make ESOC the official AOE 3 patch?

No Flag johnl5r3w9
Crossbow

make ESOC the official AOE 3 patch?

Post by johnl5r3w9 »

Hey everyone,

First I'd like to give my heart felt thanks to all the people who were involved in creation of the ESOC patch.

As a game ages, its player base tends to decline, and without the dedicated care of professional developers, it is only a matter of time before it is forever left in the dust. I've only started playing this game competitively in the last year or so, and it is unfortunate that I have missed the golden age for AOE 3 when there would be more than 1k player online at anytime on ESO, none the less, its community is still alive, and through the care and efforts of some notable people, things like tournaments and new contents are still being made available for all of us. I think for that, we can all say to you, a heart felt thanks.

The efforts made by the community to create the ESOC patch is a testament to what we are willing to do to make sure our favorite game will still be alive and thrive, my concern however, is that it seems that a majority of ESO users have not yet adopted the ESOC patch as a default, but instead, they still chose to play games using the Robot Entertainment patch.

My question is: are there efforts being made by the community to contact Microsoft, or whoever it is that is supposed to be officially managing this game, to formally adopt the ESOC patch as the standard? In the game's main menu, under "Help and Tools", there is an option to "Update Game", however, that option only updates you to the unbalanced Robot Entertainment patch, wouldn't it be a good idea to have the ESOC patch as the standard that everyone must download in order to play on ESO?

I hope efforts are being made to make this happen, I feel this would be the only way for our game to grow and thrive as it ages
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: make ESOC the official AOE 3 patch?

Post by momuuu »

This is not possible. Some combination of the microsoft policy of not using content without paying for it and the fact that they dont give a shit about this game.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:This is not possible. Some combination of the microsoft policy of not using content without paying for it and the fact that they dont give a shit about this game.

Pretty much.

However, OP, you must realize that just because the game isn't being played on the official patch doesn't mean that it's necessarily "dead". Far from it.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I even asked Ryz0n two or three times, and after he gave the same answer three times in a row I stopped hoping.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

he got fired because he said no
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.