Longbow discussion

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Longbow discussion

Post by fei123456 »

if you give longbow 1.5* hi, xbow should have 1.5*hi too.
also PLZ BAN THEBRITISH !
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Couprider wrote:longbow is not strong, but it still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>xbow.
if you dont wanna buff xbow, why do we need this topic?

all civs who have xbows use skirms in age 3...
please try using xbow/pike in fortress age and let me know if you had any chance vs the opponent
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:But bear in mind their crappy animation which clearly weakens their range advantage. It's not like that you can micro with them, especially when you can't use the attack move. So although I can see their pros, skirms are a lot handier in most cases.

Yeah, theres one specific scenario in which skimrs >>> longbows. When you've just aged up to fortress and you want to hold off some musk huss timing or something. Skirm goon is insanely good at that in smaller numbers, trading super cost effectively. Longbows do not trade cost effectively in such a scenario, you need a small mass of them.

But that never happens in brit games because they cant really semi ff (and conveniently dont have to semi ff because they have longbows).

Also, about their animation.. I wonder if the rof really is 1.5 in practice, or if its more like 2-2.5 due to animation. If it really is 1.5 then their stats are absolutely insane.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

wow Couprider that was so dumb that even thebritish could correct you

EDIT:
Jerom wrote:Yeah, theres one specific scenario in which skimrs >>> longbows. When you've just aged up to fortress and you want to hold off some musk huss timing or something. Skirm goon is insanely good at that in smaller numbers, trading super cost effectively. Longbows do not trade cost effectively in such a scenario, you need a small mass of them.

I feel it happens pretty often. Also when you happen to engage poorly you are able to recover more easily with skirms since you don't need that many of them.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Instead of changing the unit, just make a guide on how to use them.
People are trying to use them as xbow or skirm, and think they are bad because that doesn't work..... Lbs are a different unit, witch requires a specific micro to use them properly
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

yemshi wrote:Port musks have the same stats though.

Yes this is true, both civs get royal guard muskets with 3 cards that upgrade their muskets.
Brits also have church tech for 20 percent hp increase which is why their muskets become stronger. I know not everyone uses this tech, but I am a british player mainly and whenever i am making muskets i like to have church card paired with AA because if you combine the techs in both, you get i think 35% percent more hp, 15% more ranged attack, 15% more hand attack, and just a speed loss from 4 to 3.4.

On the flipside, you can just have 15% more hp, ranged attack, and hand attack while increasing speed to 4.4 if you dont use church tech. I just personally think having the 20 percent hp buff while losing .6 speed is worth it.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

cedarfarms wrote:

Yes this is true, both civs get royal guard muskets with 3 cards that upgrade their muskets.
Brits also have church tech for 20 percent hp increase which is why their muskets become stronger. I know not everyone uses this tech, but I am a british player mainly and whenever i am making muskets i like to have church card paired with AA because if you combine the techs in both, you get i think 35% percent more hp, 15% more ranged attack, 15% more hand attack, and just a speed loss from 4 to 3.4.

On the flipside, you can just have 15% more hp, ranged attack, and hand attack while increasing speed to 4.4 if you dont use church tech. I just personally think having the 20 percent hp buff while losing .6 speed is worth it.

totally worth it lol.
Good luck catching 4.95 speed Cassadors with that
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Dragoon

Post by cedarfarms »

thebritish wrote:
cedarfarms wrote:

totally worth it lol.
Good luck catching 4.95 speed Cassadors with that

man you just need to learn how to play the brits and this game in general, muskets speed isnt the most important thing because people who know what they are doing arent using muskets to chase skirms. Cassadors are always faster than muskets so you will never catch them if they are microed properly, so you will lose either way. Maybe try using hussars vs cassador? cassador have like 100 hp and .6 ranged resist if you try to kill cassador with a ranged unit youre just wasting your time.

I wouldnt expect you to understand this tho, i mean you think lbs need a buff because you cant stop musketeer units as british lol
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:if you give longbow 1.5* hi, xbow should have 1.5*hi too.
also PLZ BAN THEBRITISH !

#BTB
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

KINGofOsmane wrote:lb>yumi enought said

stop troll man
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

what does BTB means?
Back to Basics?
or
be top bitch?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Buff Thelong Bows
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

It means Ban The British because you are a blight on this forum.
Dragoon

Post by cedarfarms »

thebritish wrote:what does BTB means?
Back to Basics?
or
be top bitch?

No no my friend, BTB means, BAN THE BRITISH
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Good hashtag
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

This is a longbow discussion thread, not a flame thread. Let's keep it that way.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Cetan_Bow

why they arent considered OP even tho they are cheaper than longbows while having no set up animation like lbows, have 2x vs HI and 4.5 speed on EP?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

enjoy2play wrote:

stop troll man

you ever played japan vs britt in 1v1?
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
enjoy2play wrote:

stop troll man

dont make yumi vs brits.
pure ashi>lbow/musk/pike/huss
Dragoon

Post by cedarfarms »

thebritish wrote:http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Cetan_Bow

why they arent considered OP even tho they are cheaper than longbows while having no set up animation like lbows, have 2x vs HI and 4.5 speed on EP?

Theres more to units than speed, damage multipliers, and animation. Longbows biggest asset is their ROF and their range, both of which are much much better than cetan bows.
Longbows are a unique unit and they excel when they can just sit in the back and snipe. Try this, do a fight 10 musk vs 10 lb and see what happens. Then try 20 musk vs 10 musk and 10 lb. See how different the result will be because the musket will provide the longbows time to use their range and rof while the muskets soak damage up front. This is how lbs need to be used.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Cetan bows have 1.5 RoF too 9same as lbows).
-Now you try 10 skirm vs 10 musks and 20 musks vs 10 musks and 10 skirms and see the difference between skirms and lbows
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

#bufflongbowmen
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Lb are good. No need to buff / nerf them
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Marco1698 wrote:Lb are good. No need to buff / nerf them

they wont become OP if they get +5 Hp and get their multiplier vs HI to 1.25x (same as yumi)
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:
Show hidden quotes

dont make yumi vs brits.
pure ashi>lbow/musk/pike/huss

you are the dumbest person i ever met in my life