Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Explorer buffs/nerfs/tweaks?

Post by Kaiserklein »

_DB_ wrote:is there any hand unit which does not have snaring effect?

Spanish dogs, all pets converted by twc heros, all pets tamed from treasures, the dutch envoy, the jap and indian heros, pirates from the saloon (it's a bug), the iroquois tomahawk you can get from treasures (if you put it in melee mode it won't snare), disciples, villagers, the mongol scout on mongolia. Probs forgot a couple ones, but it's basically a lot of units available in age 1. I think war wagons put in melee mode don't snare either, not 100% sure about that.
Ah also treasures guards don't snare your explorer
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

don't change sioux explo that's part of the civ to have op explo, or if you do then nerf that china explo also, but again that wouldn't make much sense. I believe the br nerf was enough of a change for sioux, and I still want to see france players crying when I find their scout with my Young Brother
buff spanish dogs could be interesting. I wouldn't buff their stats (at least not the damage) but make them cheaper actually, otherwise it would be messed up in team game. Like reduce to 55-60.
But again, I don't believe those are the changes that are really needed at the moment.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

As far as I know, aside from WC auras, explorer type units will not be touched.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

The Chinese monk should be though. He's way too tanky in fortress and after.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Kaiserklein wrote:
_DB_ wrote:is there any hand unit which does not have snaring effect?

Spanish dogs, all pets converted by twc heros, all pets tamed from treasures, the dutch envoy, the jap and indian heros, pirates from the saloon (it's a bug), the iroquois tomahawk you can get from treasures (if you put it in melee mode it won't snare), disciples, villagers, the mongol scout on mongolia. Probs forgot a couple ones, but it's basically a lot of units available in age 1. I think war wagons put in melee mode don't snare either, not 100% sure about that.
Ah also treasures guards don't snare your explorer

Ah

I think then Howdah in melee mode don't snare too (it has 1 radius)
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

The European ransom explorer shouldn't be instant and made the same as the Asian civs so they can't lame 3000HP tanks anymore.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Panmaster wrote:The European ransom explorer shouldn't be instant and made the same as the Asian civs so they can't lame 3000HP tanks anymore.

Its a civ design
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Kaiserklein wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Which bug is that?

If your azzie hero dies in cover mode, then when he is revived he will have a normal speed/attack, but still have the cover mode +50% range resist...
There is no true solution to fix this bug as this is a unit stance issue with a revivable unit. This bug also applies to the Chinese monk (confirmed) and in theory, though I've never tested it, the Sioux and Indian explorers as well in trample mode (lol trample mode). No solution exists to fix this bug currently. One work around to balance this would be to remove the cover mode all together. Another option is to come to a sort of middle ground where the explorers speed is increased to normal speed in cover mode, keeping their attack halved as normal, but a reduction in their ranged resistance (30% instead of 50%). Both solutions could change game meta. Neither is desireable, but second method would be recommended currently.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

iCourt wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Which bug is that?

If your azzie hero dies in cover mode, then when he is revived he will have a normal speed/attack, but still have the cover mode +50% range resist...
There is no true solution to fix this bug as this is a unit stance issue with a revivable unit. This bug also applies to the Chinese monk (confirmed) and in theory, though I've never tested it, the Sioux and Indian explorers as well in trample mode (lol trample mode). No solution exists to fix this bug currently. One work around to balance this would be to remove the cover mode all together. Another option is to come to a sort of middle ground where the explorers speed is increased to normal speed in cover mode, keeping their attack halved as normal, but a reduction in their ranged resistance (30% instead of 50%). Both solutions could change game meta. Neither is desireable, but second method would be recommended currently.

If possible to remove only azzi/chinise explorer's cover mode i would recommand that. I saw chinise explorer has 1125 hp, azzi has around the same in age 3. Eu explorers have 650 health. No need to buff them with +30% ranged resistance.
Plus they arent even heavy infantry i think so they just tank any kind of damage in a battle.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Dsy wrote:If possible to remove only azzi/chinise explorer's cover mode i would recommand that. I saw chinise explorer has 1125 hp, azzi has around the same in age 3. Eu explorers have 650 health. No need to buff them with +30% ranged resistance.
Plus they arent even heavy infantry i think so they just tank any kind of damage in a battle.

They are infantry, just not heavy infantry. So basically they don't get rekt by skirms, but falcs and all lancer type units will have a multiplier vs them. In fact I didn't check, but they might just be exactly the same unit type as skirms (tagged as "infantry", "ranged infantry", and "gunpowder unit")
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..