User avatar
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 6337
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 15:56

pecelot wrote:Well, to be honest they can be quite misleading. One may think it's a coin treasure, which can be important in the early game when you plan to research hunting dogs or something and need that little gold tweak, but may find himself mistaken. Also, it's a proper bug I assume, that's why I posted it :) Other treasures may be poorly designed indeed (although to be honest I can't recall any being terrible-looking), but this one is just misleading.

Working as intended; off topic.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 16:53

zoom wrote:Working as intended
Exactly. The treasures are meant to represent generic treasure. The value of that treasure wether it be food, gold, or XP is irrelevant to what the treasures look like.

This was designed this way, and while its again somewhat bad show, it would be a lot of work to fix this since there are a lot of treasures that are misleading. If I was designing the game I'd have done all of this differently but alas... It is part of the game play to check treasure values regardless of what it looks like.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 5779
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 18:13

Sure, I just wanted to point that out in the proper thread. I don't think other treasures are as misleading as these ones. Tents and wagons don't show any resources, while these XP treasures show coin. Of course you should always check, but if you see a treasure showing gold and guarded by one animal, you can estimate it has let's say 30—60 coin, which is not the case here.
Nevertheless, I get your point about the work needed to fix that. Thanks for having a look at it!
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! :flowers:
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 6337
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 18:51

If you wanted to point that out in the proper thread you should have looked for another thread.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 5779
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 19:11

zoom wrote:If you wanted to point that out in the proper thread you should have looked for another thread.

Isn't it a bug? Or are you trolling and I don't get it? :(
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! :flowers:
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 May 2016, 19:21

He be trollin'. No worries, it was fine to bring it up. Maybe one day it'll be addressed, maybe not.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 6337
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

04 Jun 2016, 10:51

What about "TEAM Musketeer / Grenadier Hitpoints" not affecting Tomahawks and possibly other Musketeer type units.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
India drsingh
Skirmisher
 
Posts: 146
ESO: drsingh
  • Link to post
  • Quote

15 Jun 2016, 17:58

Mahout lancer has base speed 6 just like the monk.
After an upgrade at monastery monk gives an aura which increases their speed to 6.61. But the monk's speed is boosted only to 6.25. that means if you use them together in group they cant use their full speed. If you keep them separate from the explorer they wont get the speed boost.
I think its a bug which should be fixed. Since these elephants really need more speed late in game.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 6337
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

18 Jun 2016, 14:00

I recently had the fuckest bug evar:

I was playing Indians and I was unable to ship "Improved Warships" because "I had reached the build-limit for that card" – despite being able to ship "European Cannons", which also ships a Villager.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
 
Posts: 576
  • Link to post
  • Quote

20 Jun 2016, 17:21

drsingh wrote:Mahout lancer has base speed 6 just like the monk.
After an upgrade at monastery monk gives an aura which increases their speed to 6.61. But the monk's speed is boosted only to 6.25. that means if you use them together in group they cant use their full speed. If you keep them separate from the explorer they wont get the speed boost.
I think its a bug which should be fixed. Since these elephants really need more speed late in game.

Not really a bug because auras do not affect the unit itself. So each monk is only affected by the other monk, whereas other elifents get a twice stacked boost.
User avatar
India drsingh
Skirmisher
 
Posts: 146
ESO: drsingh
  • Link to post
  • Quote

20 Jun 2016, 17:30

even with only 1 monk they have 6.61 speed. and monk's speed is 6.25 also when alone. this aura doesnt stack and doesnt affect monks. their base speed is increased from 6 to 6.25 after the research.
I think this bug should be fixed, since this research doesnt work as it was intended it seems..
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 3428
Location: Paris
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Jul 2016, 21:05

I found a bug : if you put a tashunke prowler in trample mode and then in stealth mode, it will have 6.75 speed (normal speed) instead of 3.375 speed (half speed). I think they coded cav units to see their speed doubled when trample mode is removed, but they forgot that tashunke prowlers could also go in stealth mode which means half speed as well.
So basically you can just put tashunke in trample mode right before stealth mode and have full speed, which is very abusable.

Talking about units stances, I'd like to talk (again) about that bug : when you put any unit in another stance than the standard one, it won't be able to move in columns anymore after that. Basically if I put my 30 musks in melee mode and then task them to move far away, they will still move in lines instead of columns. And if I put them back to standard stance, they still won't be able to move in columns. I get regularly annoyed by that in game because being able to make your units move in columns is a part of the micro (for example if I want to ram my musks into someone's army it's faster in column mode).

