Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by iCourt »

_NiceKING_ wrote:124. A very rare first person view caused by using certain hotkey combinations while in home city view. (No known solution. Rare bug, and going to options menu fixes view.)

Happens to me sometimes
Hotkeys are honestly one of the worst implemented things in the game after perhaps unit stances. They cause many of the bugs, and most can't be easily fixed. The first person or cinematic view is caused by using a hotkey combination. In my particular case it's while holding apple-shift-h in the home city view. Other people use other combinations and still experience the bug. The only real solution I've come up with is not to use multi-key hotkeys while in the home city view. This is something I've been trying to patch but I still can't find the root cause. It is possible it's a lingering bug from development, a command override, but I'm only speculating.

thebritish wrote:Please change your profile pic
Nah I'm good.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

thebritish wrote:You are not. Please change your profile pic. It reminds me of one guy.
I just don't seem to care.

Please stop spamming this thread. Stay on topic with game bugs.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Really, every post in this topic by thebritiah should be deleted, he is not mentioning bugs, but balance..
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Added some more hotkey bugs. Most the hotkey and unit stance bugs are only fixable by changing the .bar file. Overrides in data folder will only override available options, but never add. Example: you can replace find barracks to find barracks/war hut/war academy/blockhouse, however you can't add this hotkey to the bottom of the hotkey list unless you edit it into the .bar file.

Thus things like the Agra Fort hotkeys can't be added unless you take away a hotkey, or edit the .bar file.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I see 3 bins that all these can fall into:

1. Fix
2. Do not fix (affects balance)
3. Do not fix (not enough value to spend time / testing on)
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I never understood why game designers added Light Infantry chategorie to the game. They should be all taged as meele cav... Mechanics could be much easier.

I mean Coyoter runner should be hand cav. I think there are some other units like this should be simple hand cav, not light infantry.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

_H2O wrote:I see 3 bins that all these can fall into:

1. Fix

Most are easy to patch. Sound files and card fixes are easy. I actually have most of the fixes applied to one of my back up drives. Would just require extracting them, and then picking and choosing what ones you'd like to use. Mostly plug and play.

Card, sound, and, animation bugs would be my personal choice to be fixed in the patch. They'd also be the least intrusive with most hardly noticing.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

iCourt wrote:
_H2O wrote:I see 3 bins that all these can fall into:

1. Fix

Most are easy to patch. Sound files and card fixes are easy. I actually have most of the fixes applied to one of my back up drives. Would just require extracting them, and then picking and choosing what ones you'd like to use. Mostly plug and play.

Card, sound, and, animation bugs would be my personal choice to be fixed in the patch. They'd also be the least intrusive with most hardly noticing.

You made quite a list, i hope devs will at least fix some of them, especially with your offered help.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

iCourt wrote:Good to know. This is something that may have been fixed on RE patch. I'll strike it out.

Added lines 120-122 with a strike just as a reference. This was fixed on AS FP 1.0 and it appears to be fixed on ESOC FP 1.0.0.

I don't think it was ever solved. It always did decrease attack, just not by half...
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Well the patch team can always feel free to ask me for the fixes.

My opinion is if you can convince the less experienced players to start playing on the patch with promises of bug fixes and anti cheat features, you could really get a following on the patch. Noobs may not understand balance changes nor care. But they do recognize cheating, and they do understand to some extent that bugs exist in the game. Promoting and trying to fix those problems are bigger deals to players than perhaps wall hitpoints or bank build point XP.

zoom wrote:
iCourt wrote:Good to know. This is something that may have been fixed on RE patch. I'll strike it out.

Added lines 120-122 with a strike just as a reference. This was fixed on AS FP 1.0 and it appears to be fixed on ESOC FP 1.0.0.

I don't think it was ever solved. It always did decrease attack, just not by half...
Then that would make it a debatable change. All other infantry have their attack halved. Could change game meta (but unlikely). That would be a change you'd leave for the balance team, but it's still left on the list for a reference point. Changdao attack has been changed several times through the years, and this is most likely a stat change that was missed.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'm not arguing against the bug fix; only pointing out that you are mistaken about the bug itself.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

You are correct. I'll reword it and remove the strike out.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

iCourt wrote:My opinion is... bug fixes and anti-cheat features... could really get a following on the patch...

Word.

Balance changes are for the one-percenters.

Anti-cheat features are nice, but if you play with friends and/or don't get too hung up about your win/loss ratio then it doesn't really matter.

But The People always want more quality.

A. 'Hey, download EP'
B. 'Why?'
A. 'It's alot less buggy'
B. 'Cool, OK'

This is lot's of small changes adding up to a nice big quality bonus. I'd love to help, but unfortunately I don't have time to spare :lol:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Nice list.

