Finding ESOC games

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Finding ESOC games

Post by musketeer925 »

Hey everyone. We all know finding games on the ESOC Patch isn't the easiest thing in the world, so I want to hear some community feedback on that topic. What kind of a system would you think the best way to get a game easily?

Some of the things I've thought of, to give you an idea:

- A page on this site that shows a list of users online on the EP, which can be filtered by rank, etc. (obviously users would be able to opt out of appearing here)
- A similar page that shows list of games currently hosted on the EP
- Maybe some kind of notification system. When you're in-game, you could get little overlay notifications of people launching the patch (of course, opt-in for those users), similar to Steam's a friend is online notification.
- Some kind of easily accessible chat channel to find people looking for an EP game.

Things that wouldn't be possible:
- Changing the ESO friends list to display a different icon for EP users

Something else that occurs to me that I didn't really include in these ideas is that often I'd like to play an EP game, but since no one is online that I know of, I switch to RE and play a game. It'd be great if I could somehow notify other users that I'm looking for an EP game even though I'm actually on RE at the time. While we have a thread for posting when someone's looking for a game, it's definitely not the best solution.

What kind of system do you think would be most ideal?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Re: Finding ESOC games

Post by n0el »

Can you make a permanent chat room for EP play on eso?
mad cuz bad
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Unfortunately there's no way to maintain a permanent chat room without there people people in it all the time -- the chat rooms is handled on ESO server-side.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

All of these sound awesome. Don't make me decide which of your ideas is better than the next!!

With that said, I suppose you should heavily factor in the workload required for the respective mechanisms.

As for your final thought, how about something akin to your first idea?
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

You should just make something on the launcher that shows how much people are in the game from the launcher something like the aoe 3 eso server status ?
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I think that any of the ideas would be great but I personally like the first one the best. Knowing if someone was online at my rank would be really cool. Also might help people find new mates. . .

As a possible improvement to the idea, would it be possible to also show the status of people online? Specifically whether they were in-game and when their last game finished (so you could make a judgement call on whether they were afk or not).
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

A shoutbox. How hard is it to add a shoutbox to this site? Even neuron made one on a temporary site while this one was down, kek

A shoutbox is great because you can easily ask if anyone is up for a game without having to post in a thread or sit in a game room for 30 mins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think a shoutbox would be nice. Just a permanent twitch chat. I often just watch streams to chat with people in the chat there, its like my favorite way to waste time.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

A chat would be great, it could even be like how some website have it where there's constantly a tab on the side of your screen and you can click it to open the chat in a new window.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ovi12 wrote:A chat would be great, it could even be like how some website have it where there's constantly a tab on the side of your screen and you can click it to open the chat in a new window.

+1
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

A chat may help but I don't see why you would need that in the first place if there is no need for that on the RE patch...
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Because until the user-base becomes more self-sustainable, finding games on EP is a lot harder than finding games on RE patch.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Yes and that would make sense from a game theory standpoint if everyone was fuckin idiotic. Now, if everyone turn on its brain and start using the EP exclusively instead of 5 min on EP and then loggin back to RE patch, then maybe you would notice the opposite situation in which you play np on the ESOC patch and don't find games on RE.

But ye if the chat can help sure, just I think people will still do the same, check if anyone is on EP and then go back on RE.
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

The reason I can't find any currently is because the players are devided between 3 versions of the patch.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Garja wrote:A chat may help but I don't see why you would need that in the first place if there is no need for that on the RE patch...

Because the finding games is not the only point of the chat, a chat also enables users to just talk to each other and is another reason to visit ESOC
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Fair point.
On the other hand, the more you chat the less you play, so back to the originary problem.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

A chat would be nice. Iv gotten tired of hosting a 1x1 for 20 minutes and getting noone on EP when I can get one on Re in under 2 minutes. I only play on re now unless I see a EP game, but a permanent chat box could change that.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I wonder if it could be possible to embed the twich chat somewhere on the site. That could serve as a shout-box, very easy to use since everyone mostly likely already has a twitch account.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:I wonder if it could be possible to embed the twich chat somewhere on the site. That could serve as a shout-box, very easy to use since everyone mostly likely already has a twitch account.

You'd be seitz'd...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Yes and that would make sense from a game theory standpoint if everyone was fuckin idiotic. Now, if everyone turn on its brain and start using the EP exclusively instead of 5 min on EP and then loggin back to RE patch, then maybe you would notice the opposite situation in which you play np on the ESOC patch and don't find games on RE.

But ye if the chat can help sure, just I think people will still do the same, check if anyone is on EP and then go back on RE.

Unfortunately that is not yet the case, hence initiatives such as this are more or less worthwhile.