55%
No
45%

Total votes: 33

Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

[POLL] Chinese colonial

Post by Mimsy for President »

I think the poll is trivial and the answer somewhat obvious. "How?", that's what really matters.

A few suggestions :

- Infinite 7 steppe riders (I think that's what CoupRider mentioned)
- Faster age up to colonial (+100 food crate, + 1 settler etc.)
- Buff the flamethrowers
- Buff the steppe riders
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: [POLL] Chinese colonial

Post by Hazza54321 »

infinite stepp riders or just buff them in general, their age time is fine, ye flamthrowers are shit
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

buff steppe riders but why would we. They're a fine civ and fun to play.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

buff steppe riders, and increase chu-ko-nu HP for food cost..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

maybe add a card that buffs disciples by 10%hp OR ships 7 disciples, allows them to be trained in tc, allows to make infinite disciples from tc and doesn't allow you to make them from explorer if you have 10 of them or more.
Otherwise make the 3 pike 2 keshik batch, 2 ckn 3 keshik.
Another solution i have thought about and it is a bit complexed, is to ship a card in age one that adds an export trickle and also gives you the ability to exchange gold with export.
Ok last one i just thought is do allow you to make musks from the russian bh lol i think that a bad change though
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:maybe add a card that buffs disciples by 10%hp OR ships 7 disciples, allows them to be trained in tc, allows to make infinite disciples from tc and doesn't allow you to make them from explorer if you have 10 of them or more.
Otherwise make the 3 pike 2 keshik batch, 2 ckn 3 keshik.
Another solution i have thought about and it is a bit complexed, is to ship a card in age one that adds an export trickle and also gives you the ability to exchange gold with export.
Ok last one i just thought is do allow you to make musks from the russian bh lol i think that a bad change though

If you can make infinite disciples, you should make them cost 1 pop i think.
Also, giving the keshik +1 attack, +15 HP on base stats while make them more expensive with having 3.5x vs cav at start instead of 3.0x is going to somehow fix china's colonial..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I personally think they need a buff in age 2. Sure it might change the meta but I think every civ should at least have an option to go age 2 even if they might still be better at ffing. Spain for example has a colonial that is worse than fre/brits for example but isn't totally useless like china's.
Jaeger

The 4 cossacks at the Russian consulate could be an option. How about reducing their cost to 300 export (from 400) ? That way they can send them with the 300 export shipment.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Buffing Steppes should work out nicely, but none of that is in the works for the current iteration afaik. Even with good Steppes, you'd just have a weaker Germany in colonial.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iNcog wrote:Buffing Steppes should work out nicely, but none of that is in the works for the current iteration afaik. Even with good Steppes, you'd just have a weaker Germany in colonial.

atleast you will have xbows which are 2x times better than the german ones..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think China is perfect the way they are. They do one thing, they do it well, but not OP well. Not every civ has to be playable in every situation. I agree with the devs philosophy of keeping changes as minimal as possible, almost to say "tie goes to re patch."
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Im pretty sure china's colonial isn't that shitty. Its not the greatest either though. Its not as shitty as spain's colonial.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:Im pretty sure china's colonial isn't that shitty. Its not the greatest either though. Its not as shitty as spain's colonial.

I tried once to fight age 2 china vs age 3 china..
I got demolished like i was playing 2vs1, not 1vs1..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
Jerom wrote:Im pretty sure china's colonial isn't that shitty. Its not the greatest either though. Its not as shitty as spain's colonial.

gotta watch some more boneng recs then
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:

gotta watch some more boneng recs then

i am not talking about disciple rush...
i am talking about real composition...
Jaeger

Jerom wrote:buff steppe riders but why would we. They're a fine civ and fun to play.
Going age III 99% of the time is not what I call having fun.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well there surely are more urgent matters.. There's many other one dimensional civs that you're not complaining about tbh. Or did you want to turn spain into a colonial civ and should japan get a good cav semi strat?
Jaeger

Jerom wrote:Well there surely are more urgent matters.. There's many other one dimensional civs that you're not complaining about tbh. Or did you want to turn spain into a colonial civ and should japan get a good cav semi strat?
It's not what I want or even what the EP team wants that matter, the last word belongs to the community. Originally at least.
I try to gauge people's opinion through these polls. Now tell me if the EP team can boast of doing the same thing.

ps : Japan has an awesome cav semi. Let me know if you want me to teach you.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Buff their anticav.
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Spain colonial isn't bad at all to be honest, their main problem is once they commit to age 2 they almost always have to stay age 2 or they are screwed since no fast age. This is huge because they dont have good early timings to stop a solid semi-ff like france does (without going lower eco), and by the time they start doing quite well age 2 the other civ will probably be age 3. Age 2 fight between spain and france isnt as bad as most would think I would say, with france having a good advantage early-early mid portion and Spain doing well later in colonial fights since they have an extra villager shipment.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Mimsy for President wrote:
Jerom wrote:Well there surely are more urgent matters.. There's many other one dimensional civs that you're not complaining about tbh. Or did you want to turn spain into a colonial civ and should japan get a good cav semi strat?
It's not what I want or even what the EP team wants that matter, the last word belongs to the community. Originally at least.
I try to gauge people's opinion through these polls. Now tell me if the EP team can boast of doing the same thing.

Yes let's teach me, let's play a match so that we can figure out who's right. It was very succesful last time we did..

You shouldn't have the voice at the community imo... the balance patch would be so retarded then. It's fine to let the players that actually know what is up decide.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:

Yes let's teach me, let's play a match so that we can figure out who's right. It was very succesful last time we did..

You shouldn't have the voice at the community imo... the balance patch would be so retarded then. It's fine to let the players that actually know what is up decide.

This Patch is from community for the community!

If only specific people decide for the patch changes instead of the community, those specific people should only play on the patch instead of the community...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well I dont think the average collection of public opinions would turn the patch into anything decent.

Also, this particular change is more a matter of balancing guidelines. Im pretty sure they originally set up to not change the meta whereever possible, to just create an RE2.0 that simply features the same stuff but more balanced. You could argue a different philosofy is better but I can find myself in this one. Makes switching patches less awkward and just stays true to the original ideas.

Not to mention that I think the balance between ff and colonial civs is fine right now. Maybe china is a bit one dimensional, but their build still has quite a few neat variations.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

so lets play a colonial game of spain vs china?
we HAVE improved balance in current fan patch meta, so we should do more to make the game more versatile in future.
remember that big huge is gone, ensemble has died, and we are the game designer now.
Jaeger

Jerom wrote:Yes let's teach me, let's play a match so that we can figure out who's right. It was very succesful last time we did..

I don't know if it's because you didn't get your cheerios for breakfast this morning but I will try to disregard the way you've been acting lately.