I'd like to add the fact that comancheros have a 1 ROF melee attack (my patent for this finding), which is already funny, but also a siege attack type (!) when put in melee mode (Ovi's patent).
I already said that somewhere, but pirate outlaws from the saloon don't snare when they attack, and their speed isn't halved in cover mode.
We also found out with ovi that spies/ninjas lose only approx 100 hp when they get crackshot by an explorer, instead of dying... Weird shit
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

briowl wrote:
iCourt wrote:My opinion is... bug fixes and anti-cheat features... could really get a following on the patch...

Word.

Balance changes are for the one-percenters.

Anti-cheat features are nice, but if you play with friends and/or don't get too hung up about your win/loss ratio then it doesn't really matter.

But The People always want more quality.

A. 'Hey, download EP'
B. 'Why?'
A. 'It's alot less buggy'
B. 'Cool, OK'

This is lot's of small changes adding up to a nice big quality bonus. I'd love to help, but unfortunately I don't have time to spare :lol:

Interesting... Can you list a few changes which would make you (or your friends) more readily adopt the ESOC Patch?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

now fix?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

iNcog wrote:Interesting... Can you list a few changes which would make you (or your friends) more readily adopt the ESOC Patch?
These would be my picks as being the most influential among lower ranked players. In particular the animation files for some of the native units. Another big one would be the revive explorer bug. Add in the anti-cheat functions on the patch currently and it should appeal to a wider demographic. Just my opinion. It's not my patch, pick and choose what you'd like to fix.

[spoiler=Click to Read]5. Buildings can garrison Fishing Boats if close enough to the water. This affects the following buildings: Town Center, Outpost, Blockhouse, Fort, Castle, Village, Asian Outpost, War Hut, Nobles' Hut, and Agra Fort. (Exploitable)

8. FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian can currently garrison units. (Exploitable)

42. TEAM Wool Staple Ports doesn't work properly with livestock fattening, and is missing bonus for Sacred Fields. (Complaint with treaty players if I'm not mistaken)

71. Explorer Revive using hotkeys. (Solution change tactics for explorer to new custom tactics that are exactly the same with no hotkeys attached to them. This means all units except explorers will have unit tactic and explorers will no longer revive. Bug is present in Vanilla as well if you add hotkeys to the explorers. Only possible way is to remove hotkeys to the units in the .bar file.) (Recommended Change) (Exploitable)

88. TEAM Early Dragoons does not enable German War Wagons or Aztec Eagle Runner Knights.

107. xpTomahawk throws a musket ball instead of a tomahawk. (Solution is to use Vanilla Native tomahawks attack animation.) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

108. Native Settlers throw musket balls. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

114. Aztec Eagle Knight holds a spear but shoots arrows. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

118. TWC and TAD were released with low resolution flag icons. While at release the resolution was unnoticeable, with newer screens it's easy to notice how poor in quality these flags are compared to the Vanilla flag icons. Same applies to revolution flags. (Solution is to retexture and skin the current icons, or use "HD flag" mods that currently exist. Using mod would save hours of work since the results would be virtually identical.) (Debatable change)

127. Flare Allies button is missing a hotkey. (3 solutions exist to fix this. First is using a User.con file to override a hotkey button, this however is not ideal and is harder for less experienced players to understand. Second would be removing a hotkey that is hardly used from the list and replacing it with the Flare Allies hotkey. This is also not ideal as some people may use all hotkeys or at least have them mapped namely the treaty community. Third solution would be to edit the .bar file and increase the number of allowable hotkeys, without removing anything be the easiest solution for all players. This however would make the download for the patch much larger.)

130. Eject Villagers from Town Center hotkey should be set to universal for all buildings. Thus all units could be ejected from any building or boat using the same hotkey. (Solution is even easier than above. Just set the eject button to a game world option.)[/spoiler]
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:8. FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian can currently garrison units. (Exploitable)

What do you mean by this?
You can garrison vills in fishing boats?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Correct. Allows you to cross a map like Amazonia or Caribbean in no time.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Lol I use this all the time. I'll go through and give view on all the bugs in this list maybe :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iCourt wrote:
iNcog wrote:Interesting... Can you list a few changes which would make you (or your friends) more readily adopt the ESOC Patch?
These would be my picks as being the most influential among lower ranked players. In particular the animation files for some of the native units. Another big one would be the revive explorer bug. Add in the anti-cheat functions on the patch currently and it should appeal to a wider demographic. Just my opinion. It's not my patch, pick and choose what you'd like to fix.

