Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

No Flag S_I_D_aoe3
Crossbow

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by S_I_D_aoe3 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

After the first 40 minutes it wont matter, but it matters from the start when you can make plantantion which has 1.5x better gather rate than rice paddies

Yeah you're gonna make plantations at start for sure. That's early game stuff.
Btw rice paddies and plantations gather at the same rate, because vils walk on plantations and not on rice paddies

I always send advanced plantations for age 2 plantation. Idk how I could've gotten to 1st lieu without it. Less walking time so they don't have to go mines. Easier labor for the vills too, instead of swing a pick at rock they can pick cotton. Seems like a reasonable thing to do. Bc def don't want the vill happiness to drop below 50% or you could have a riot on your hands. Always have to think about the villagers. Am3ricanCa3sar gave me these tips, been using them ever since.
LP-33
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Making the royal guard units having 10% better stats while costing 10% more in colonial

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mimsy for President wrote:
benj89 wrote:in garja's and gs mind the meta changes every semester, and in diarouga's one it changes *after every loss.
:mrgreen:

Pretty much yes. Fun to see how a civ can become OP in 3 days while nothing effectively changed. It's handy to hide behind the meta

S_I_D_aoe3 wrote:I always send advanced plantations for age 2 plantation. Idk how I could've gotten to 1st lieu without it. Less walking time so they don't have to go mines. Easier labor for the vills too, instead of swing a pick at rock they can pick cotton. Seems like a reasonable thing to do. Bc def don't want the vill happiness to drop below 50% or you could have a riot on your hands. Always have to think about the villagers. Am3ricanCa3sar gave me these tips, been using them ever since.

Fair enough, I'll try this asap. Did you try to send land grab as well ? It will make your plantations even cheaper, only 232 wood :O !!!! Then you just have to send the age 1 and 2 plantation upgrades, and age up for both age 3 cards, and then according to Cocaine's guide, after only 30 min of gathering on 6 plantations you will have earned 185 GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Actually to me the meta didn't change since like 2011 or so. It's just that people cycle through the various possibilities over time and that creates trends.
Also the EP has a bit different meta mostly because of maps.
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Garja wrote:Actually to me the meta didn't change since like 2011 or so. It's just that people cycle through the various possibilities over time and that creates trends.
Also the EP has a bit different meta mostly because of maps.

I think one of the biggest accomplishments was that it showed people how good TPs are, whether on or off the FP. Even if they are a bit too good, they are another interesting aspect of the game that was not getting enough attention until recently.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

The reason people are building more tps is because of the better maps though. Try building an early 2tps on patagonia/ozarks/araucaina ect when you have no hunt and you will just lose.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye, in general adaptation toward greedy play is because the map gives you perfect starting resources.
Image Image Image
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

garja <3
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Is there a chance that royal guard units will get +10% attack, +10% hitpoints and to cost 10% more resources, so they can be unigue compared to all other civs?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:Is there a chance that royal guard units will get +10% attack, +10% hitpoints and to cost 10% more resources, so they can be unigue compared to all other civs?

nope
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:Is there a chance that royal guard units will get +10% attack, +10% hitpoints and to cost 10% more resources, so they can be unigue compared to all other civs?

nope

you are Howdah, not ESOC balance team member..

Still waiting for response tho...
@garja
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

If you think 1 EP team member can give you a definitive response on something that has to be decided collectively, you're completely mistaken son.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Give it up dude - nobody wants to buff Brits except you.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Papist wrote:

#never #surrender
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:
Papist wrote:

#never #surrender

add thebritish to balance team hes pr50
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:
Papist wrote:

#never #surrender

I'm not sure you understand exactly how hashtags work.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Papist wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

#never #surrender

I'm not sure you understand exactly how hashtags work.

I have created my own hashtag rules...
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Your design concepts are there... Your execution on how you present your ideas could use some work. Also need to realize when it's an idea no one is in favor of and move on.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:Your design concepts are there... Your execution on how you present your ideas could use some work. Also need to realize when it's an idea no one is in favor of and move on.

The way how i present my ideas arent the real problem.
-The real problem is that players dont wanna listen to what i have to suggest about the balance... (like they know everything about this game)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

thebritish wrote:
iCourt wrote:Your design concepts are there... Your execution on how you present your ideas could use some work. Also need to realize when it's an idea no one is in favor of and move on.

-The real problem is that players dont wanna listen to what i have to suggest about the balance... (like they know everything about this game)

I see lots of people not only listening and reading, but taking time out to make constructive replies to your ideas. I also see lots of people disagreeing with them.

Basically what seems to be happening here is people are listening but disagreeing with you. Because of this you then ignore that they are listening to you and claim that they aren't.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Papist wrote:
thebritish wrote:Thats fair because:
-you have more eco cards for plantantions than asian civs.
-you gather faster from plantations than asian rice paddies
-rice paddies costing less is Asian uniqueness (you cant destroy that and you should not just because you play only euro civs who suck)

1. No, they have the same number of upgrades. Asian civs actually have an advantage, because paddy upgrades boost both food and gold in one card.

2. No you don't. Not sure where you got this idea from.

3. Its stupid that some civs have to pay double what Asian civs have to pay for a coin building, even more so when you realize Asian civs can switch it to food and back. I also never said it should be 400, I said it should be 600.

1. No they don't. Japanese have some extra cards that give a minor increase to both and ship a Paddy Rickshaw.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:

The real problem is that when people reject or disprove your ideas, you can't just accept it and move on. You have to stay, argue, and piss off people who know a lot more about this game then you ever will.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Papist wrote:
thebritish wrote:

The real problem is that when people reject or disprove your ideas, you can't just accept it and move on. You have to stay, argue, and piss off people who know a lot more about this game then you ever will.

you definitely dont know more than me about this game....
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

No one cares how much you know about the game if you're acting like an ass when posting. Just tone it back a little. You'll find that helps in life.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:No one cares how much you know about the game if you're acting like an ass when posting. Just tone it back a little. You'll find that helps in life.

They care and constantly use that as a reason as to why the suggestion is bad, not providing the real reason why the suggestion is actually bad