Shouldn't we fix those starting hunts ?

Should the "stuck" starting hunts be changed ?

Yes, it's annoying as fuck
54%
No, it's just another way to macro hunts
16%
I don't give a shit
30%

Total votes: 37

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Shouldn't we fix those starting hunts ?

Post by Garja »

If I were to change things whenever people didn't like it then we probably wouldn't have 60% of maps.
Image Image Image
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I've never understood the reasoning behind the static starting hunts? They've never bothered me nor have they caused me to age late. Was a big thing in TAD maps but only 2-3 Nilla/TWC maps contain them. More of a design direction I take it?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:If I were to change things whenever people didn't like it then we probably wouldn't have 60% of maps.

You're being unfair there, that's not true at all. People really like your maps, you did a very good job. I don't think that people would remove 60% of your maps at all, objectively I don't think there is a single one of your maps that should be removed.
On the other hand, everyone can make a mistake, and the fact you did great maps doesn't mean you're infaillible. You should accept criticism really
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Most of those maps are good except for the sheep, but that's just because the sheep are naturally retarded when it comes to hunting in the first place. It takes a lot of micro to get them in a good spot, but it's doable. Add one sheep to Kamchatka and it's over, but even that isn't really necessary. Kamchatka already has so many other hunts which are in the LOS of the starting TC either way that it doesn't quite matter. I was just being picky.

I was trolling a bit in this thread because the sheep are known to be annoying but there isn't actually a map which needs editing. Maybe if you're an ego² oriented player you need to attribute your losses to something other than your own bad play, I don't know, but so far these maps are the most ridiculously fair maps I've ever played on.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The kamchatka hunt and the bengal hunt are remarkably annoying though.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's also that elephants have a very large blocking area so their pathing is terrible
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag araulius
Musketeer

Post by araulius »

Why was hunt herding changed from the way it was in vanilla? it was so straightforward and so much less of a hassle then. But now it's like a BS minigame inside a game. I get that micro is a big part of the game, but over complicating something that should be so simple makes me want to tear my own hair out. I used to be so good at herding, but now herding is unpredictable, doesn't work half the time, and when it does work they only walk 5 feet instead of the meaningful amount that they used to.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

araulius wrote:Why was hunt herding changed from the way it was in vanilla? it was so straightforward and so much less of a hassle then. But now it's like a BS minigame inside a game. I get that micro is a big part of the game, but over complicating something that should be so simple makes me want to tear my own hair out. I used to be so good at herding, but now herding is unpredictable, doesn't work half the time, and when it does work they only walk 5 feet instead of the meaningful amount that they used to.

Yeah it's bs. Nilla is shit because of a lot of things but this was so much better...
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Just play with shit maps man. Why do you always need perfect starts/maps/etc?
It's a game feature tbh. A feature that helps the noobs and while the pros are whining. And it should not be touched.
I play FP because some players play on FP. The fair maps/res/civs are just a little bonus to that.
Stop crying.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

araulius wrote:Why was hunt herding changed from the way it was in vanilla? it was so straightforward and so much less of a hassle then. But now it's like a BS minigame inside a game. I get that micro is a big part of the game, but over complicating something that should be so simple makes me want to tear my own hair out. I used to be so good at herding, but now herding is unpredictable, doesn't work half the time, and when it does work they only walk 5 feet instead of the meaningful amount that they used to.

Actually nilla herding mechanic is exactly the same of tad, except that on some tad maps hunts are not herdable (just like the deers on nilla Rockies btw).
Image Image Image
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

The frozen deer of the Rocky Mountains. So majestic.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

yemshi wrote:Just play with shit maps man. Why do you always need perfect starts/maps/etc?
It's a game feature tbh. A feature that helps the noobs and while the pros are whining. And it should not be touched.
I play FP because some players play on FP. The fair maps/res/civs are just a little bonus to that.
Stop crying.

Epic xD
Just play with shit maps, why do you complain ? If it's shit it's normal to complain isn't it ? Or is this too hard for you to figure out. Maybe you like shit, idk. It helps noobs and punishes pros ? How fair ! So basically don't reward skill, nice.
Just to make that clear : I don't think that maps are shit at all, just annoying starting hunts.

Garja wrote:

Actually nilla herding mechanic is exactly the same of tad, except that on some tad maps hunts are not herdable (just like the deers on nilla Rockies btw).

Well on nilla you have way less stuck hunts, that's all. You only find those on patagonia, rockies and hispaniola afaik. All 3 terrible maps btw... But on nilla the'yre worse, they're 100% stuck, won't move by an inch, even more unfair than tad stuck ones
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I don't want to play shit maps. But I don't care if there's a fixed starting hunt, no starting hunt at all or whatever.
That's why i choose N°3.
I DO understand why you are complaining. And it is kind off annoying, right. But I answered to your question with an more or less uncommon attitude. That's all. I do not want that to be changed.
No Flag araulius
Musketeer

Post by araulius »

I remember on vanilla when you were herding that the hunts would move a substantial amount more than they do now. :/
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

yemshi wrote:I don't want to play shit maps. But I don't care if there's a fixed starting hunt, no starting hunt at all or whatever.
That's why i choose N°3.
I DO understand why you are complaining. And it is kind off annoying, right. But I answered to your question with an more or less uncommon attitude. That's all. I do not want that to be changed.

Yea ok but there's a difference between saying "I don't care" and "it shouldn't be touched", "stop crying", "play with shit maps" etc. That's all I wanted to say