Longbow discussion

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Longbow discussion

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:
yemshi wrote:A little off-topic but talking about range, don't you have the feeling that units can shoot further away if their targeted aim is moving away? I've always had that feeling, especially in Age I creeping...

Whenever a unit is aiming at a target, and this target goes out of range, but still in LOS of that unit, the unit will still shoot at the target, whatever the range is. It's basically a micro trick, just right click on your targets when you know they are going to be out of range for your next volley, so that your units will still shoot. Happens a lot with falcs

Sometimes longbows can hit a unit which is out of their range and isnt in their LoS either just because they shoot arrows...
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

thebritish wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
tedere12 wrote:actually cassadors>longbows and since 1 skir>1 cassador skirms win longbows! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3c_ROYrEGw

Caçadores are vet and lbs aren't, caçadores are more expansive than lbs, and lbs need to be microed to be efficient

And every signle person on the forum told me that longbows should never me microed and left to shoot to be able to use their advantage of better RoF

They probs just meant that it's better to let lbs shoot than to do attack move them. Attack move ruins the rof. But if you can, it is better to right click on the target to prevent the lb from resetting animation.

thebritish wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
yemshi wrote:A little off-topic but talking about range, don't you have the feeling that units can shoot further away if their targeted aim is moving away? I've always had that feeling, especially in Age I creeping...

Whenever a unit is aiming at a target, and this target goes out of range, but still in LOS of that unit, the unit will still shoot at the target, whatever the range is. It's basically a micro trick, just right click on your targets when you know they are going to be out of range for your next volley, so that your units will still shoot. Happens a lot with falcs

Sometimes longbows can hit a unit which is out of their range and isnt in their LoS either just because they shoot arrows...

It's the same thing with bullets, what matters is when the projectile is shot. If you had a projectile going super slowly, it would still reach its target if it is on the other end of the map, as long as when the projectile was shot this unit was still in los.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

thebritish wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:Lb are good. No need to buff / nerf them

they wont become OP if they get +5 Hp and get their multiplier vs HI to 1.25x (same as yumi)

longbow already has 1.25Ă— hi. and yumi has 1.5Ă— hi.
again, let's ban thebritish.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:
thebritish wrote:

they wont become OP if they get +5 Hp and get their multiplier vs HI to 1.25x (same as yumi)

#BTB
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Couprider wrote:
thebritish wrote:

I am really sure why my post is written like that, but anyways, i probably wanted to say to buff lbows so, they will have 1.5x multiplier vs HI instead of 1.25x (same as yumi)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

u micro lbs by split firing them, never a move them
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Base stats obviously, why do you always want to compare imp stats ? These stats are probs reached less than 1% of our games... You don't remember ? You said that grens >>>> skirms some time ago and you never agreed to try it.
I don't see the point of your second sentence btw

Yumi and skirms have the same RoF, right?
-Now lets compare them....
Yumi have 52 attack multiplied by 1.5 vs HI, they get 78 attack.
Skirms have 34 attack, multiplied by 3.0 vs HI, they get 102 attack.
-It is clearly that skirms win this beat very convincingly.

But, if Yumi fight skirms, they will rape them because skirms lose their big 3.0 multiplier.

stop act like you have an idea ty
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:
Couprider wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I am really sure why my post is written like that, but anyways, i probably wanted to say to buff lbows so, they will have 1.5x multiplier vs HI instead of 1.25x (same as yumi)

Longbow have more range and higher ROF than yumi. The multiplier is the trade off - you don't get both.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

You dont consider the fact that lbows miss alot.
10 skirms will shoot musks 10 times in a time frame of 2.5 seconds.
10 lbows will shoot musks 20 times (42% of the shoots will be missed (8 shots)) which means lbows will shot musks 12 times in a time frame of 3.0 seconds.

-And skirms have 8.0 bigger multiplier than lbows.
-So, its clear that 10 skirms will do better vs 15 musks compared to 20 lbows vs 15 musks
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dude, skirms are supposed to be harder counters to HI than lbows. That's intended. Lbows on the other hand do better vs everything else. Also the missing % is no way near 42%.
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Garja wrote:Dude, skirms are supposed to be harder counters to HI than lbows. That's intended. Lbows on the other hand do better vs everything else. Also the missing % is no way near 42%.

can you please just ban this troll guy? i'm sure 80% members will agree :evil:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:
Garja wrote:Dude, skirms are supposed to be harder counters to HI than lbows. That's intended. Lbows on the other hand do better vs everything else. Also the missing % is no way near 42%.

#BTB
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

lbows arent even light counters.
They are xbows with long range.
Also, if people think 1.5x multiplier vs HI is going to be OP, you can make them improve from 1.25x to 1.5x with the arsenal tech which increases skirms multiplier...
After all, if they show up to be OP with 1.5x multiplier you can revert their buffs.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

thebritish wrote:10 lbows will shoot musks 20 times (42% of the shoots will be missed (8 shots))

where the hell did you take this number from?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Couprider wrote:

I acctually find it rather funny to read his posts. You don't have any reason to ban him btw - pure stupidity is not a criteria.

And where the fuck did you get the numbers from @thebritish? 8.0? 42%
d:)-
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

thebritish wrote:

lbows arent even light counters.
They are xbows with long range.
Also, if people think 1.5x multiplier vs HI is going to be OP, you can make them improve from 1.25x to 1.5x with the arsenal tech which increases skirms multiplier...
After all, if they show up to be OP with 1.5x multiplier you can revert their buffs.