Would be nice if that could be fixed : D
My Youtube channel

Auch wenn du so weit weg bist, habe ich nur einen Traum: dich zu küssen, neben mir zu spüren und in meinen Armen zu halten.

Image
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Jul 2016, 21:16

Neat bug. It's a shame unit stances cause so many of the bugs in the game. They are very poorly implemented.

Wouldn't be able to be fixed until another major update for that bug, and Tashunke could honestly use that boost currently considering how underwhelming they are.
User avatar
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer
 
Posts: 653
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Jul 2016, 21:32

iCourt wrote:Neat bug. It's a shame unit stances cause so many of the bugs in the game. They are very poorly implemented.

Wouldn't be able to be fixed until another major update for that bug, and Tashunke could honestly use that boost currently considering how underwhelming they are.


Is buglist updated? In your opinion, are there still major bugs in game which could be fixed in next ep version?
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 00:41

There are some major bugs that don't have known fixes currently, so yes. I need to do some updating here soon. Looks like the patch was released while I was on an extended vacation. Will need some time to see if any other changes occurred.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
 
Posts: 5978
Location: France
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 05:16

The most annoying bugs atm are alt d and the cover mode for the azzy explorer.
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 05:37

Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
 
Posts: 5978
Location: France
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 05:45

iCourt wrote:Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.

Eh? No lol.
I think that you were told to not remove explorer hotkeys to fix alt d, but if you can fix the azzy bug, do it, it's a serious issue.
No Flag umeu
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 5374
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 09:12

hahaha boneng opened your eyes?! its also for china btw, though its less of an issue
I lose every game today, while I should win them all. - Kaiserklown 2017(He is Garja?)

Free bans handed out on the Kaiserklown stream; be adviced past video's will be deleted!
User avatar
France iNcog
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 9260
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 09:20

I can't remember if I did, I browse ESOC chaotically these days; but did I make a huge ass (rant-like) thank you post for @iCourt's work on bug fixing?

Because you sure as hell deserve it, Mr Court! thank you<3
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 6337
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 11:12

iCourt wrote:Both of which I was told not to fix due to game mechanics.

Now that we are no longer subjects to the tyrannous rule of Lord Mankl, we can stop giving bullshit reasons for not fixing exploits.

In other news, Rams do full damage in cover mode and the Silk Road text is still incorrect (at least in game on arrival; I'm unsure about the descriptions).
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 5779
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 13:02

zoom wrote:Rams do full damage in cover mode

rams OP confirmed :O

that Tashunke Prowlers bug is interesting, but very abusable I'd imagine at the same time --- let's not buff unused units in such a way, shall we?
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! :flowers:
User avatar
Isle of Man iCourt
ESOC Dev Team
 
Posts: 526
ESO: iCourt
Location: San Jose, California
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 14:08

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Eh? No lol.
I think that you were told to not remove explorer hotkeys to fix alt d, but if you can fix the azzy bug, do it, it's a serious issue.

I was told not to fix cover mode from Ryan cause it could change meta. I thought that was a BS excuse he gave, but not my call. I think moving speed modifiers to proto instead of tactics should alleviate the bug.

Alt-D is my biggest gripe since it is used on accident a lot even by legit players. Solutions exist that fix this, but none are ideal.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 5779
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 14:13

true, I changed my tactics hotkeys and don't know how to alt-d, and it happened to me twice if I recall correctly that I used it undeliberately during the game
and how can that change the meta wtf, maybe just stop abusing this, which should be fine?
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! :flowers:
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
 
Posts: 5978
Location: France
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Jul 2016, 15:15

iCourt wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Eh? No lol.
I think that you were told to not remove explorer hotkeys to fix alt d, but if you can fix the azzy bug, do it, it's a serious issue.

I was told not to fix cover mode from Ryan cause it could change meta.

What??? I can't believe he said that lol. It's possibly the most abusable bug in the game. How are you meant to deal with an explorer who has 2000 HP, 60% RR, 33 area damages and who's as fast as war wagons?
Oh, and he revives instantly if you kill him.

Anyway, Ryan deleted his ESOC account and left the patch team some months ago, so even if he said that, it doesn't really matter.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest