Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:Well, to be honest they can be quite misleading. One may think it's a coin treasure, which can be important in the early game when you plan to research hunting dogs or something and need that little gold tweak, but may find himself mistaken. Also, it's a proper bug I assume, that's why I posted it :) Other treasures may be poorly designed indeed (although to be honest I can't recall any being terrible-looking), but this one is just misleading.

Working as intended; off topic.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

zoom wrote:Working as intended
Exactly. The treasures are meant to represent generic treasure. The value of that treasure wether it be food, gold, or XP is irrelevant to what the treasures look like.

This was designed this way, and while its again somewhat bad show, it would be a lot of work to fix this since there are a lot of treasures that are misleading. If I was designing the game I'd have done all of this differently but alas... It is part of the game play to check treasure values regardless of what it looks like.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sure, I just wanted to point that out in the proper thread. I don't think other treasures are as misleading as these ones. Tents and wagons don't show any resources, while these XP treasures show coin. Of course you should always check, but if you see a treasure showing gold and guarded by one animal, you can estimate it has let's say 30ā€”60 coin, which is not the case here.
Nevertheless, I get your point about the work needed to fix that. Thanks for having a look at it!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

If you wanted to point that out in the proper thread you should have looked for another thread.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

zoom wrote:Working as intended; off topic.

Could b
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

zoom wrote:If you wanted to point that out in the proper thread you should have looked for another thread.

Isn't it a bug? Or are you trolling and I don't get it? :(
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

He be trollin'. No worries, it was fine to bring it up. Maybe one day it'll be addressed, maybe not.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

What about "TEAM Musketeer / Grenadier Hitpoints" not affecting Tomahawks and possibly other Musketeer type units.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Mahout lancer has base speed 6 just like the monk.
After an upgrade at monastery monk gives an aura which increases their speed to 6.61. But the monk's speed is boosted only to 6.25. that means if you use them together in group they cant use their full speed. If you keep them separate from the explorer they wont get the speed boost.
I think its a bug which should be fixed. Since these elephants really need more speed late in game.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I recently had the fuckest bug evar:

I was playing Indians and I was unable to ship "Improved Warships" because "I had reached the build-limit for that card" ā€“ despite being able to ship "European Cannons", which also ships a Villager.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

zoom wrote:I recently had the fuckest bug evar:

I was playing Indians and I was unable to ship "Improved Warships" because "I had reached the build-limit for that card" ā€“ desite being able to ship "European Cannons", which also ships a Villager.

Water nerfed itself!
mad cuz bad
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

drsingh wrote:Mahout lancer has base speed 6 just like the monk.
After an upgrade at monastery monk gives an aura which increases their speed to 6.61. But the monk's speed is boosted only to 6.25. that means if you use them together in group they cant use their full speed. If you keep them separate from the explorer they wont get the speed boost.
I think its a bug which should be fixed. Since these elephants really need more speed late in game.

Not really a bug because auras do not affect the unit itself. So each monk is only affected by the other monk, whereas other elifents get a twice stacked boost.
oranges.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

even with only 1 monk they have 6.61 speed. and monk's speed is 6.25 also when alone. this aura doesnt stack and doesnt affect monks. their base speed is increased from 6 to 6.25 after the research.
I think this bug should be fixed, since this research doesnt work as it was intended it seems..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I found a bug : if you put a tashunke prowler in trample mode and then in stealth mode, it will have 6.75 speed (normal speed) instead of 3.375 speed (half speed). I think they coded cav units to see their speed doubled when trample mode is removed, but they forgot that tashunke prowlers could also go in stealth mode which means half speed as well.
So basically you can just put tashunke in trample mode right before stealth mode and have full speed, which is very abusable.

Talking about units stances, I'd like to talk (again) about that bug : when you put any unit in another stance than the standard one, it won't be able to move in columns anymore after that. Basically if I put my 30 musks in melee mode and then task them to move far away, they will still move in lines instead of columns. And if I put them back to standard stance, they still won't be able to move in columns. I get regularly annoyed by that in game because being able to make your units move in columns is a part of the micro (for example if I want to ram my musks into someone's army it's faster in column mode).

Would be nice if that could be fixed : D
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Neat bug. It's a shame unit stances cause so many of the bugs in the game. They are very poorly implemented.

Wouldn't be able to be fixed until another major update for that bug, and Tashunke could honestly use that boost currently considering how underwhelming they are.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

iCourt wrote:Neat bug. It's a shame unit stances cause so many of the bugs in the game. They are very poorly implemented.

Wouldn't be able to be fixed until another major update for that bug, and Tashunke could honestly use that boost currently considering how underwhelming they are.

Is buglist updated? In your opinion, are there still major bugs in game which could be fixed in next ep version?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

There are some major bugs that don't have known fixes currently, so yes. I need to do some updating here soon. Looks like the patch was released while I was on an extended vacation. Will need some time to see if any other changes occurred.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The most annoying bugs atm are alt d and the cover mode for the azzy explorer.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

iCourt wrote:Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.

Eh? No lol.
I think that you were told to not remove explorer hotkeys to fix alt d, but if you can fix the azzy bug, do it, it's a serious issue.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hahaha boneng opened your eyes?! its also for china btw, though its less of an issue
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I can't remember if I did, I browse ESOC chaotically these days; but did I make a huge ass (rant-like) thank you post for @iCourt's work on bug fixing?

Because you sure as hell deserve it, Mr Court! thank you<3
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iCourt wrote:Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.

Now that we are no longer subjects to the tyrannous rule of Lord Mankl, we can stop giving bullshit reasons for not fixing exploits.

In other news, Rams do full damage in cover mode and the Silk Road text is still incorrect (at least in game on arrival; I'm unsure about the descriptions).
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

zoom wrote:Rams do full damage in cover mode

rams OP confirmed :O

that Tashunke Prowlers bug is interesting, but very abusable I'd imagine at the same time --- let's not buff unused units in such a way, shall we?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Eh? No lol.
I think that you were told to not remove explorer hotkeys to fix alt d, but if you can fix the azzy bug, do it, it's a serious issue.

I was told not to fix cover mode from Ryan cause it could change meta. I thought that was a BS excuse he gave, but not my call. I think moving speed modifiers to proto instead of tactics should alleviate the bug.

Alt-D is my biggest gripe since it is used on accident a lot even by legit players. Solutions exist that fix this, but none are ideal.