Dutch should have their 3 Hussar card replaced with 4 Hussar

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Dutch should have their 3 Hussar card replaced with 4 Hussar

Post by momuuu »

China's colonial isn't even that bad. I think it's both that their cav is absolute shit and that they age so late that they can't really sit back and boom up a bit.

Which makes me wonder if there possibly is some way to kinda make it work. As in, not going for the extra village and the villager shipment and trying to do something else so that you age quicker.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Marco1698 wrote:Everybody says China 2age is actually bad, but then Garja comes and says the contrary. Garja teach us! So finally w'ill have your same opinions!

Everyone aka you and Diarouga, clearly 2 very experienced players!
Also what I generally add is some extra insight, so don't expect people to straight up agree on that.
Image Image Image
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Garja wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:Everybody says China 2age is actually bad, but then Garja comes and says the contrary. Garja teach us! So finally w'ill have your same opinions!

love you
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:Which makes me wonder if there possibly is some way to kinda make it work. As in, not going for the extra village and the villager shipment and trying to do something else so that you age quicker.

There are several ways to play China colo, from simple unit shipment spam to stagecoach with 300w, to village boom, 700w first for a timing, etc.
The reasons this isn't very popular is both because the ff is strictly better and also because none of those options is particularly sharp.
Image Image Image
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Garja wrote:
Jerom wrote:Which makes me wonder if there possibly is some way to kinda make it work. As in, not going for the extra village and the villager shipment and trying to do something else so that you age quicker.

There are several ways to play China colo, from simple unit shipment spam to stagecoach with 300w, to village boom, 700w first for a timing, etc.
The reasons this isn't very popular is both because the ff is strictly better and also because none of those options is particularly sharp.

where are the summer tournaments recs? I can't find them now, yesterday it worked
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Garja wrote:Actually china age2 is weak just BO wise, in the sense that they don't have a simple way to boom nor can rush very powerfully.
In the long run China colonial is potentially superior to lot of civs. You don't really need musks if you have pike+keshik and you don't need a proper cav unit if you can always challenge the opponent in RI count.

Please, show me how to challenge longbows, abus guns, aennas, yumis, gurkhas or strelets in RI fights with chu ko nu.

Chinese colonial age is terrible and it is not even a question. You just can not possibly counter RI + cav or musk + cav.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Otto, brits and iro are superior colonial civs to China so I don't expect chukonu to win you the game there. Tho chukonu are actually pretty good and cheap so ye it's not even totally impossible. Maybe the only impossible one is otto just because I don't see a way to win fights vs upgraded abus.
As for specific combo, RI+cav should lose to a 3-4 unit combo from China and musk cav should lose to chukonu+pike+keshik.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:Otto, brits and iro are superior colonial civs to China so I don't expect chukonu to win you the game there. Tho chukonu are actually pretty good and cheap so ye it's not even totally impossible. Maybe the only impossible one is otto just because I don't see a way to win fights vs upgraded abus.
As for specific combo, RI+cav should lose to a 3-4 unit combo from China and musk cav should lose to chukonu+pike+keshik.

Yeah but sadly most civs won't play colonial but ff/semi ff ;)
Otherwise yeah, I also think china could beat a musk/huss in colo.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Otto, brits and iro are superior colonial civs to China so I don't expect chukonu to win you the game there. Tho chukonu are actually pretty good and cheap so ye it's not even totally impossible. Maybe the only impossible one is otto just because I don't see a way to win fights vs upgraded abus.

Yeah but sadly most civs won't play colonial but ff/semi ff ;)
Otherwise yeah, I also think china could beat a musk/huss in colo.

Mitoe says you can't win witouth cav vs china colonial, I saw him beat skirm pike with chukonu steppe
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:

Also what I generally add is some extra insight, so don't expect people to straight up agree on that.

Tell 'em G'!