Can't we fix those starting hunts

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Can't we fix those starting hunts

Post by Kaiserklein »

On TAD maps and some maps of the EP, you can't herd your starting hunt, because the animals are kinda stuck. Well you can try, but it's really awkward and random. Is there any use to this ? Because to me it just means that a better starting macro isn't rewarded, and that it increases the luck factor about the spawn of starting hunts (you lose even more resources by walking than when you can herd the hunt, due to bad luck). If there is no reason to keep it, could we possibly remove it ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Re: Can't we fix those starting hunts

Post by deuxballesman »

Kaiserklein wrote:On TAD maps and some maps of the EP, you can't herd your starting hunt, because the animals are kinda stuck. Well you can try, but it's really awkward and random. Is there any use to this ? Because to me it just means that a better starting macro isn't rewarded, and that it increases the luck factor about the spawn of starting hunts (you lose even more resources by walking than when you can herd the hunt, due to bad luck). If there is no reason to keep it, could we possibly remove it ?

+1
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

amen
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

It was put there to help newer players and I doubt this can be removed or tweaked.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:It was put there to help newer players and I doubt this can be removed or tweaked.

It's nice to help newer players but if you have these hunts in a competitive game it just helps the worse player... Which is not what we want. You shouldn't get helped, just reward the better macro.
I think this can be removed because my love Rikikipu once told me the way the starting hunt behaves is explicity coded
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I agree, should be fixed. Or all old maps get booted and Garja and Rikikipu make enough new maps to fill in for more variety.
mad cuz bad
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye it is intended to be that way. As long as it is 4 animals it shouldn't be a problem btw, and it is a different way of microing animals.
For the record from the next update Siberia will have closer starting animals.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Ye it is intended to be that way. As long as it is 4 animals it shouldn't be a problem btw, and it is a different way of microing animals.
For the record from the next update Siberia will have closer starting animals.

Ok but I don't get what there is to micro when you get this kind of starting hunt. You can try to herd a bit but it's so slow and the animals walk in such a random direction...