Improving Native Tribes (TP)

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Improving Native Tribes (TP)

Post by Kaiserklein »

To be fair they're almost always useless, except in a few cases
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Native are a side feature. Sometimes they're quite useful, sometimes they're irrelevant. I think it's fine.
Naive Americans are made pre-eminent in this game because they were important historically. It's just how the game is meant to work.
:flowers:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:
zoom wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Not op ? In some mus it definitely would be. Ger mirror, I train apache without my opponent knowing it, the guy goes for the normal dop cav stuff or cav semi and apaches just rape.
Tbh even atm, I wonder if training apaches in a ger mirror wouldn't be viable. Even if the guy knows I'm training them, what is he gonna do ? Except naked ff I don't see a counter to that, xbows are so bad
In fact any civ with shit anti cav in colonial could do with goons, not just in ger mirrors
I'd say the guy should have scouted – something which is very easy to do in this game, but generally isn't done nearly enough.

With that said, I am not sure what I think about removing TP alerts from the score information, let alone whether it's technically doable.

You can't scout both all the nat posts and your opponent's base (more important), with most civs... Also a lot of civs have to take a TP while aging

Not immediately, no. There are certainly limits to scouting, even in this game, and priorities must be made.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:Native are a side feature. Sometimes they're quite useful, sometimes they're irrelevant. I think it's fine.
Naive Americans are made preminent in this game because they were important historically. It's just how the game is meant to work.
:flowers:

They were made preminent back then. And in fact everyone was going for the native card first. Then people realized it was bs and they patched that card.
Now they can still be important but not something that you can use every game.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

its fine that they are a side feature, but fact is some are not even that. many are just straight up useless, which is kinda sad.

the asian maps are the worst because many of the nats are a) not that good and b) the combo's are often shit or there is only 1 type of natives and c) the position of the nat post on the asian maps often isnt great either.
No Flag araulius
Musketeer

Post by araulius »

Can we agree that natives should be at least looked at?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

By the players or by the ESOC Patch team?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think future ESOC maps should try to integrate natives with a bit more thought. I know there is some concern with historical significance of native placenta based on region but it would be okay to take some liberties i think
mad cuz bad
No Flag araulius
Musketeer

Post by araulius »

pecelot wrote:By the players or by the ESOC Patch team?

Both, really.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hurons on Adirondacks, for instance, make sense. Same with Cree, Cheyenne, Comanche etc.
I think now natives are one of these things that no one really bothers to look at as they only grab TPs, but sometimes it's definitely worth building one or two native posts. A buff would have to be a bit middling, since don't want to make any of those OP, do we? It's just that it's not discovered that much yet in the current „meta". Cheyenne against Germany for example sound like a perfect idea, especially if you can combine it with ATP (see Ports maybe?), as you get a nice hand cav which is additionally anti-cav. Plus bisons, of course!