Water Quality of Life Changes?

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Water Quality of Life Changes?

Post by forgrin »

I'm proposing some QoL changes for water play to make fights less frustrating/random and make water a little more accessible.

1. Decrease speed (or acceleration, either works).

2. Decrease turn speed of ships

3. Firing animation on click as with cannons. All shots fire at the same time. RoF = 6. Negative multiplier vs all land units of -25% to make up for better micro ability.

-potential: ship can be turned (slowly w/reduced radius speed) to fire again as soon as possible.

4. All civs without Offshore Support get a card that increases warship HP and/or speed instead.

5. Give some civs (Ports? Russ?) a 5 fishing boat card age 2, potentially a 3 fishing boat card age 1.

6. Schooners now decreases cost of fishing boats by 50% (down from 60%).

7. "Broadside" now "bombardment," can target vs land units only. 75% of regular shot damage, area 3 for Caravel and area 6 for Frigate. Recharges every 45 seconds. No negative multiplier vs artillery as with regular shot. not really necessary.

Please suggest any changes to these propositions below, I'll edit in the good ones.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: Water Quality of Life Changes?

Post by lemmings121 »

I not a huge fan of water, but I'm against almost all of this.. maybe nÂș 1 is fine
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

only the first one is good
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Remove warship build limits or increase them. Thats the gayest part about warship fights. The fact that they are nearly unmicroable is somewhat shitty too. Its just lame and boring to me tbh.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

warships are ez to micro
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

I think as computers are being upgraded, build limits on boats can be removed. Should be able to make up for the civs that don't have cards like offshore support. You can at least have the option to outmass your opponent.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:Remove warship build limits or increase them. Thats the gayest part about warship fights. The fact that they are nearly unmicroable is somewhat shitty too. Its just lame and boring to me tbh.

Well if you actually read the suggestions you might see that they're meant to make micro possible... And if you just want to play land this shouldn't affect you, they won't be stronger vs land units and even weaker vs shore culvs/mortars.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:
Jerom wrote:Remove warship build limits or increase them. Thats the gayest part about warship fights. The fact that they are nearly unmicroable is somewhat shitty too. Its just lame and boring to me tbh.

Well if you actually read the suggestions you might see that they're meant to make micro possible... And if you just want to play land this shouldn't affect you, they won't be stronger vs land units and even weaker vs shore culvs/mortars.

I was trying to kinda back u up there ;)
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:
forgrin wrote:

I was trying to kinda back u up there ;)

My bad! Thanks for your support.
Would automatic admiralty be a good idea just preliminary? (Slightly increases all ship build limits).

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

if you remove ship limit, a game will never come to an end :)
just train 10+ frigates and your opponent will never have his dock up. and it's a tie.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Couprider wrote:if you remove ship limit, a game will never come to an end :)
just train 10+ frigates and your opponent will never have his dock up. and it's a tie.

you would need to make them cost population. And you could slowly win by pushing with towers, mortars and culvs