Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by iCourt »

People wouldn't consider tomahawks throwing musket balls a bug nor poorly designed flags. They may have been intentionally designed that way, but it could be (and should be?) considered bad show.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

iCourt wrote:I just fix what I'm told to. If there is overwhelming support for a changes I'll definitely consider implementing it so long as the patch team believes it to be ok.

I for one think the flags should be fixed image wise and the ESOC maps given proper images. So I do disagree with the "no" given to those changes.

Yeah wtf lol who said no to those changes and for what reason? They sound great. I can see the names of the maps possibly being an issue, but the new flags are really cool and make the game feel slightly more refreshing
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I would like to post once more in this thread to state my continued support for the implementation of these bug fixes.

Let's try to get the overwhelming support needed to get these changes into the patch!! Give people even more incentive to get the ESOC Patch.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:
iCourt wrote:171. ā€“ Cassador, Cuirassier (including Consulate "Gendarme" version), Eagle Runner Knight, Halberdier, Jaguar Prowl Knight, Lancer (including Consulate "Garrochista" version), Oprichnik, Spahi and War Wagon scale using veteran statistics as opposed to colonial statistics.

Is this really a bug ? It's quite well-known but I don't think people consider it as a bug
It's arguable. It should definitely be changed though.
iNcog wrote:I would like to post once more in this thread to state my continued support for the implementation of these bug fixes.

Let's try to get the overwhelming support needed to get these changes into the patch!! Give people even more incentive to get the ESOC Patch.
This.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iCourt wrote:People wouldn't consider tomahawks throwing musket balls a bug nor poorly designed flags. They may have been intentionally designed that way, but it could be (and should be?) considered bad show.

zoom wrote:It's arguable. It should definitely be changed though.

Why ? The veteran shadow tech is not a bad idea. It values "real" fortress units for the late game, since they scale better (by "real" I mean those that you can only get in fortress, like lancers cuirs opris etc). I think it's pretty logical that way. For example, if you want to fix this, would you also fix falcs ? Falcs don't have "veteran" or anything written in their name, but they scale from their fortress stats, so they are kinda shadow-teched. Yet you wouldn't change that, would you ? Same for frigates, for mercs (that's why the german adv mercs card is so powerful, because it grants mercs +20% from their fortress stats, should we change that too ?)... All those stuff scale better than age 2 units do, yet you wouldn't change it, just because it isn't called "veteran".

What I agree with tho, is the fact ALL age 3 units should be the same. Imo they should all be veteran shadow teched. For example, CA or goons or skirms not being shadow teched is stupid, because they are age 3 units and yet don't scale as well as other age 3 units. I know the answer why : because you can get them in colonial, using dutch or early goons/skirms, so they need proper colonial stats, or then they will be like caƧadores in colonial : veteran, which we don't want. But there is a solution to this : do like russian strelets/musks. Their basis stats are age 3 stats, they scale from those. And in colonial they just have a 0.8 multiplier to their hp/attack. We could do the same with, for example, skirms : give them 144 hp 18 attack basis stats, and apply a 5/6 multiplier in colonial.

I know this sounds complicated, but if you want to keep some coherence in the way all fortress units scale, I think that's the only way to do it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

It makes the math complicated... Could be done either way. Zoi's way standardizes the math which makes the most sense. Your method makes the units I suppose more "unique". It's strange that only a handful of units don't conform to base statistics.

That being said it does deserve being listed. Bugs are one of those subjective things. I prefer it be documented and acknowledged regardless if it is decided to be worth fixing or not.
Netherlands sacredfire
Crossbow
ESO: SacredFire

Post by sacredfire »

I think I found a bug that is not yet on the list.
The Portuguese advanced church tech that improves gathering from mill buildings by 20% and decreases all other gathering by 5%, doesn't affect rice paddies. Because it does work for all other gathering methods (i.e. native farms, berry buildings or grove buildings are affected), I think it's something that was overseen.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

The german merc combat card should be nerfed to 10% imo because their base stats are extremly high and a 20% bonus on these stats are just insane
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Sooo many, did u mention agraforthotkeys?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

He did!

