Teammappool ESOC Patch

No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Teammappool ESOC Patch

Post by enjoy2play »

Hey,

i really like the most of the Garja Maps for Team, its now most times balanced a good Landmaps, but unfortunately there are some maps which are in my opinion very bad, like Tibet or Cascade Range.

Is it possible we do a poll what the community wants in that mappool? Like put all Teammaps together and we make a poll and just the best 10 maps or so gets in? Or is it possible, that the maps with low vote count just dont come often in that mappool in aoe3 and maps like arizona, arkansas, highplains come more often?

Would be nice if we could do a poll, if we have the possibility to select the maps, we should just take in that one which the community likes.

thx
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Teammappool ESOC Patch

Post by Hazza54321 »

yeah tibet is definitely not a team map.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd imagine the EP team would be very open towards weighting the Team map-set like we have the others. I know I would. I personally enjoy playing on both Cascade Range and Tibet, however.
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

overall i agree i like Garjas maps a lot.

Tibet is just bad not only because of the weird pathing, also because hunts are so weird, the back one often stuck behind a cliff. Ofc you can play according to the map, but seems we all should go rattan TP 5 min rush things then here, or all china ffs?
Cascade i like for the change in how it is, not all maps need big hunts. Ofc favors certain matchups, but ppl need to change playstyle a bit too
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I'm like 99% sure that maps can be weighed in the map pool. That is probably what should be done.

Next patch is right around the corner, perfect time to discuss this.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:I'm like 99% sure that maps can be weighed in the map pool. That is probably what should be done.

Next patch is right around the corner, perfect time to discuss this.

Of course they can be. They are for the other map sets...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

The EP team said recently that new maps will soon be added to the pool, so I'm pretty certain we will see some changes :)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Time to start a poll. ^^

imo, weigh the "unpopular" maps so that they don't come up as often, but don't limit the map pool to only 10 maps

which team maps do you team players like which are from ES, btw?
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

pecelot wrote:The EP team said recently that new maps will soon be added to the pool, so I'm pretty certain we will see some changes :)

we need open beta to try out these new maps!

MY FUCKING GOD I JUST WANT TO PLAY ON THE NEW PATCH
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:Time to start a poll. ^^

imo, weigh the "unpopular" maps so that they don't come up as often, but don't limit the map pool to only 10 maps

which team maps do you team players like which are from ES, btw?

The ones that are in the pool already, going by statistics.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

iNcog wrote:Time to start a poll. ^^

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2380&p=46038&hilit=favourite+map#p46038
this may be a useful source
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well, team maps were originally chose by team players (I think). Atleast under indications from Samwise. ESOC maps were all automatically added (no Indonesia) because we (me atleast) thought they were all good for team games. That's how the pool was built.

Now, I can understand why people don't like Cascade Range (even though the bias is strong here), but what about Tibet for team?
Like Tibet has enough hunts and mines for the classic super standard type of play. The difference with other maps is that you can't really bring them under your TC so a fb is crucial and also you end up having exposed vills everywhere which is part of the plan as well.
I don't think you necesarily need to go rattan rush or stuff like that. You can just do classic rushy strats or, instead, wall and drop a pen for cows (I guess 1-2 players pet team can do that) while playing normal.
Anyway, taking them off costs nothing literally. It's a matter of 2 clicks. Considering that there will be new maps to add to the pool I will just remove Tibet (leave Cascade Range because seems to have more mixed opinions).
However, I just want to know, what about Himalays upper, Himalays, Silk road? I mean, to me those maps are way worse because it's like playing on GP with bad resources. I would personally remove them, since we kinda have 4-5 new ESOC maps to add.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

tibet u only have ur starting hunt and the next one is usually behind a cliff. theres also too many cliffs making it very choky and easily wallable.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

It could be the case that certain maps scale poorly team-games.

Also, Silk Road is absolute shit, yes.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, herding on Tibet is pretty tough, it's not a matter of 2 clicks. Hunts get stuck near the cliffs.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Tibet can only be fun if it appears once in a hundred games or something. Or once in 50. It's something new, but if you just get tibet a lot it gets boring quickly.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

silkroad is maybe the best teammap on RE with hima upper.
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I have question about esoc team maps. When playing in team, is there a way around top vs bottom limitation. As i remember, on re maps you can choose however you like, starting locations were not fixed.
Lancer

However, I just want to know, what about Himalays upper, Himalays, Silk road? I mean, to me those maps are way worse because it's like playing on GP with bad resources. I would personally remove them, since we kinda have 4-5 new ESOC maps to add.

Himalaya imo is a good map (talking team here). Occasionaly a player gets bad hunts, idk if it has to do with the spawning, but if that can be fixed would be op. But this happens not that much. Besides there are enough hunts to fight for and/or herd. And unlike tibet, you can actually fb somewhere to defend the further hunts. Further hunts arent per se a problem imo, as you can change styles too, but its about the options left. Im not gonna FB behind my tc behind the cliffs just because that is my 2nd herd and not herdable on tibet :D

silk road always good map
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

i think hima upper has better hunts then hima, not sure if true but its my feeling. silkroad on RE often spawn without market, is this fixed? didnt play silk often on EP, but imo its a good teammap, except the thing that mines are unbalanced imo.
nice to hear that there are even more maps coming, great job!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:

Himalaya imo is a good map (talking team here). Occasionaly a player gets bad hunts, idk if it has to do with the spawning, but if that can be fixed would be op. But this happens not that much. Besides there are enough hunts to fight for and/or herd. And unlike tibet, you can actually fb somewhere to defend the further hunts. Further hunts arent per se a problem imo, as you can change styles too, but its about the options left. Im not gonna FB behind my tc behind the cliffs just because that is my 2nd herd and not herdable on tibet :D

silk road always good map

You are mistaken, Veni. Market frequently doesn't spawn and mines are most of the time atrocious in terms of balance.

Himalayas is fine, although I have a personal dislike for Upper.
Lancer

market issue happens very few games,but im sure this is something that can be fixed. Im talking about the general map and layout. Mines.. well, like i said, people have to play more to the map also. Mines are okey-ish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I'm not talking about map features; I'm talking about map balance between teams. In this regard, Silk Road is frequently shit.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Silk Road has always been one of my favorite maps. I've always liked the design of that map and never felt bad playing on it.

Perhaps a list should be compiled of the current map pool for team games and we should then vote on it? Let's get that going imo