Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Re: Possible Dragoon nerf?

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
Show hidden quotes

It will indirectly buff civs that don't have goon, so it could be problematic change. It doesn't have to be 20% though, I would start with 10, which would probably be enough.

not really, it more so nerfs france and ports.

Especially Ports :( restore RR on Jinites?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Re: Dragoon nerf?

Post by r4go »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:hard to say, they are defenetly a very good unit but dats sadly not my job to decide what to change :P

You can always give your personal opinion.

you can say how much you want at the end if your not on ep team your opinion isnt usefull anyway.

Best answer, and i like you osmane <3
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:Especially Ports :( restore RR on Jinites?

Relying on goon spam isn't something we want imo... If ep ports need a buff (and imo they don't) I would buff caçadores, or bring inf upgrades to ages 2 and 3 like brits, or do something about the 2 organs shipment (or a combination of those changes). But I don't think we should let goons be that strong, whatever civ is using them. Just like mams, you could have said "keep 5 mams for ports", but I think it's bad to rely on something OP to try to balance a civ.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Kaiserklein wrote:
forgrin wrote:Especially Ports :( restore RR on Jinites?

Relying on goon spam isn't something we want imo... If ep ports need a buff (and imo they don't) I would buff caçadores, or bring inf upgrades to ages 2 and 3 like brits, or do something about the 2 organs shipment (or a combination of those changes). But I don't think we should let goons be that strong, whatever civ is using them. Just like mams, you could have said "keep 5 mams for ports", but I think it's bad to rely on something OP to try to balance a civ.

I definitely agree with cass buffs and goon nerfs, in fact I'm totally down for Ports being a better-rounded civ. But the fact of the matter is, the people who actually seem to make the decisions on the patch team haven't shown interest (no offense to present company, but i'm sure you know it as much as anyone). If we're not going to get Cass buffs in 1.2, and instead just a goon nerf, I'll advocate for a placeholder instead.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:I definitely agree with cass buffs and goon nerfs, in fact I'm totally down for Ports being a better-rounded civ. But the fact of the matter is, the people who actually seem to make the decisions on the patch team haven't shown interest (no offense to present company, but i'm sure you know it as much as anyone). If we're not going to get Cass buffs in 1.2, and instead just a goon nerf, I'll advocate for a placeholder instead.

Tbh I find ports really strong on ep. That's my personal opinion, but I think with a goon nerf ports will be just balanced in 1v1.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

KINGofOsmane wrote:lol i stoped flame 2 month ago.

Thats the problem actually!! :D bring em back ;)
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Papist wrote:Instead of nerfing goons, why not buff skirms multiplier so that they actually stand a chance in early age 3?

This.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:Relying on goon spam isn't something we want imo... If ep ports need a buff (and imo they don't) I would buff caçadores, or bring inf upgrades to ages 2 and 3 like brits, or do something about the 2 organs shipment (or a combination of those changes). But I don't think we should let goons be that strong, whatever civ is using them. Just like mams, you could have said "keep 5 mams for ports", but I think it's bad to rely on something OP to try to balance a civ.

Totally agree.
I agree also that goons need some nerf, but bear in mind MUs vs Germany or China, where there is a lot of cav involved and countering them with heavy inf isn't really an option.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

gh0st wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:lol i stoped flame 2 month ago.

Thats the problem actually!! :D bring em back ;)

i start again! :p
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

These are a couple of options I see to decreasing Dragoon ranged resistance:

– Change all ranged infantry's "cavalry" multiplier to a "heavy cavalry" multiplier, increasing its damage output against light cavalry by 1/3.
– Decrease Dragoon and Musket Rider speed from 7.25 to 6.75.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Yeah dragoons really need a nerf, -10% resistance is a good idea. These units just do not die when they are massed.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Dragoons are just such a good counter to musk-huss play, making civs like brits not able to stay in colonial and be effective. If I were to nerf goons, I would nerf their range, so that musketeers stand a chance against them, and kiting with goons is harder, and they get more damage delt to them. With this though, I would counter buff and make ranged cavalry caracole slightly stronger.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah 10 range for goons could be an idea
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Base goon range should be equal to musk range. However, goons range can still be upgraded at arsenal. Goons can still punish colonial play, but not immediately as it requires an Arsenal up.

Edit: apparently this is already the case lol
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:Dragoons are just such a good counter to musk-huss play, making civs like brits not able to stay in colonial and be effective. If I were to nerf goons, I would nerf their range, so that musketeers stand a chance against them, and kiting with goons is harder, and they get more damage delt to them. With this though, I would counter buff and make ranged cavalry caracole slightly stronger.

That's why Brits have to transition to lbow/goon if they manage to reach 3.

I agree, 10 range would be nice, so units like musk have better chance to hit em. Anyway, it's good to see that most people on this topic agree goon need small nerf.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

nah 10 range nerf is bad, the range resistance is fine, tried it on beta, they actually drop now, dont wanna make them underpowered
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:Base goon range should be equal to musk range. However, goons range can still be upgraded at arsenal. Goons can still punish colonial play, but not immediately as it requires an Arsenal up.

But you don't need 14 range. 12 range is enough to kite musks, only the front line will shoot. For example if you have 10 goons vs 20 musks, you can always run and come back a few seconds later on a side of the group of musks to get free kills, etc. Goons do punish colonial play. 10 range would allow musks to actually give real volleys against goons.
But -10% rr is fine as well
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:nah 10 range nerf is bad, the range resistance is fine, tried it on beta, they actually drop now, dont wanna make them underpowered

-10% rr is probs a bigger nerf than 10 range actually. Because 10 range will really matter only against musks, not that much against skirms (skirms outrange goons hard anyway), while -10% rr matters against any ranged unit
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:nah 10 range nerf is bad, the range resistance is fine, tried it on beta, they actually drop now, dont wanna make them underpowered

-10% rr is probs a bigger nerf than 10 range actually. Because 10 range will really matter only against musks, not that much against skirms (skirms outrange goons hard anyway), while -10% rr matters against any ranged unit

i know, i mean if you did both nerfs ^^
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ah lol nah not both at the same time
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Leave goons alone they don't need to be nerfed :/
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

_H2O wrote:Leave goons alone they don't need to be nerfed :/

stop lying ;p
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Lol once you nerf goons your gonna lose to something else :/
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

_H2O wrote:Lol once you nerf goons your gonna lose to something else :/

What?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Atomiswave wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Dragoons are just such a good counter to musk-huss play, making civs like brits not able to stay in colonial and be effective. If I were to nerf goons, I would nerf their range, so that musketeers stand a chance against them, and kiting with goons is harder, and they get more damage delt to them. With this though, I would counter buff and make ranged cavalry caracole slightly stronger.

That's why Brits have to transition to lbow/goon if they manage to reach 3.

I agree, 10 range would be nice, so units like musk have better chance to hit em. Anyway, it's good to see that most people on this topic agree goon need small nerf.

Yeah, I do think that goons need a nerf, but like the already implemented abus gun nerf, I want goons to be nerfed in a way that can be counter-acted by good micro (something like a range reduction pleases me for this reason).
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.