It would be cool if that could get implemented. I'm actually quite thankful that iCourt is aorund to go over all this shit.

thanks mate
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

sacredfire wrote:I think I found a bug that is not yet on the list.
The Portuguese advanced church tech that improves gathering from mill buildings by 20% and decreases all other gathering by 5%, doesn't affect rice paddies. Because it does work for all other gathering methods (i.e. native farms, berry buildings or grove buildings), I think it's something that was overseen.
Looks that way. I'll add it to the list tonight.
Hazza54321 wrote:The german merc combat card should be nerfed to 10% imo because their base stats are extremly high and a 20% bonus on these stats are just insane
This would be a balance change not a bug fix. The card is working as intended correct?
Victor_swe wrote:Sooo many, did u mention agraforthotkeys?
Yes it's in there. H2O said no to all hotkey changes. I think we can persuade him in this one since it is entirely quality of life.
iNcog wrote:He did!

It would be cool if that could get implemented. I'm actually quite thankful that iCourt is aorund to go over all this shit.

thanks mate

Danke!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

iCourt wrote:
sacredfire wrote:I think I found a bug that is not yet on the list.
The Portuguese advanced church tech that improves gathering from mill buildings by 20% and decreases all other gathering by 5%, doesn't affect rice paddies. Because it does work for all other gathering methods (i.e. native farms, berry buildings or grove buildings), I think it's something that was overseen.
Looks that way. I'll add it to the list tonight.
Hazza54321 wrote:The german merc combat card should be nerfed to 10% imo because their base stats are extremly high and a 20% bonus on these stats are just insane
This would be a balance change not a bug fix. The card is working as intended correct?
Victor_swe wrote:Sooo many, did u mention agraforthotkeys?
Yes it's in there. H2O said no to all hotkey changes. I think we can persuade him in this one since it is entirely quality of life.
iNcog wrote:He did!

thanks mate

Danke!

tis a balance issue but kaiser mentioned it, so it wasnt totally off topic
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Pro tip: _H2O says no to any change anyone wants ever.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

Those are still percentages - they improve the unit just as much as having the same upgrade for a regular army. Yes it's 20%, not 15% as usual but that's because it's something unique for the civ, you're limited at buildings to train them from, cost is heavy on gold. You can't really make enough units for 2 unit composition from just one military building. Actually it's somewhat similar to Russia's Strelet combat or the cavalry combat card for Portuguese which gives 20% for dragoons and so on.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah but 20 % is too high considering their base stats are pretty good, highlanders with 75 att and 480hp are too good for a civ to be designed without musk
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

been playing kaiserklein have we? ^^
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

We could arguably make it 15%, because it's the standard age 3 combat upgrade, but 10% is really not enough.
Tbh I wouldn't change the card at all tho, because it's good only when you mass mercs, and you never do so in a serious game. Going full mercs isn't really viable for several reasons, so I don't think this card is a problem. 20% for a specific kind of unit is quite normal anyway, that's what strelets or port goons (even better because it also applies to huss) get, for example. But some mercs should be nerfed overall, for example manchus. Be it from saloon or from shipments, some mercs are just too strong (especially for german shipments, since they replace uhlans while being much more cost effective).

iCourt wrote:

It doesn't fully work, because it doesn't affect arsonists ; those aren't tagged as mercs. But I think it already is in your list anyway
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Port Dragoon Combat is actually 20% for goons and the standard 15% for huss ;)
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Yeah but 20 % is too high considering their base stats are pretty good, highlanders with 75 att and 480hp are too good for a civ to be designed without musk

I just told you it's percentage so it doesn't matter what are the base stats and you just say the same thing again...
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

g06092 wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Yeah but 20 % is too high considering their base stats are pretty good, highlanders with 75 att and 480hp are too good for a civ to be designed without musk

I just told you it's percentage so it doesn't matter what are the base stats and you just say the same thing again...

because you didnt seem to understand my post, even with 10% upgrade its a big increase in stats
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza54321 wrote:
g06092 wrote:

because you didnt seem to understand my post, even with 10% upgrade its a big increase in stats

He meant that a 20% on 50 units is the same as 20% on 100 units with half the stats, only he is being an asshole in the way he says it. But mercs do have an advantage over most other units probably because they probably scale off what would be considered fortress stats.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Where are the bug fixes at? They in, or veto'd?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Crossed out ones are fixed and in the next patch pending testers approval.

I'm also going to be taking some more time today to work on correcting and fixing more off the bug list.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iCourt was just about to implement them when Herr Mankl intervened.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Well I have most of the code that fixes all this. Just takes a bit of time to implement it. The ones I'll be looking into today are the China Record Game Bug, French Grenadier moving unit upgrades, and fixing the projectiles on spawned Warriors.

I really think Agra Unit Creation Hotkeys and Flare Hotkeys should be added since most players are using user.con files to already achieve this.