: Also when I try to run the installation exe as admin nothing happens but my pc keeps doing something. At least I can't click on anything on my desktop anymore after I try to run the exe as adim. Have to restart my pc to be able to click on something on my desktop again. (firefox still works normal. Just everything on my desktop doesn't work anymore after running the exe as admin)

Sent you a PM

Balthazar wrote:1.00.3 now works for me with 32bit. Great Job guys

Glad to hear it!
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

So this is why I have not been able to get patch games for the last 2 days xD

Could you maybe add this to the home screen news post?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Ouch!

Yeah, we need to be a bit more clear about all of that.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

now got crc mismatch with everyone :(
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

bart331 wrote:now got crc mismatch with everyone :(

First of all try restarting your computer, uninstalling the EP through the Add/Remove Program in Control Panel, then downloading EP 1.00.3 here and installing it again.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: EP Update 1.00.4

Post by dicktator_ »

I just upgraded to 1.00.4 using the launcher, now whenever I try to use the ESOC patch I get this error. I can assure you I've never tampered with Data3.bar, so I'm not sure what's going on here. I never had this problem before upgrading to 1.00.4
Attachments
error.png
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

The 1.04 version says to me that my data3.bar file is incorrect and so it won't work. I guess it's the anti cheat measures screwing a bit here, since it says that I have a suspicious behaviour (because it thinks my files are changed) or sth. Another guy has this problem. How can we fix that ? I can launch the patch when I remove the data3.bar file but I guess this file has some use lol so idk if I can play without it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

it worked perfectly. No technical issues at all (havent had any so far anyways).

Thought that'd be pleasant to hear aswell :)
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Jerom wrote:it worked perfectly. No technical issues at all (havent had any so far anyways).

Kaiserklein wrote:The 1.04 version says to me that my data3.bar file is incorrect and so it won't work. I guess it's the anti cheat measures screwing a bit here, since it says that I have a suspicious behaviour (because it thinks my files are changed) or sth. Another guy has this problem. How can we fix that ? I can launch the patch when I remove the data3.bar file but I guess this file has some use lol so idk if I can play without it

dicktator_ wrote:I just upgraded to 1.00.4 using the launcher, now whenever I try to use the ESOC patch I get this error. I can assure you I've never tampered with Data3.bar, so I'm not sure what's going on here. I never had this problem before upgrading to 1.00.4

Looking into this. Are you guys on the Steam or retail/CD version of the game?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

musketeer925 wrote:
Jerom wrote:it worked perfectly. No technical issues at all (havent had any so far anyways).

Kaiserklein wrote:The 1.04 version says to me that my data3.bar file is incorrect and so it won't work. I guess it's the anti cheat measures screwing a bit here, since it says that I have a suspicious behaviour (because it thinks my files are changed) or sth. Another guy has this problem. How can we fix that ? I can launch the patch when I remove the data3.bar file but I guess this file has some use lol so idk if I can play without it

dicktator_ wrote:I just upgraded to 1.00.4 using the launcher, now whenever I try to use the ESOC patch I get this error. I can assure you I've never tampered with Data3.bar, so I'm not sure what's going on here. I never had this problem before upgrading to 1.00.4

Looking into this. Are you guys on the Steam or retail/CD version of the game?

I'm using Steam
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hey, maybe its because you guys don't have the English version. Could that be it?
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Can one of you guys send your data3.bar file to me? It'll be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3\bin\data\
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I will download it today, I hope it works for my 32bit pc system
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Someone who is facing the issue with the bad bar file please do PM musketer925 and myself. We have no way of figuring out what is causing this without seeing what is different about the files.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Same problem here.
Never got any problem with all the upgrades since the beginning. It's the first time I get an error with the patch.
I'm running it on windows 10, retail CD with Ekanta mod installed.
Thanks

Edit : I just PM Musketeer925 and _H2O with my Data3.bar file. Thanks
No Flag fichtenweg
Musketeer

Post by fichtenweg »

For me the patch doesnt work from version 1.00.3 and onwards. Installation works, then it says patch gets started in 3... 2... 1...

and then nothing happens.

greetings, Fichtenweg
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

fichtenweg wrote:For me the patch doesnt work from version 1.00.3 and onwards. Installation works, then it says patch gets started in 3... 2... 1...

and then nothing happens.

greetings, Fichtenweg

First of all try restarting your computer, uninstalling the EP through the Add/Remove Program in Control Panel, then downloading EP 1.00.4 here and installing it again.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

and now again it doesnt work gg gj
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

i just don't understand why it works for me np :/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

iNcog wrote:i just don't understand why it works for me np :/

Hard to tell, I have this PC dedicated to this game. Only aoe3 retail cd installed in it, no other apps on windows 10.
It has been flawless since the beginning, until I update this 1.00.4 version.
Apparently my Data3.bar is the issue according the alert window.
Appart from Ekanta, I never installed any mods nor modify this file.
Just strange...