Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by iCourt »

You I remember cause you played on GR till about the very end. Good to see another familiar face.

Edit: Looks like the ESOC Patch has changes to the Ottoman Silk Road card and made it a non-team card without updating the icon. The solution is to route the image file to the vanilla Silk Road card that has the non-team card border.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Kaiserklein wrote:Nice list.

I'd like to add the fact that comancheros have a 1 ROF melee attack (my patent for this finding), which is already funny, but also a siege attack type (!) when put in melee mode (Ovi's patent).
I already said that somewhere, but pirate outlaws from the saloon don't snare when they attack, and their speed isn't halved in cover mode.
We also found out with ovi that spies/ninjas lose only approx 100 hp when they get crackshot by an explorer, instead of dying... Weird shit
I somehow completely missed this post. Added those.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

69. Longbow range upgrade (Yeomen) only applies in volley mode.

70. Andes only gives one Cherry Orchard Rickshaw.

69 must be intended tbh. And I think 70 might be an intended one aswell, since andes would be quite amazing for Japan otherwise.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Reasoning why it would only apply in volley mode and not say stagger mode or defend mode?

Interesting since their are no berries and only like 6 herdables. Hunts are good I guess. You'd assume this is to prevent them camping and forcing them to send food I take it?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iCourt wrote:Reasoning why it would only apply in volley mode and not say stagger mode or defend mode?

Interesting since their are no berries and only like 6 herdables. Hunts are good I guess. You'd assume this is to prevent them camping and forcing them to send food I take it?

somehow I thought you implied it didnt apply to melee mode as a bug lol. It appears stagger mode and defend mode exist haha.

I always believed the andes not having two berries was intended to be honest, but that might be from before I understood the concept bugs.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I like the list, fix them all pls! :D
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Jerom wrote:I always believed the andes not having two berries was intended to be honest, but that might be from before I understood the concept bugs.

All other maps for Japan function in the following fashion: Japan will always start with 2 cherry orchards on any map that doesn't spawn with starting berry bushes.

Andes is the exception and its a fairly easy map fix.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The cherry orchard thing is already fixed on EP Andes.
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

I'll cross it out. Thanks.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Another bug : if you change the stance of a unit, it won't be able to move in columns (usually when you click far away from where your units are, it will run in a column shape instead of a line). EDIT : won't move in columns even if you go back to the normal stance. This is particularly annoying for infantry, because we often change their stance, but also applies to cav. Since making your units run in a column shape is useful for micro I think this bug can suck
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's not a bug and also can be exploited. I use it all the time and it is pretty useful.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I forgot to say that once you moved to another stance, even if you go back to the normal stance you will never be able to move in columns again with those units. So it's a bug for sure
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

No it's not a bug. Simply units start with a default stance that isn't really the one of the icon. For example goons supposedly start in staggered stance (they don't have a ranged stance) but they're not staggered.
In any case it is useful. Column movement sucks in many cases.
Ah to revert the effect just add new units without any stance selected to the group.
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Garja wrote:Ah to revert the effect just add new units without any stance selected to the group.

Ah this must be why I have no idea what you're talking about! xD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:No it's not a bug. Simply units start with a default stance that isn't really the one of the icon. For example goons supposedly start in staggered stance (they don't have a ranged stance) but they're not staggered.
In any case it is useful. Column movement sucks in many cases.
Ah to revert the effect just add new units without any stance selected to the group.

Ok but columns are useful for several things, like if your cavs are getting chased by other cavs and they're in a line how are you gonna do ? They will just be clumsy and will get caught. Also when you're chasing infantry with your own infantry, you can go in column shape so that the front units get close and are actually in range of the units you chase and shoot them a last time. If you can kill 2 more musks for free or save some hussars doing what I said why does column mode suck ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

There are benefits from both of the stances. It's up to the player to know where use one and when use the other.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

there is a bug with Flamethrowers, their damagecap is too low, currently at 20, while they already deal 30 damage in a single hit to infantry, resulting in their attack being too low and area attack negated vs infantry. Damage cap should be restored to 40'ish.

