Bug Fixes for the ESOC Patch

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Bug Fixes for Fan Patch

Post by deleted_user0 »

Marathan Catamarans should get their attack damage type changed to siege, like every other warship.
Netherlands Denalin
Crossbow
ESO: Denalin

Post by Denalin »

pecelot wrote:I'm not sure sending any message to anyone related with ES/MS is worth trying, as it's a pointless effort most of the time. They don't really care anymore, even when it comes to much more serious problems, like dealing with cheaters. :mad:

For what it's worth, I reached out to AoE3's lead designer and he responded pretty quickly. Their hands are tied when it comes to actually patching the game (funding, internal politics, etc), but many of the team were passionate creating the game, and still remain passionate. Anyway, we had a nice back and forth throughout the day on Twitter. I'll post the full conversation tomorrow on the other thread. :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

To be fair, I was referring to a stereotypical point of view based on general MS staff activity in terms of community management in the form of for instance banning cheaters on ESO or generally staying in touch with the players. Sorry for that, your words certainly bring some hope and relief. :)

umeu wrote:Marathan Catamarans should get their attack damage type changed to siege, like every other warship.

They are identical to Canoes — 16 range attack and 40 siege attack. Makes sense if you ask me.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No canoes do siege dmd at range of 40, catamarans do the weak attack of 16 dmg
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You forgot the biggest bug in whole AoE3. Schooners. Remove pls.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:No canoes do siege dmd at range of 40, catamarans do the weak attack of 16 dmg

I just checked that in game??
unless you mean war canoes, which is a different story, obviously
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No, whenever catamarans attack, they use their ranged attack. Canoes however use their siege attack. Hence canoes are good and catamarans are totally crap.
Brazil Matt1994
Crossbow
ESO: Matuiss2

Post by Matt1994 »

Hi, i downloaded the patch, but now the audio is stuttering, the game is fine just the audio that isnt, how I fix that?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Matt1994 wrote:Hi, i downloaded the patch, but now the audio is stuttering, the game is fine just the audio that isnt, how I fix that?

PC specs / OS?
Brazil Matt1994
Crossbow
ESO: Matuiss2

Post by Matt1994 »

Im a noob in computer but I assume you want to know this:
intel core i7-3770S 3.10GHz
8GB RAM
64 bits
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:No, whenever catamarans attack, they use their ranged attack. Canoes however use their siege attack. Hence canoes are good and catamarans are totally crap.

That's not entirely true. Canoes deal siege damage to building, obviously, and other warships, whereas land units they attack with their normal range damage. Catamarans, on the other hand, do the same with the exception of a normal ranged attack against other vessels. In a way then they are not totally crap, although in some sea action they fall back quickly, unless mirrored, which is almost always the case, as they don't see that much usage apart from some early brawls on Indonesia/Honshu. :ship: :ship: :ship:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well im talking about sea combat, the only thing theyre meant for and good at cuz they lack range to do what frigs do. And also the only reason caravels etc are god at defending vs land is their high rr and attack of siege dmg type. Canoes are good at fighting water cuz they are cheap but with high dmg. Catamarans cost the same and have same stats but they dont do siege dmg in battle unless actually sieging. So this just makes them totally useless. There is literally no point to make them in a game thats not already over.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Any news on more bugfixes? Is Icourt around anymore?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I am not necessarily sure if this constitutes a bug or not, but some of the TAD treasure guardians (I think lions, panthers and tigers) can bug out and have a super fast attack rate. If you attack one, then walk towards the treasure, they attack super quickly and can deal tons of damage. But, it can totally vary, making it hard to take calculated risks when taking treasures.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Darwin_ wrote:I am not necessarily sure if this constitutes a bug or not, but some of the TAD treasure guardians (I think lions, panthers and tigers) can bug out and have a super fast attack rate. If you attack one, then walk towards the treasure, they attack super quickly and can deal tons of damage. But, it can totally vary, making it hard to take calculated risks when taking treasures.

Their attack seems to instantly recharge without doing the full animation while they're moving (always, not just sometimes). What you need to do is either stand still, or keep them snared so they will need to catch up in between attacks.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I am not necessarily sure if this constitutes a bug or not, but some of the TAD treasure guardians (I think lions, panthers and tigers) can bug out and have a super fast attack rate. If you attack one, then walk towards the treasure, they attack super quickly and can deal tons of damage. But, it can totally vary, making it hard to take calculated risks when taking treasures.

Their attack seems to instantly recharge while they're moving (always, not just sometimes). What you need to do is either stand still, or snare them so they will need to catch up in between attacks.

Yeah I do try to do that, but since the instant recharge doesnt happen with any of the vanilla treaure guardians, I thought it would be worth mentioning, as it does seem to be a bug to me.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

No idea whether it's intended or not. Personally I'd keep it, I always find it funny when this happens and some explorer just gets absolutely rekt.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Atomiswave wrote:Any news on more bugfixes? Is Icourt around anymore?

No, he doesn't seem to be active currently.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

@EAGLEMUT except when its mine lol. It is literally the only thing that can tilt me XD
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Indian card „Call to Arms" doesn't work.

Thanks to @mandosrex for the information! :flowers:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I've just checked it and it's indeed the case — with an EP Native Scout I managed in a standing position I managed to get a tiger down to 175 HP, whereas when I tried to kite (remember — no snare) I only managed to hit him like 3/4 times before dying. However, when you apply this to snare-able units, like explorers, that's not the case. My explorer survived with 210 HP in a standing fight and more than 235 HP when kiting.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Sorry been on a couple month Honeymoon, still on it. Japan next week.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Great to hear from you! :love:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

iCourt wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Sorry been on a couple month Honeymoon, still on it. Japan next week.

Wonderful news, welcome back on board!
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Japan is the last stretch of the Honeymoon, so I'll try and catch up with things after I return.