No, they are xbows with longer range, higher attack, and faster ROF that beat skirms and counter musks if they are adequately protected. They are not going to buff lb because it has already been documented how OP they are when used correctly.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Yes that seems quite the stretch. My guess is that 42% is the combined damage drop-off from stray arrows and reset animations. That doesn't seem too unrealistic looking at their statistics.

Crossbowmen are something of a hybrid between a Skirmisher and a Longbowman, by the way.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Longbowmen already>>>>>>>>>> xbowmen
Crossbows need a buff considering the cost-efficiency of lbs
Imagine how broken buffed lbs could be and the gap with xbows for a ridiculous only +20 food cost

#buff crossbowmen
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

thebritish wrote:You dont consider the fact that lbows miss alot.
10 lbows will shoot musks 20 times (42% of the shoots will be missed (8 shots)) which means lbows will shot musks 12 times in a time frame of 3.0 seconds.

-So, its clear that 10 skirms will do better vs 15 musks compared to 20 lbows vs 15 musks

No way lol, 20 lbs will beat 15 musks easily, while I'm not even sure 10 skirms will beat 15 musks if you don't hit and run.
Skirms shoot every 3 seconds, not 2.5. lbs shoot every 1.5 seconds, not 3. lbs don't miss 42% of the time if you micro them a bit (you prevent them from resetting animation), 10 lbs are very easy to micro and you will have like 10% miss max. 8.0 bigger multiplier ? What lol ?
Just try to check your numbers are correct before you write your post plz... You are being ridiculous when you write that kind of shit
#BTB

P i k i l i c wrote:Longbowmen already>>>>>>>>>> xbowmen
Imagine how broken buffed lbs could be and the gap with xbows for a ridiculous only +20 food cost

#buff crossbowmen

Yeah crossbows suck so hard, they definitely need a small buff
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

imo longbow needs a small buff like x2 vs all infantry and a small nerf like 0,7 vs hand cav units
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:

No way lol, 20 lbs will beat 15 musks easily, while I'm not even sure 10 skirms will beat 15 musks if you don't hit and run.
Skirms shoot every 3 seconds, not 2.5. lbs shoot every 1.5 seconds, not 3. lbs don't miss 42% of the time if you micro them a bit (you prevent them from resetting animation), 10 lbs are very easy to micro and you will have like 10% miss max. 8.0 bigger multiplier ? What lol ?
Just try to check your numbers are correct before you write your post plz... You are being ridiculous when you write that kind of shit
#BTB

2.0/0.25=8

#buff crossbowmen

Do you really use xbows as Germany in age 3 lol?
No Flag yoda
Musketeer

Post by yoda »

@thebritish rather than commenting (pointlessly) might I add, on a unit that doesn't need buffing.

Maybe consider improving your game knowledge and skill and you might find you do better.

You consistently ignore when other players advise you on how to use the unit. You aren't meant to HIT AND RUN lb. They aren't skirm. Can you get that in your head?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

thebritish wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

#BTB

2.0/0.25=8

#buff crossbowmen

Do you really use xbows as Germany in age 3 lol?

Lol you answer to only one thing in what I said. This just proves how wrong you are, you can't even explain why you wrote those numbers. You are clueless. And lmao, 2/0.25 = 8 ? Who cares xD ? If you had to calculate it that way, it would be 2/1.25 = 1.6, skirms have a 1.6 times higher multiplier. But calculating that way is completely stupid and leads to nowhere anyway...

I don't use bows as ger in age 3, so what ? They still suck hard in age 2, and it's the only colonial ranged unit germany has in colo lol... Unlike brits
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol you answer to only one thing in what I said. This just proves how wrong you are, you can't even explain why you wrote those numbers. You are clueless. And lmao, 2/0.25 = 8 ? Who cares xD ? If you had to calculate it that way, it would be 2/1.25 = 1.6, skirms have a 1.6 times higher multiplier. But calculating that way is completely stupid and leads to nowhere anyway...

I don't use bows as ger in age 3, so what ? They still suck hard in age 2, and it's the only colonial ranged unit germany has in colo lol... Unlike brits

If we counting it as full stats, its 3/1.25=2.4
Also, Brits have lbows in age 2 (better xbow), but they get nothing in age 3 other than gg for the opponent (Where are the skirm units for them in age 3 when lbows are age 2) ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

thebritish wrote:If we counting it as full stats, its 3/1.25=2.4
Also, Brits have lbows in age 2 (better xbow), but they get nothing in age 3 other than gg for the opponent (Where are the skirm units for them in age 3 when lbows are age 2) ?

Ah so it's not a 8 multiplier anymore ? Loool man you're a joke. Why do you take the arsenal upgrade into account ? We told you like 100 times you never get that upgrade... Will you ever grow up ?
"Skirms shoot every 3 seconds, not 2.5. lbs shoot every 1.5 seconds, not 3. lbs don't miss 42% of the time if you micro them a bit (you prevent them from resetting animation), 10 lbs are very easy to micro and you will have like 10% miss max." Why don't you answer to this ? I'm waiting for your answer, enlighten me pls.
Brit don't get skirms in age 3, that's one of their weaknesses. Brits should have no weakness ? Should I be crying, as a german player, because I don't have musks in colo ? Obviously every civ have weaknesses and strengths... The weakness of brits having no skirms is also a strength, because they get lbs in colonial instead, and age 2 lbs can fight against age 3 skirms.