[spoiler=Click to Read]5. Buildings can garrison Fishing Boats if close enough to the water. This affects the following buildings: Town Center, Outpost, Blockhouse, Fort, Castle, Village, Asian Outpost, War Hut, Nobles' Hut, and Agra Fort. (Exploitable)

8. FishingBoat/ypFishingBoatAsian can currently garrison units. (Exploitable)

42. TEAM Wool Staple Ports doesn't work properly with livestock fattening, and is missing bonus for Sacred Fields. (Complaint with treaty players if I'm not mistaken)

71. Explorer Revive using hotkeys. (Solution change tactics for explorer to new custom tactics that are exactly the same with no hotkeys attached to them. This means all units except explorers will have unit tactic and explorers will no longer revive. Bug is present in Vanilla as well if you add hotkeys to the explorers. Only possible way is to remove hotkeys to the units in the .bar file.) (Recommended Change) (Exploitable)

88. TEAM Early Dragoons does not enable German War Wagons or Aztec Eagle Runner Knights.

107. xpTomahawk throws a musket ball instead of a tomahawk. (Solution is to use Vanilla Native tomahawks attack animation.) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

108. Native Settlers throw musket balls. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

114. Aztec Eagle Knight holds a spear but shoots arrows. (Solution change animation to Native Eagle Warrior) (This is an animation file change and wont have an effect on the units balance or upgrades that effect it.) (Recommended Change) (Successfully added in FP 1.3 for Mac)

118. TWC and TAD were released with low resolution flag icons. While at release the resolution was unnoticeable, with newer screens it's easy to notice how poor in quality these flags are compared to the Vanilla flag icons. Same applies to revolution flags. (Solution is to retexture and skin the current icons, or use "HD flag" mods that currently exist. Using mod would save hours of work since the results would be virtually identical.) (Debatable change)

127. Flare Allies button is missing a hotkey. (3 solutions exist to fix this. First is using a User.con file to override a hotkey button, this however is not ideal and is harder for less experienced players to understand. Second would be removing a hotkey that is hardly used from the list and replacing it with the Flare Allies hotkey. This is also not ideal as some people may use all hotkeys or at least have them mapped namely the treaty community. Third solution would be to edit the .bar file and increase the number of allowable hotkeys, without removing anything be the easiest solution for all players. This however would make the download for the patch much larger.)

130. Eject Villagers from Town Center hotkey should be set to universal for all buildings. Thus all units could be ejected from any building or boat using the same hotkey. (Solution is even easier than above. Just set the eject button to a game world option.)[/spoiler]

I doubt lower ranks are aware of those two bugs with fishing boats tho. I mean, probs even most of pr 30+ don't know about it, tho they have much more experience about the game...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Most probably don't know about it, but definitely causes them to claim cheating when they see it happening as it is an unintentional bug. Which in all fairness could be argued as such the same reviving the explorer is a glitch exploit. Fishing boats were never meant to transport units and Town Centers were never meant to garrison boats either. You have to use the UI garrison button for it to work.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

iNcog wrote: Interesting... Can you list a few changes which would make you (or your friends) more readily adopt the ESOC Patch?

Sure. Like I say there are quite a few subtle changes here that when taken altogether, would improve the quality and feel of the game.

And a higher quality product will always have better uptake.

As noted anything that affects the gameplay should be sent for review to the balance team, so...

[spoiler=spoiler]1) Any incorrect naming, icons or descriptions, plus any bad spelling and the low res flags. 13, 16, 25, 27, 28, 29, 41, 62, 63, 66, and 118. The peeps who put these in might spot others.

2) Missing sound and animation files 73 - 83 and 107, 108 and 114.

3) Anything that doesn't objectively make any sense even if it's not in the current meta. 2, 3, 49, 72, 90, 99.

4) 117. Just because you bought a game in a certain market doesn't mean you share your cultural heritage with that market. Game designers of the period weren't as tuned into these types of issues but new games are, so why not close that gap.

5) More Hotkeys are always preferable to less. 128-130.

And if you'll let me add on of my own... Patrol doesn't work for spies in stealth mode.[/spoiler]
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

briowl wrote:And if you'll let me add on of my own... Patrol doesn't work for spies in stealth mode.

Not sure this is a true bug. This sounds more like a conflict error, as patrol sets the unit into an attack move type stance if I remember correctly. Thus it'd have to jump out of stealth because it's trying to attack whatever it comes across as well. Would have to test with native scouts and shinobi as well I'd presume. Not sure there is a fix for that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iCourt wrote:
briowl wrote:And if you'll let me add on of my own... Patrol doesn't work for spies in stealth mode.

Not sure this is a true bug. This sounds more like a conflict error, as patrol sets the unit into an attack move type stance if I remember correctly. Thus it'd have to jump out of stealth because it's trying to attack whatever it comes across as well. Would have to test with native scouts and shinobi as well I'd presume. Not sure there is a fix for that.

iCourt... now that's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. SirCallen from gameranger if you remember me. Nice to hear from you!