There are some bugs with trample mode, trample mode is supposed to lower attack (to 3/4th of the original), lower rof (from 1.5 to 2.0), but add a area damage to the unit (+3 area damage). However, this isnt properly coded for many units, specially units that already have area damage don't work properly. Some other units dont have a proper damage reduction.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Added.

If I'm remembering correctly Cohenski and I tested the damage cap on flamethrowers. By setting it higher the unit becomes very strong. Perhaps too strong. You'd have to really test this a lot in order to make sure it isn't over buffing the unit.

Trample mode does not really work for units with area damage since it only increases area damage by 3. Thus a unit like the gendarme gains nothing but the ability to be weaker in this mode. I'd recommend reworking the trample effect entirely, but it could completely change game meta too. It is poorly implemented.

Also added Gates do not properly reduce to the new HP of 1500 on ESOC Patch.

Edit 2/3/16: Added lines 139-145.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

well right now the multiplier vs infantry is kinda pointless. but ye it can be tweaked

the bug i listed before, about brits consulate not affecting disciples, is also true for rattan shields. i think that entire group, light infantry, isnt affected by it apparantly.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

umeu wrote:well right now the multiplier vs infantry is kinda pointless. but ye it can be tweaked

Yes the multiplier isn't doing anything really, but just getting rid of the cap makes the units strong. I don't know if it's too strong or if it even makes it a workable unit. I just would advise testing it very throughly however as it technically would be a balance change along with a bug fix. I'd suggest that testing be done to all unit stats changes to correct or standardize any of the bugs I've listed.

umeu wrote:the bug i listed before, about brits consulate not affecting disciples, is also true for rattan shields. i think that entire group, light infantry, isnt affected by it apparantly.

I'll update the description. This is something I bet that was missed on FP 1.2 because Tiger Claws and Rattan Shields were given the correct CoyoteMan tags.

Also Bastion is available age 2 at the gate but age 3 in the church. Got to see that abused in a game by Kynesie, was a good watch.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i checked it, and bastion is an age2 up in the church as well, on RE. so its not an abuse

they have made a mistake however and walls on the bastion upgrade on the patch now gives walls 8500 HP instead of 7500. that is an oversight for sure...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

umeu wrote:i checked it, and bastion is an age2 up in the church as well, on RE. so its not an abuse

they have made a mistake however and walls on the bastion upgrade on the patch now gives walls 8500 HP instead of 7500. that is an oversight for sure...

Yeah bastion has always been an age 2 upgrade, people are probs mistaken because in aoe 2 it was an age 3 upgrade. Also it grants gates 17k hp lol, twice the walls hp... Instead of 7.5k hp for everything
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Walls be messed up... Updated the list.

Edit: Could use some help from the community to test some of the bugs on this list. A few I have on mine, some I know are fixed, and others I don't recognize. All help would be appreciated.

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... ,32767,,10
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Sorry to double post, I just wanted to update everyone on this list. The crossed out lines are the ones H2O has given me permission to fix and you will see in the next patch release. Matter of fact they are already fixed and we are just waiting on Musket925 to process and go over them.

You will see dialogue next to some of the changes on reasons why they were not fixed, whether it was due to them being unfixable, balance issues, or game mechanics. The italics are H20's comments, and mine are the plain text. Everything is subject to change.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I think not fixing 6, 7, 58, and 102 is wrong. As far as 7 and 102 go I think Ryan is just misinformed.

8: Does this involve all fishing boats or just some?

57: All ranged infantry should have an 0.75 multiplier against "coyoteman". Are you saying there is something more than that?

88: This is not a bug, is it?

96: Why not just remove the "archer" tag from the card and have it affect the "ranged infantry" tag instead?

Finally: Do we consider Qiang Pikeman light infantry multiplier a bug?