Shouldn't we fix those starting hunts ?

Should the "stuck" starting hunts be changed ?

Yes, it's annoying as fuck
54%
No, it's just another way to macro hunts
16%
I don't give a shit
30%

Total votes: 37

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Shouldn't we fix those starting hunts ?

Post by Kaiserklein »

On some maps (only TAD-design maps I think, except patagonia), the starting hunts are kinda "stuck". If you shoot at an animal it will move slowly, but other animals won't move, which means it's hard to herd this kind of hunt yo your tc (and it's random, because for some reason animals won't always go in the right direction when being shot at). The thing is, this kind of starting hunts was kept for some maps on the EP, such as Hudson Bay.

My opinion about this is as follows : it reduces the skill gap at start, because it doesn't reward proper macro. It's also very random as I said, which means you might end up aging late without being able to do anything about it. I just find it useless and annoying, what's the point of it ?

Feel free to comment your choice
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Re: Shouldn't we fix those starting hunts ?

Post by iCourt »

There actually are micro tricks using the fixed hunt. Killing them before you're even gathering from them as close to the TC as possible seems to be the current meta. It's just always been part of the game and was intentional. No need to change, doesn't change much of anything even if it was.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iCourt wrote:There actually are micro tricks using the fixed hunt. Killing them before you're even gathering from them as close to the TC as possible seems to be the current meta. It's just always been part of the game and was intentional. No need to change, doesn't change much of anything even if it was.

How do you kill them under your tc ? To do this you have to herd them, which works 50% of the time and needs you to have an extra walk for your vils for each animal. Might not even be worth the try really, you might lose more than gain

It does change things, sometimes you have to age a vil later just because of it. "It has always been part of the game and was intentional" yeah like having a 5 mams shipment in fortress for example ? Doesn't mean it's balanced and doesn't mean we shouldn't change it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

The animals randomly walk around grazing however. When they walk near the TC you kill the animal regardless if you have the villagers to gather from it at that time or not.

There are a few streams where Zuta and Interjection bring this up.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed, I'm only saying it doesn't change a whole lot if anything I find. Debate as you will. I selected the I don't give a shit option. ;)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It does change things, sometimes you have to age a vil later just because of it.

Exactly. It requires different micro and makes for different level of efficiency in the early game.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:
It does change things, sometimes you have to age a vil later just because of it.

Exactly. It requires different micro and makes for different level of efficiency in the early game.

Can we really call this micro ? Those animals walk in more or less random directions, and if your spawn is a bit further from your tc than your opponent's is, you don't really have a way to fix it, while with a normal hunt you would just need like 1 extra shot to herd it properly, which is way less annoying than having to shoot at each animal to try and get them (if you're lucky enough) in a decent spot. Stuck hunts just worsen bad luck, do we want that
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Garja wrote:

Can we really call this micro ? Those animals walk in more or less random directions, and if your spawn is a bit further from your tc than your opponent's is, you don't really have a way to fix it, while with a normal hunt you would just need like 1 extra shot to herd it properly, which is way less annoying than having to shoot at each animal to try and get them (if you're lucky enough) in a decent spot. Stuck hunts just worsen bad luck, do we want that
+1 also on a map like siberia or silk road you can often have a starting hunt miles from your tc and your opponents could be right next to their tc meaning that you age like 30sec later at no fault of your own.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Only map where this is even remotely a problem is on Kamchatka, with those idiot bighorn sheep!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Can be easily fixed by making the starting hunt a proper herd.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Fuck the startimg hunts on kamchatka. Those are the most annoying hunts ever.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

bighorn sheeps on kamchatka..annoying as fuck...!! -_-
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

#thesheepmustchange
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Funny thing they already changed and now they're closer to the TC. Siberia has already closer hunts so now it's not a problem at all.
I honestly have no problems at all with any hunts on the EP.
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

it is annoying and rdm also the elephants on bengal are so retarded
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

lol again, elephants are totally fine. I mean can't people learn how to herd instead of complaining xD
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

5 shots to kill elephants lol, germans have to two shot with all their vills lol
and the garja goats on kamchatka need to go and be replace by at least turkeys, theyre slightly less annyoing or just deer or anything
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I.Don't.Give.A.Shit.
It is unbalanced. That's all. If you really rely on the starting hunt to win you a game then it's your fault.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:lol again, elephants are totally fine. I mean can't people learn how to herd instead of complaining xD

and again you are biased becasue you made that map. 2 eles is like the worst starting hunt in the game. i know how to herd btw it still sucks
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Garja wrote:Funny thing they already changed and now they're closer to the TC. Siberia has already closer hunts so now it's not a problem at all.
I honestly have no problems at all with any hunts on the EP.

Sorry but the psychological trauma is too strong.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I agree the hunts that don't run when shot at are extremely annoying. Because:

- sometimes they wander away really far, sometimes they don't.
- there's no way to herd them except 1 by 1, so you basically HAVE to kill all hunts asap (which is not that interesting in terms of micro)
- There's no way to tell (by just looking) if a herd is herdable or not, which is really annoying when you don't know all the maps
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

to my knowledge all that would have to be changed on those maps is to change something like
"rmSetObjectDefCreateHerd(foodID2, false);" to true.

Unless I am mistaken, all non-garja Asian maps have starting herds that do not herd, because they have been intentionally set to false instead of true. (starting ypIbex herds)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Herds have been intentionally set to non herdable on EP maps as well, for pretty much the reasons why some people don't like them.
Image Image Image
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Seems like there is a lot of hate. I find them easier to micro honestly or at least uninfluential.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

lordraphael wrote:
Garja wrote:lol again, elephants are totally fine. I mean can't people learn how to herd instead of complaining xD

and again you are biased becasue you made that map. 2 eles is like the worst starting hunt in the game. i know how to herd btw it still sucks

it's not like I'm biased because I made the maps. I made the maps that way because I think it's good. #logic
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Garja wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

it's not like I'm biased because I made the maps. I made the maps that way because I think it's good. #logic

Well then I have to inform you that the majority of people in this community think that you were wrong and that it wasnt a good idea to make non herdable starting hunts.