Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by Kaiserklein »

Since grens are an age 2 units, and since they already suck, I guess we could move this upgrade to colonial.
We need to ask @Mitoe what he thinks about this, I'm sure he feels 100% concerned by this issue
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

just sneak it in the bug list. I want my grenadier troll strats to be slightly less extremely shitty.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

It should be considered not only as a British technology, which can make their grens OP. Other civs have it, too. Therefore it should be available in colonial. I agree with @Kaiserklein .
@Jerom , it's already there:
iCourt wrote:175. Advanced Arsenal doesn't enable Incendiary Grenades when sent in the Colonial Age.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well then I refound it. yay. Didnt iCourt say he updated the list though?
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I added that to the list. I'm constantly updating this as bugs are discovered or rediscovered. It honestly looks like something that was simply missed by ES, and it just wasn't fixed by their team due to it being a low priority change.

Actually most of the bugs I've listed were confirmed and acknowledged by ES and were deemed to insignificant to fix.

Side note: Grenadiers are by far my favorite unit to micro. I really wish they were more viable.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Grens are amazing when you reach a critical mass and get that upgrade XD
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

That upgrade not being available in age 2 isnt a bug.
All upgrades are available to research in age 2, except that upgrade which you can research in age 3.
By shipping advanced arsenal, you can build the arsenal to research the age 2 upgrades.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

IP Man wrote:That upgrade not being available in age 2 isnt a bug.
All upgrades are available to research in age 2, except that upgrade which you can research in age 3.
By shipping advanced arsenal, you can build the arsenal to research the age 2 upgrades.

This isn't quite right. None of the Arsenal upgrades are available in age 2 because the arsenal can't even be built until age 3. The upgrades are all available starting in the discovery age if you look and see how it's coded, except the grenadier one. The card unlocks new upgrades and sets the build age to colonial. Again all bugs are subjective, the card is technically working properly, but that grenadier tech is set to age 3 availability for some reason. It could be balance, but it's most likely something that was just set into the wrong tech availability slot.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

I've found a bug shown in the following image. Opr and CA imperial upgrades are moved aside by one square. I've researched the guard upgrades through the church card upgrade. I'm sure if it has anything to do about it.
Attachments
imperial upgrades.png
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

72. ChurchQuatrefage (Spanish) and ChurchStadholders (Dutch) move Barrack upgrades. ChurchKalmucks, ChurchBashkirPonies (Russian) and shipping Card HCShipWingedHussars (German) move Stable upgrades. ChurchGardeImperial1, 2, 3 (French Grenadiers) move Artillery Depot upgrades.If used, improvement buttons are displaced to the right, so that they are not below their corresponding unit button. (Solution is to change how cards upgrade the units.) -This is a pain to fix.

It's already noted, and is hard to fix correctly. Multiple ways to fix this, but none which I'm happy with yet.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

1. Does the "Dravidian Martial Arts" shipment affect Urumi?
2. Should it affect Urumi?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The improved building HP card from HC doesn't affect TPs. They have 2500/3500 HP and need to be repaired.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

When the game is finished while sieging a TP/TC, the music bugs playing these three siege-tracks randomly for a couple of seconds.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

TPs actually have this bug with all hp improvements. But I guess it was already listed in the bugs list
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I looked through the list and didn't found it there.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Added all of the above. Working on fixing a big chunk of these today and tomorrow.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

<3
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

There are some treasures which look like regular coin treasures but instead give XP. I found two during my last two games on Asian maps.
[spoiler=Screens]Image
This is the one with a polar bear (wtf polar bear on Borneo?), grants about 55 XP as far as I remember.

This is the one with a pet macaque, grants 30—35 XP.[/spoiler]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Global warming has to be a bug
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

pecelot wrote:There are some treasures which look like regular coin treasures but instead give XP. I found two during my last two games on Asian maps.
[spoiler=Screens]Image
This is the one with a polar bear (wtf polar bear on Borneo?), grants about 55 XP as far as I remember.

This is the one with a pet macaque, grants 30—35 XP.[/spoiler]

They are just meant to represent treasure. Bad show perhaps, but there are a ton of other treasures that are poorly designed as well.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Well, to be honest they can be quite misleading. One may think it's a coin treasure, which can be important in the early game when you plan to research hunting dogs or something and need that little gold tweak, but may find himself mistaken. Also, it's a proper bug I assume, that's why I posted it :) Other treasures may be poorly designed indeed (although to be honest I can't recall any being terrible-looking), but this one is just misleading.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Gotta check the treasure anyways.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Most the treasures are misleading by being a tent or a broken wagon. It's bad show for sure, most of it would be very time consuming to fix.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I wouldn't change, played the game so long that you know on Borneo a polar bear is 55 exp. a monkey with coin is 30 exp but on Siberia 2 white monkeys is 45 coin.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@iCourt they just don't show what they give you, it's not misleading in my opinion. If they showed for example food and granted you gold instead, that'd be right, but it's not the case. And that's my point, but I understand you.
@_H2O well, I think it wouldn't change that much since it would just show the proper treasure. You know it gives XP instead of coin, but if we changed it, you'd still know it gives XP because of the treasure guardian (characteristic one polar bear) and the XP appearance. Also, bear in mind newer players who haven't necessarily been playing for 11 years.