PR system improve in FP

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

PR system improve in FP

Post by fei123456 »

suggestion:
1. auto decay (if you dont log in eso for a few days the pr will auto drop)
currently, the decay deadline is 2 week. this is too short as nobody has so many time to play games. thus, the pr cannot reflect many player's real power.
2. low lvl homecity bonus
eso's starting with 10 lvl homecity and cannot change lvl is quite stupid. but the low lvl homecity bonus is more stupid as fuk. some players use low lvl brit homecity to get insanly high pr (like jeffery).
i'd be happy if a new eso account start with 100lvl homecity in new fp. if you cannot do this, at least please remove the bonus.

anyway, why don't we use elo instead of PR?
elo calculates in LINEAR. so, if two players have about 200+ elo score difference, the results will become quite strange: if i win i get +1, but if i lose i lose 30.
this is just not reasonable, cause nobody can have 100% winning rate. and there are poor maps, lag, drop, etc.
No Flag DemonDog
Skirmisher

Re: PR system improve in FP

Post by DemonDog »

People have abused the ranking system for ages. I'd rather people abuse the PR system than the elo system lol
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Couprider wrote:currently, the decay deadline is 2 week.

Players who are level 26-36 need to play one game every two weeks, and players who are level 37-50 need to play one game per week to avoid having their rating decayed.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
Couprider wrote:currently, the decay deadline is 2 week.

Players who are level 26-36 need to play one game every two weeks, and players who are level 37-50 need to play one game per week to avoid having their rating decayed.

that's a joke. don't players work?
if the FP can change the decay deadline to half a year (or totally remove this) it will be nice.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Couprider wrote: some players use low lvl brit homecity to get insanly high pr

When I first came to ESO, my PR jumped to 28 just from winning a few games vs MS, when my real skill level was 2nd ltd. A year later I'm still PR 28 so yay.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

deleted_user wrote:
Couprider wrote: some players use low lvl brit homecity to get insanly high pr

When I first came to ESO, my PR jumped to 28 just from winning a few games vs MS, when my real skill level was 2nd ltd. A year later I'm still PR 28 so yay.

i reached brigadier with lvl10 hunkpapa lol :D
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Before to take care about the pr on fp, focus on playing fp only. There are few players that use it, and when rikikipu or KingRichard are offline, for example, I spend a lot of my time just to find a game. Sometimes I play with dyddyd (he wants unr only, almost.) and heroes, but still unr. So ye, we need that players switch on fp, and then, we can be interested to the pr system in my opinion
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Marco1698 wrote:Before to take care about the pr on fp, focus on playing fp only. There are few players that use it, and when rikikipu or KingRichard are offline, for example, I spend a lot of my time just to find a game. Sometimes I play with dyddyd (he wants unr only, almost.) and heroes, but still unr. So ye, we need that players switch on fp, and then, we can be interested to the pr system in my opinion

but how to make more people play fp? isn't the changes that make players satisfied?
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Couprider wrote:
Marco1698 wrote:Before to take care about the pr on fp, focus on playing fp only. There are few players that use it, and when rikikipu or KingRichard are offline, for example, I spend a lot of my time just to find a game. Sometimes I play with dyddyd (he wants unr only, almost.) and heroes, but still unr. So ye, we need that players switch on fp, and then, we can be interested to the pr system in my opinion

but how to make more people play fp? isn't the changes that make players satisfied?
I think that depends from laziness. I can't really think about something else, I don't know the real reasons, I just imagine they are lazy actually.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

1. Fuck PR. Just use simple Jap ELO.
2. Starting all home-cities at level 100 (or any equivalent alternative) would be great.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

1. it's EP not FP.
2. can't change the rating system (or anything related to the ESO service) with a client side patch.

Yes we should consider Elo rating rather than PR. Actually we do already?!
Image Image Image