Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks?

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks?

Post by Atomiswave »

Does ep team plan to rebalance explorers? What do experts think, do some of them need changes?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks

Post by thebritish »

i think giving them +1x multiplier vs guardians is good.
you can also nerf their attack by 1, so they will be worse vs other units, and give them 1x multipleir to guardians to make them stronger vs guardians
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

thebritish wrote:i think giving them +1x multiplier vs guardians is good.
you can also nerf their attack by 1, so they will be worse vs other units, and give them 1x multipleir to guardians to make them stronger vs guardians

You would do that for all 14 explorers, regardless their special ability, starting HP, dam values, etc?! I think it's not way to go, because there is big discrepancy between twc/asian and nilla civs.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

whats the difference?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Atomiswave wrote:Does ep team plans to do something with explorers? What do experts think, do some of them need changes?

I don't think any explorers need changes other than the various bugs associated with their stances. You could say sioux hero is way too strong for example, which it is, but that is part of the uniqueness of the civ so I don't think it should be changed.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:Does ep team plans to do something with explorers? What do experts think, do some of them need changes?

I don't think any explorers need changes other than the various bugs associated with their stances. You could say sioux hero is way too strong for example, which it is, but that is part of the uniqueness of the civ so I don't think it should be changed.

In terms of balance TWC explorers are op, especially sioux, but like you said that's part of their uniqueness. The point i wanted to make is can they be tweaked tp be little less op?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Atomiswave wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

In terms of balance TWC explorers are op, especially sioux, but like you said that's part of their uniqueness. The point i wanted to make is can they be tweaked tp be little less op?

The iro warchief has already been nerfed, sioux is no longer a super strong civ after the br nerf, so nerfing their explorer isn't really necessary and for aztec, the main problem is just the cover mode bug.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I'd only remove the snare on the Sioux explorer, but the rest of the explorers are fine. Maybe only allow it to snare other explorers.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

nerf the old chinese mofo
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The iro warchief has already been nerfed, sioux is no longer a super strong civ after the br nerf, so nerfing their explorer isn't really necessary and for aztec, the main problem is just the cover mode bug.

Reducing Spanish explorer war dogs price from 75 to 70 or 65 may be good idea. That way dogs will be more cost effective, and at the same time we all know that Spain needs more buffs.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

allow Spain to be build more dogs
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

thebritish wrote:allow Spain to be build more dogs

Or reduce train time. One of concerns with war dogs buff is that Spain's explorer will be even more effective in treasure collecting/scouting. For lower price almost everybody will build one more dog at start, and with 2 dogs you can easily collect most heavily guarded treasures.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Cover mode on melee explorers is truly insane, and the sioux explorer having snare is overkill imo.

But that's also part of the civs I suppose so it's fine really.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

sounds a little noobish, but what does that snare effect?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:sounds a little noobish, but what does that snare effect?

you know when units fight a unit in melee, it is slowed down? That's what we call the snare effect.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

I don't see the problem.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:sounds a little noobish, but what does that snare effect?

you know when units fight a unit in melee, it is slowed down? That's what we call the snare effect.

oh, so thats what you call snare effect.
didnt knew there is a name for slowing down units :D
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks?

Post by Hazza54321 »

Get rid off cover mode for melle explorers that is literally bs with china tanking 3000hp worth of shots
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

That's the only good thing of a meele infantry unit tho.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:That's the only good thing of a meele infantry unit tho.

He has more hp and has critical hitsand can spawn diciples, plus it compliments chinas melle comno
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Which bug is that?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

its was giving 15% attack and HP (aura). Now it gives 10% attack and HP afaik.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think we could remove the snare for the sioux explo yeah... It's just so broken. I wouldn't reduce the price of the spanish dogs, maybe rather buff their stats (if they indeed need a buff), because making them cheaper would make spain even better in age 1 on good treasures maps, which imo is kinda luck-based. I mean, if you find the 225f treasure and just train 2 dogs for like 130f, you just earn 95f + 2 dogs and lose almost no hp. It would be more broken than now, I don't like when we increase the differences between different maps

ovi12 wrote:Which bug is that?

If your azzie hero dies in cover mode, then when he is revived he will have a normal speed/attack, but still have the cover mode +50% range resist...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:I think we could remove the snare for the sioux explo yeah... It's just so broken. I wouldn't reduce the price of the spanish dogs, maybe rather buff their stats (if they indeed need a buff), because making them cheaper would make spain even better in age 1 on good treasures maps, which imo is kinda luck-based. I mean, if you find the 225f treasure and just train 2 dogs for like 130f, you just earn 95f + 2 dogs and lose almost no hp. It would be more broken than now, I don't like when we increase the differences between different maps

ovi12 wrote:Which bug is that?

If your azzie hero dies in cover mode, then when he is revived he will have a normal speed/attack, but still have the cover mode +50% range resist...

or maybe just increase their build limit (from 5 to 10). Or make them 4 in discovery and +2 dogs build limit for every age up. (same for china too)
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

is there any hand unit which does not have snaring effect?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...