Ports: Vanilla Cass, Give 2 Culv Shipment

Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Ports: Vanilla Cass, Give 2 Culv Shipment

Post by forgrin »

Ok, so I know people have been over Vanilla Cass for awhile now- I myself created a poll for the EP. Arguably they are weaker, especially vs cannons, but I really suggest you go back and play with Ports on 'nilla and see how rewarding good micro of the Cass is there. We'll leave that where it stands. The following change is meant to make it relevant.

Ports have a massive problem with enemy falcs in early Fortress, since Cass are so paper thin and your goon mass isn't enough to kill them. This happens every time against France for example: game is roughly even, then he ships 2 falcs and I lose. To combat this, and add some civ flavour (heck, even consulate Ports ship culvs, it's obviously intended)...

We should think about giving Ports a 2 Culv Shipment in age 3. This would allow them to combat enemy falcs effectively and wouldn't really cause other issues since culvs don't really beat anything else.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Ports: Vanilla Cass, Give 2 Culv Shipment

Post by thebritish »

1 culv only. 2 culvs are too good
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

thebritish wrote:1 culv only. 2 culvs are too good

Fair, I was thinking that. However a 500 res Fortress shipment isn't good. How about 1 Culv 2 goons?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Caçadores are known for being bad. ):
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Send 1k wood -> make foundry -> make 1 culv. Honestly if you remove every weakness of ports they just end up being automatically better than basically any civ because the TC is potentially the best bonus in the game.
Image Image Image
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Garja wrote:Send 1k wood -> make foundry -> make 1 culv. Honestly if you remove every weakness of ports they just end up being automatically better than basically any civ because the TC is potentially the best bonus in the game.

Please tell me, in which alternate universe does Ports have time to send 1k wood, make a foundry, and make a Culv without getting completely steamrolled before that?

The TC is really good in theory, mediocre in practice in my experience. Usually as Ports you struggle so much for hunt and are typically being contained, so you can't afford to use your bonus anyways. Basically all the TCs do is save you a bit of wood and make it easier to defend a rush in most games.

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

iNcog wrote:Caçadores are known for being bad. ):

If it's bad already, changing them back to 'nilla Cass really can't hurt then.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

forgrin wrote:
Garja wrote:Send 1k wood -> make foundry -> make 1 culv. Honestly if you remove every weakness of ports they just end up being automatically better than basically any civ because the TC is potentially the best bonus in the game.

Please tell me, in which alternate universe does Ports have time to send 1k wood, make a foundry, and make a Culv without getting completely steamrolled before that?

The TC is really good in theory, mediocre in practice in my experience. Usually as Ports you struggle so much for hunt and are typically being contained, so you can't afford to use your bonus anyways. Basically all the TCs do is save you a bit of wood and make it easier to defend a rush in most games.

They don't have the time for that. On the other hand if you give them culvs they just win. Hunt has been already fixed wiht ESOC maps and 80f vills. Right now Ports consume less food than the average euro civ.
Basically the way you deal with 2 falc card as Ports is just trading them for some structure or other units (or vills if you raid meanwhile) and then win anyway.
Image Image Image
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Garja wrote:
forgrin wrote:

They don't have the time for that. On the other hand if you give them culvs they just win. Hunt has been already fixed wiht ESOC maps and 80f vills. Right now Ports consume less food than the average euro civ.
Basically the way you deal with 2 falc card as Ports is just trading them for some structure or other units (or vills if you raid meanwhile) and then win anyway.

Cass are still 85 food vs skirm food cost. If you actually use your TC bonus, you're still using more. Pretty much the only civ that might use more even with 80f is brit.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye it used to be that way. Now with 80f vills and good hunts they end up being just fine, which means they spam from 3 tcs while also making units like other civs.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You can use goons to deal with falcs like many other civs do, its usually not even that bad. You also have mams which are so tanky that they can sometimes take out falcs very efficiently and often kinda make falcs obsolete. 2 culv could be cool but its not necessary I think, not at all.