Patch Balances?!

No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Re: Patch Balances?!

Post by enjoy2play »

lol

bring up arguments? i said some things which are clearly op and no one can say this isnt true. why u think btw no one plays on the patch? the patch is great, but the balances are clearly shit. there are on every skill lvl 10xtimes more games on RE then on patch, what is really sad. the only reason why i play on patch are the maps, which are btw great job garja, thanks for that.

this all doesnt change the fact, that this game is dead.
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

enjoy2play wrote:this all doesnt change the fact, that this game is dead.

Weird for a 'dead' game to have a $1000 tourney going on at this moment + $100 betting competition + thousands of new steam users.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

enjoy2play wrote:lol

bring up arguments? i said some things which are clearly op and no one can say this isnt true. why u think btw no one plays on the patch? the patch is great, but the balances are clearly shit. there are on every skill lvl 10xtimes more games on RE then on patch, what is really sad. the only reason why i play on patch are the maps, which are btw great job garja, thanks for that.

The main reason by far is that it takes intelligence and minimal effort. Of course it is unrealistic to achieve a breakthrough in adoption in such a short time, especially with the technical difficulties we've been suffering and with lack of OSX (MAC) support).

If you think this game is dead, you definition of death is radically different from mine.

Now do us all (including yourself) a favor and please explain in a brief but respectful manner in what way precisely balance is worse on EP than on RE. I think most everyone will agree balance is far from perfect, but I have a hard time accepting that it would be worse.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Changes of FP:
- Iroquois are overnerfed. - - -
- Portuguese are significantly better. + + +
- Dutch are OP in team games. - - -
- ESOC maps. + + + + +
- Couple fixes here and there. +
- Community split. - - - - -

That's about it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

yurashic wrote:Changes of FP:
- Iroquois are overnerfed. - - - not at all
- Portuguese are significantly better. + + + they are but not sure if that's even so positive in the end
- Dutch are OP in team games. - - -
- ESOC maps. + + + + +
- Couple fixes here and there. +
- Community split. - - - - - the community is split just because some refuse to play on this patch consistently

That's about it.

I lolled because you seem mad because of some loss, rather than real balance concern. Personally, I already answered to your point on unit balance.
To summarize:
- cuirs are OP in late game yes, yet direct counters can beat them for good part of each game. Something will be done after more impellent stuff will be fixed first.
- port goons are overrated in my opinion. I see the OPness of having a 20range super fast unit but people really fail to play against it aswell. Same as cuirs, something will be done at due time.
- old han are imo the most broken units atleast in terms of cards-invested-in-the-unit/OPness. Will be fixed at some point (hopefully before other stuff).
- yumi are OP with upgrades. Upgrades will probably nerfed somewhere in the future.

Because there are atleast 3-4 other OP units in late game the concern on this apsect of balance isn't as urgent as other 1v1 stuff.

I agree the game can be defined as "dead" but that has nothing to do with the EP.
Image Image Image
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

Patch is bad because the community is split.
Community is split because the patch is bad.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

Wuangaga wrote:Patch is bad because the community is split.
Community is split because the patch is bad.

Looks like we're stuck here.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Community is split because people are lazy. I haven't played a single hosted game on RE patch since the EP release.
Image Image Image
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Garja wrote:Community is split because people are lazy.

+1
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well and the patch apperantly doesnt warrant the effort for many people.

I mean Im lazy but if theres a hot girl waiting for me upstairs Im certainly not too lazy to walk up those stairs you know.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Jerom wrote:Well and the patch apperantly doesnt warrant the effort for many people.

I mean Im lazy but if theres a hot girl waiting for me upstairs Im certainly not too lazy to walk up those stairs you know.

One more problem is that people generally don't like/are afraid of changes. It AOE III case it is expected because we had some fp patches earlier. I am referring to age of sanctuary patch which completely standardized civs and ruined gameplay. That's what i first thought about this one, until i read patch log and found out who stands behind this project. For first time since official devs dropped support, AOE III is in good hands. Least i could expect from this patch is to reduce tier number from 5 to three, or even two if it is possible. Anyway it can't get any worse than RE patch for sure....
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

anyone talking about the "dedgaem" is talking out of their ass so much in the end you're just talking shit for no reason
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

i guess u just talk shit for no reason, or where are ur facts that? try to find a game on the primetime on EP, hf gl.
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Do you find games on the RE patch tho?
Image Image Image
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

not many more on RE, but i said this game is dead so what u wanna say to me?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

enjoy2play wrote:i guess u just talk shit for no reason, or where are ur facts that? try to find a game on the primetime on EP, hf gl.

i find games easily, lol
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Atomiswave wrote:
Jerom wrote:Well and the patch apperantly doesnt warrant the effort for many people.

One more problem is that people generally don't like/are afraid of changes. It AOE III case it is expected because we had some fp patches earlier. I am referring to age of sanctuary patch which completely standardized civs and ruined gameplay. That's what i first thought about this one, until i read patch log and found out who stands behind this project. For first time since official devs dropped support, AOE III is in good hands. Least i could expect from this patch is to reduce tier number from 5 to three, or even two if it is possible. Anyway it can't get any worse than RE patch for sure....

Completely standardized the civs is a gross excaggeration. It changed up some civs a little bit and you could speak of a musk meta (even though they buffed xbows a bit). I dont remember all the changes, but the only thing they really did was make ports and spain somewhat frenchish (which was unfortunate yeah). Thing is that india and japan became quite weak, and that china turned into a colonial civ, albeit pretty unique. The result really was that there were quite a lot of musk civs (4-5 instead of 2-3) but that doesnt mean they completely standardized the civs. Just spain and ports became a bit dull. Although ports could still semi and has always been somewhat standard.